GRAND FINAL
TREVOR BARKER OVAL 11:45am SUN 11/9
West Brunswick
BrunswickWest BrunswickBrunswick
1st SEMIFINALvsvs
Old ParadiansOld ParadiansWest Brunswick
Ivanhoe

Last edited:

With the VAFA putting it back to the clubs to make a call on 'applying' for promotion and relegation - what do we think will happen in D2?

Will ANY of the top 4 teams apply to go up? I think Glen Eria and MHSOB were clearly the best two teams and above everyone else, but how will they look at this opportunity?
Do they want to play in the best standard they can or only in it for flags?

Will ANY of the bottom 2 teams want to go down a grade? I hear Hawthorn and Parkside are keen to come up and feel they can be competitive with the teams they are building, but will BT and Powerhouse want to go down?

Interesting times for all clubs involved over the next few days.

Chump.

Powerhouse have asked to stay up in Div 3 Chump.
Hawthorn & Parkside to go up, means that Bull Temp to go down to div 3. Think only 1 can go up with Hawthorn ahead by small %.

Where does that leave Glen Eira & Melb High. Does 1 or 2 go up and then who come down from Div 1. (NOBS) didnt win a game and should come down.

Oakleigh unlikely want to come down!

I would think that supercoach would want to stay in Div 2 to cover himself in glory! That is if he is still coaching.

Only a matter of time before Glen Eira and Ormond get to battle it out for the GI/Bedford/Phantom Shield.

Maybe great man and legend David Matthews should coach Ormond as I would give him all the credit for Glen Eiras D3 Flag when merger happened. (What was the name of the coach who took all the credit, gone walkabout?)

Hawthorn & Parkside to go up, means that Bull Temp to go down to div 3. Think only 1 can go up with Hawthorn ahead by small %.

Where does that leave Glen Eira & Melb High. Does 1 or 2 go up and then who come down from Div 1. (NOBS) didnt win a game and should come down.

I would think that supercoach would want to stay in Div 2 to cover himself in glory! That is if he is still coaching.

Great news for Powerhouse - great group of players and the after match is always fun - home or away!!
Not sure on BT have they requested to go down? If so then Hawthorn would come up for season 2022 with Parkside unlucky.

I still don't have any indication on the committee's view from GE or MHSOB - but I'm sure some conversations have been had to work through pros and cons. Likely it will be irrelevant in the end anyway unless NOBS want to drop down.

Whatever the outcome - I think next year in D2 will be even closer than it was this year.

Chump.

I thought i was reading Gun Islands rubbish .

Hawthorn have said they want to stay in D3. Surely Bulleen Temp go down

One change!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One change!
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Congratulations and well done to GE on taking the step up to D1. They have been building a strong club across several teams and in their off field, so should make a good fist of it in season 2022. They will continue to develop some of the kids from their 19's set up AND recruit locally as the standard improves with the higher grades they play in. It takes some courage to make decisions like this and a commitment to always look at challenging everyone at the club to get better. Well done I say, well done.

Good luck to all of those at GE and you have 10 other teams in D2 next year hoping they can join you in D1 in 2023.

Chump.

Any confirmation on the weekend D2 Men's starts next year?
With Easter Saturday the 16th do we get two rounds in before the break or 1.
chump.
I reckon they will try for that , the problem is that councils want 2 weeks break between seasons

Huge get.
Ash is building a very good path back to redemption for the Hoes.
Jingle all the way

Very excited by the news around some new recruits, continued development of a young list and improved relationship with our junior club. A LOT to still be done but some positive steps forward for the club at this point in time.

Chump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back