GRAND FINAL
TREVOR BARKER OVAL 11:45am SUN 11/9
West Brunswick
BrunswickWest BrunswickBrunswick
1st SEMIFINALvsvs
Old ParadiansOld ParadiansWest Brunswick
Ivanhoe

Last edited:
Unemployed and finished watching Tiger King, Judge Judy reruns and Kath and Kim was never my go 😊

Chump

Youve replied at 10pm, obviously down at Hoe park for free pie night and beers for the unemployed!
Selwood in this week? Friend of mine at NOBS wants to know!

Youve replied at 10pm, obviously down at Hoe park for free pie night and beers for the unemployed!
Selwood in this week? Friend of mine at NOBS wants to know!

Yes they have a community food van there and a warm fire on those chilly nights. Lovely folks down at Ivanhoe who are always welcoming to everyone.

As for your mate - No Scoooter is not playing tomorrow and a few others missing unfortunately, but you play with what you have and you try your best. Hoping for a good game ........ and some more free pies!

Chump.

Last edited:

What a round we have in store for us this weekend ......

Powerhouse v Yarra Valley - I think I agree with my fellow verbose scribe adhoc that at home the House may get the win. That said, last week was an improved performance from Yarra and they will be very hungry to notch their first win. House just.

Ivanhoe v Brunswick - back at home and ready for a very BIG test against the ladder leader who have taken all before them in season 2022 to this point in time. We will have played, OP, MHSOB, WB and now Brunswick in the first 5 rounds, so after this week we should have a fair idea of where we are at. Heart over head here and Hoers by 1 point

Aquinas v Cobras - back out in Ringwood and a little rain predicted, perfect for Aquinas I would suggest and they will get the job done over an improved Cobras unit who will have gained some confidence from their first 4 points of the season from last week.

Bull temp v Melb High - The Ants have obviously improved on last year and pose a threat to MHSOB at home. But the unicorns are a very good team and the wet conditions will not bother a midfield that like the contest around the ball. Unicorns by a couple.

Parade v West Brunswick - what a game. The Raiders provided a big upset last time at home beating the inform Unicorns. Then as soon as i jumped on them, they got well beaten by the ladder leader last week. Now, no disgrace in that, but this becomes a HUGE game for both these finals 4 aspirants. I have gone back wards and forwards on this one, but landed on Westies in the wet. They are tough at the contest and this should be a rippa. Westies just ..... even with a few out! (sorry Mappa, but I am sure you will let me know if you get the win).

Thanks to IAFC for the free pies last night, delicious!

Have a great weekend all, no injuries, Chump.

Last edited:
Yes they have a community food van there and a warm fire on those chilly nights. Lovely folks down at Ivanhoe who are always welcoming to everyone.

As for your mate - No Scoooter is not playing tomorrow and a few others missing unfortunately, but you play with what you have and you try your best. Hoping for a good game ........ and some more free pies!

Chump.
Scoooter would have a tagging job on Rhyen woods anyway

Brunswick nobs took it up to us today in conditions that probably didn't suit their game style.

We were happy to get across the line.

Bad luck to the House, well done to Yarra.

Melbourne High flexed their guns and West Brunswick had a huge win at Garvey in the context of the season.
Agree - interesting round/results Wamba.

Only saw the Hoers until 3/4 time and they were playing reasonably well in a tough and contested game of footy. Looks like Brunswick kicked a few in the last?

West B taking the points at the Garvey is a good win and huge in the context of the shaping of the top teams.

Very close competition IMO with no standout at this point in time.

Adhoc - they made me pay for a pie today - disappointing!

Chump.

Passing on our best to the lad from West Brunswick in the Reserves who was taken away in an ambulance yesterday. The game was effectively called off at the 5 minute mark of the last quarter as he couldn't be moved whilst still on the ground. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Geez that sounds terrible! Any updates that you hear would be appreciated!

Passing on our best to the lad from West Brunswick in the Reserves who was taken away in an ambulance yesterday. The game was effectively called off at the 5 minute mark of the last quarter as he couldn't be moved whilst still on the ground. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Spoke with old buddy of mine at West Brunswick. The young lad heard a crack and had scans today. Has been given all clear. Great news

Powerhouse v Yarra Valley - I think I agree with my fellow verbose scribe adhoc that at home the House may get the win. That said, last week was an improved performance from Yarra and they will be very hungry to notch their first win. House just.

Ivanhoe v Brunswick - back at home and ready for a very BIG test against the ladder leader who have taken all before them in season 2022 to this point in time. We will have played, OP, MHSOB, WB and now Brunswick in the first 5 rounds, so after this week we should have a fair idea of where we are at. Heart over head here and Hoers by 1 point

Aquinas v Cobras - back out in Ringwood and a little rain predicted, perfect for Aquinas I would suggest and they will get the job done over an improved Cobras unit who will have gained some confidence from their first 4 points of the season from last week.

Bull temp v Melb High - The Ants have obviously improved on last year and pose a threat to MHSOB at home. But the unicorns are a very good team and the wet conditions will not bother a midfield that like the contest around the ball. Unicorns by a couple.

Parade v West Brunswick - what a game. The Raiders provided a big upset last time at home beating the inform Unicorns. Then as soon as i jumped on them, they got well beaten by the ladder leader last week. Now, no disgrace in that, but this becomes a HUGE game for both these finals 4 aspirants. I have gone back wards and forwards on this one, but landed on Westies in the wet. They are tough at the contest and this should be a rippa. Westies just ..... even with a few out! (sorry Mappa, but I am sure you will let me know if you get the win).

Since your unemployed, you must be sleeping rough at the club and enjoying free hot showers in that impressive new complex?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brunswick nobs took it up to us today in conditions that probably didn't suit their game style.

We were happy to get across the line.

Bad luck to the House, well done to Yarra.

Melbourne High flexed their guns and West Brunswick had a huge win at Garvey in the context of the season.
Agree - interesting round/results Wamba.

Only saw the Hoers until 3/4 time and they were playing reasonably well in a tough and contested game of footy. Looks like Brunswick kicked a few in the last?

West B taking the points at the Garvey is a good win and huge in the context of the shaping of the top teams.

Very close competition IMO with no standout at this point in time.

Adhoc - they made me pay for a pie today - disappointing!

Chump.
I got a free hot dog yesterday, with cheese!

Ill be on the hunt for a free hotdog tomorrow!
Tips this week Chump?
Have you been busy looking for a job?

FWIW I think winners this week will be

Ivanhoe, Melb High, Brunswick, Aquinas, & West Brunswick

View attachment 1398300

Amazing performance by adhoc, not even bothering with the first four rounds and still doesn't get the wooden spoon... ;)
Thanks OTP, obs I've received averages which is great thanks.

This week

MHSOB to def the House
Ivanhoe easy over YVOB
Aquinas just over parade as is home game
Brunswick to belt B/T
West Brunswick in a close one at Cobras

MHSOB v House - Unicorns were very strong last week and I expect more of the same this week v the House.
Ivanhoe V Yarra - been a tough week at Ivanhoe with non-covid illness sweeping through the place and cancelling training on Tuesday night, but hopefully a few feeling better for tomorrows clash.
Aquinas v OP's - Massive game for these two clubs on the weekend. Trying to pick the winner is tough ..... OP beat MHSOB, but lost to WB, who were in turn beaten by Aquinas, yet MHSOB smashed Aquinas - WT???? Going for home team (but really have no idea and could go either way).
Brunswick v B/T - Brunswick to win, good side wont lose two in a row even against the much improved Ants.
West Brunswick v Cobras - WB to win comfortably I would suggest.

Have a good one all, Chump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back