GRAND FINAL
TREVOR BARKER OVAL 11:45am SUN 11/9
West Brunswick
BrunswickWest BrunswickBrunswick
1st SEMIFINALvsvs
Old ParadiansOld ParadiansWest Brunswick
Ivanhoe

Last edited:

Brainy T - I was unable to make it last night to the Hoers due to a rare condition I have in relation to 'rain on a training night', but my spies tell me that you had a run around with the main group?

Surely the standard lifted somewhat with your skill set on display to the younger generation?

Chump

Round 18 is here ...........

Yarra V Aquinas: At home Yarra will give this a massive shake. Some questions to be answered come Saturday night though. Have the men from Ringwood already put the cue in the rack? (in the seniors at least). Do they 'drop' a few to the Reserves with a chance to play finals on the line? Was last weeks game against the Ants just a bad day or were the Ants simply too good? I think this is a flip of the coin and that Aquinas are a club that would like to finish strong in their seniors and as such get the win.

Cobras v Brunswick - It's been a big week for the Cobras (and Yarra) with the announcement of the merge in play. What impact - positive or negative - this has on the playing group will be shown on Saturday. The Wicks are in some good form and will be a real handful come the finals next week if they can get their full team on the park. Too strong in this one also.

West v Mappas Mob - game of the round. The last time they played it was unusually low scoring. In saying this both teams do have a good defensive structures. What is 100% GTD is this game will be TOUGH and CONTESTED. A great warm up for finals next week as the heat will be on for sure and both sides will find out who in their line ups is up to the physical nature that finals usually bring. Nothing but respect for the Raiders, but WB are the form side in the comp and apart for 30 seconds v Brunswick they would be on a 13 game winning streak. Very tough to beat at home and cant see it happening this week.

House v MHSOB - the House will be looking for a committed effort to finish off season 2023.....and they will get it, no doubt. The unicorns will be disappointed with how things have finished in 2022 and had high expectations adding some real A-grade quality to a team that was easily the second best in it for season 2021. Injury has played a big role in that outcome and I am sure they will be back in finals action in 2023. The unicorns this week.

Ants v Hoers: Not sure I can recall the last time we actually won out at BT? Hope to change that this week. The Ants were up and about last week and will be looking to finish as strongly as possible to springboard into 2023. We welcome a couple back who missed last week and will get a very solid hit out of physical football Saturday afternoon. Hoers get the win.

Good luck all on the weekend.

To those not playing finals - enjoy EOS drinks and each others company. Good luck with your off season and I wish you well for next season.

Chump.

Last edited:

Yarra V Aquinas: At home Yarra will give this a massive shake. Some questions to be answered come Saturday night though. Have the men from Ringwood already put the cue in the rack? (in the seniors at least). Do they 'drop' a few to the Reserves with a chance to play finals on the line? Was last weeks game against the Ants just a bad day or were the Ants simply too good? I think this is a flip of the coin and that Aquinas are a club that would like to finish strong in their seniors and as such get the win.

Cobras v Brunswick - It's been a big week for the Cobras (and Yarra) with the announcement of the merge in play. What impact - positive or negative - this has on the playing group will be shown on Saturday I would imagine. The Wicks are in some good form and will be a real handful come the finals next week if they can get their full team on the park. Too strong in this one also.

West v Mappas Mob - game of the round. The last time they played it was unusually low scoring. In saying this both teams do have a good defensive structures. What is 100% GTD is this game will be TOUGH and CONTESTED. A great warm up for finals next week as the heat will be on for sure and both sides will find out who in their line ups is up to the physical nature that finals usually bring. Nothing but respect for the Raiders, but WB are the form side in the comp and apart for 30 seconds v Brunswick they would be on a 13 game winning streak. Very tough to beat at home and cant see it this week.

House v MHSOB - the House will be looking for a committed effort to finish off season 2023.....and they will get it, no doubt. The unicorns will be disappointed with how things have finished in 2022 and had high expectations adding some real A-grade quality to a team that was easily the second best in it for season 2021. Injury has played a big roll in that outcome and I am sure they will be back in finals action in 2023. The unicorns this week.

Ants v Hoers: Not sure I can recall the last time we actually won out at BT? Hope to change that this week. The Ants were up and about last week and will be looking to finish as strongly as possible to springboard into 2023. We welcome a couple back who missed last week and will get a very solid hit out of physical football Saturday afternoon. Hoers get the win.

Good luck all on the weekend.

To those not playing finals - enjoy EOS drinks and each others company. Good luck with your off season and I wish you well for next season.

Chump.
You're up early Chump, did you wet your bed?

You're up early Chump, did you wet your bed?

Damp conditions in the humpy last night BT. Thankfully a committee member popped by with some dry blankets........and to assure me that if they go to the NFNL (as widely rumored by everyone apart from the club) they wont charge me anything to get in.
Great people down there at Ivanhoe :)

Chump

my tips and heres hoping for a fiver?

Ivanhoe d Bulleen
Yarra d Aquinas (Stacking twos)
Brunswick d Cobras
House d MHSOB
WB d Parade (great hit out prior to finals)

just looked at the last few weeks for aquinas... they are definitely stacking the two's...

I think that would be unlikely. Trips to Kilsyth, Silvan, Chirnside Park and Croydon North (EFNL) or Kinglake and Kilmore (NFNL) wouldn't really whet the appetite when your current furthest trips are Aquinas, Power House and Brunswick.

I would assume Div 2 would be one down and two up this year to keep 10 clubs in Div 2 unless somehow both Cobras and Yarra fill the relegation spots.

1660881363047.png

This suggestion was spoken about in the General Discussion thread. Makes a lot of sense from a numbers side. Perhaps the merger might change things around now though but I think VAFA should stick to this or as close too as possible.

If the merger gets up D2 would have 9 then 2 up and 2 down still gives us 9, so 1 down and 2 up would be the likely option.

I wouldn't assume that Ivanhoe are going elsewhere because it's purely external talk from all accounts.
As my old mate (Chump) from Ivanhoe states that Ivanhoe looking forward to further travel (Peninsula) next year so they will be wanting to prove there wares in D1

Damp conditions in the humpy last night BT. Thankfully a committee member popped by with some dry blankets........and to assure me that if they go to the NFNL (as widely rumored by everyone apart from the club) they wont charge me anything to get in.
Great people down there at Ivanhoe :)

Chump
rhat committee member is toogood to you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brainy T - I was unable to make it last night to the Hoers due to a rare condition I have in relation to 'rain on a training night', but my spies tell me that you had a run around with the main group?

Surely the standard lifted somewhat with your skill set on display to the younger generation?

Chump
Yes mate, overheard two's coach state "the umpire is a better kick than you Nathan"
Was great to get amongst it on the park again. Maybe A comeback on the cards! Only if the Wamba commits also!

just looked at the last few weeks for aquinas... they are definitely stacking the two's...
Looking at their ones names it looks like they may have done a little 'tweaking'. Pretty disappointing but each to their own I would suggest.

Might offer 5 kegs to YARRA to stack their twos as well 😂😂😂

Chump

Brainy Tim, I struggle to commit to an easy paced jog after work.
Unless it’s to a pub.
Wamba you’ll have to remind Chump of a glorious double over BT where the twos had the score wiped after an all in brawl yet rose like phoenix on the fury's broad shoulders to secure the win.
The ones also cashed in that day as they did years later in the wet on the back of Jimmy Hoffs clunks in the wet.

So it’s all set now. Ivanhoe, West Brunswick, Brunswick and the OPs will battle it out in both the Seniors and Reserves.
Not sure what to read into today’s results, but I know West Brunswick look the goods with their pace and organisation right across the field. Ivanhoe we know plenty about. Brunswick can be anything on their day and are a very attacking unit, and then there’s us, who have produced some really solid footy, and good results over year, and when we click, can put together a winning score.

Early indications are that we will be welcoming your mob to the lush surroundings of the Garvey, in the jumper clash clash Champ. You’ll have happy memories of your last visit, but will have to be on your game against the other magpies who are motoring right now. I guess the question will be how much impact will the VFL finals have on that match?

Plenty of intrigue in the week ahead.

So it’s all set now. Ivanhoe, West Brunswick, Brunswick and the OPs will battle it out in both the Seniors and Reserves.
Not sure what to read into today’s results, but I know West Brunswick look the goods with their pace and organisation right across the field. Ivanhoe we know plenty about. Brunswick can be anything on their day and are a very attacking unit, and then there’s us, who have produced some really solid footy, and good results over year, and when we click, can put together a winning score.

Early indications are that we will be welcoming your mob to the lush surroundings of the Garvey, in the jumper clash clash Champ. You’ll have happy memories of your last visit, but will have to be on your game against the other magpies who are motoring right now. I guess the question will be how much impact will the VFL finals have on that match?

Bulleen Temp very competitive today and I'd have to say we can do a lot better.

West Brunswick shaping as the most even team and the team to beat but I still think our best beats anybody in this comp.

The beauty of finals is who performs under pressure on the day wins.

Parade and Brunswick both still in with a big chance

Happy to play finals - anywhere, any place. Looking forward to whatever the future holds and grateful for the opportunity.

Chump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back