D2 Division 2 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. not sure who picks the sides/how it works but to have a FB line from manningham and bulleen (no disrespect) is pretty staggering. only 1 player from NOBS also surprising
Doyle got 8 votes in comp b&f and manningham back pocket x 2 got a gig in TOTY and only 1 vote between them in comp b & f. Pick the best team and stop trying to appease everyone!
Agree that sides that finish in top 4 (NOBS) only have 1 player make squad is laughable.

Doyle got 8 votes in comp b&f and manningham back pocket x 2 got a gig in TOTY and only 1 vote between them in comp b & f. Pick the best team and stop trying to appease everyone!
Agree that sides that finish in top 4 (NOBS) onlyhave 1 player make squad is laughable.
Did they consult any coaches before selecting the side? I know with my section they didn’t reach out for an opinion from any of us.

Did they consult any coaches before selecting the side? I know with my section they didn’t reach out for an opinion from any of us.
Would be very interesting to see who the selectors are? Seems some very basic analysis used. If Chumpy Champ was consulted, dare say at least 10 boys from Ivanhoe in the line up. Surprising that Wes from Ivanhoe not selected as best ruckman?

Would be very interesting to see who the selectors are? Seems some very basic analysis used. If Chumpy Champ was consulted, dare say at least 10 boys from Ivanhoe in the line up. Surprising that Wes from Ivanhoe not selected as best ruckman?

Seems purely based off the website - ie goals, TIB

Exception made for Wayne Schultz re his league B&F and GF BOG - but none for Lucisano, O’Brien, VBM, or Stringer from the Top 10

I’d be here for a Chump edition also, the man showed a great and, dare I say it, unbiased eye for this league

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'll have a go.

From the backline....
Whelan (B) White (B) Risstrom (WB)
Aver (A) Doyle (I) Schultz (I)
M.Nolan (OP) Stringer (WB) Blackmore-Moore (I) (dunno if he plays wing but definitely could)
Cafari (OP). Drake (I). Buckler (WB)
T.Wilson (B). Close (I). Hutchins (WB)

Suhr (MH), Mayne (I) OR Baker (WB)... couldn't decide
Jones (I)
Eimutis (MH)

Circosta (P), Lucisano (BT), Palmer (B), Pollard (Y)

Stiff:
O'loughlin (A)
Mckenzie, Pollock and B. Wilson (B)
Cowell and Dakin (BT)
Obrien, Andonovski and Svarc (I)
Commande, Brock and Healy (OP)
H. Radcliffe Smith and Lester (MH)
Young (Y)

Last edited:
I'll have a go.

From the backline....
M.Nolan (OP) Stringer (WB) Blackmore-Moore (I) (dunno if he plays wing but definitely could)

Jones (I)
Eimutis (MH)

Stiff:
O'loughlin (A)
Cowell and Dakin (BT)
Young (Y)
I don't think I need to post - that is an terrific assessment of season 2022 - IMO.

One change re Ivanhoe ...
VBM out / C Obrien in.

Reason: Viv played last 7 games with Collingwood VFL and played injured in GF.
Obi won our B&F and was outstanding in both our finals - especially early in the GF when WB were smashing us everywhere.

Chump.

I'll have a go.

From the backline....

Jones (I)
Eimutis (MH)

Stiff:
O'loughlin (A)
Cowell and Dakin (BT)
Young (Y)
Prefer your side to the league one Hammer! The team of the Year should include the best players from the best teams. As an adopted WB supporter Risstrom is any team I would select. Ivanhoe were a powerful unit this year. Watched them v WB three times. So impressive .

Watched games against Paradians and Brunswick who were handy teams but not in a position to really comment.

Chump ... everyone respects your opinion.

The floor is yours.

Last edited:
Prefer your side to the league one Hammer! The team of the Year should include the best players from the best teams. As an adopted WB supporter Risstrom is any team I would select. Ivanhoe were a powerful unit this year. Watched them v WB three times. So impressive .

Watched games against Paradians and Brunswick who were handy teams but not in a position to really comment.

Chump ... everyone respects your opinion.

The floor is yours.
No need Silver T ..... I think Hammer has nailed it! He has a much better understanding of the best players in each team and true position than the one put out by the VAFA. Well done Hammer!

Chump.

No thread so I thought I'd start one.

Whitefriars
St Mary's Salesian
Parade
Brunswick
MHSOB
Aquinas
Bulleen Templestowe
Yarra Old Grammarian Cobras
South Melbourne Districts
Parkside

Back in D2 for the first time since 2014 for SMS, and I believe the first time we've played MHSOB in the seniors.

Has everyone started pre-season? We've had 5 sessions with 3 left before Christmas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fixture has come out:

Any ladder predictions? I reckon SMD and Whitefriars will be the teams to beat. I'll go with something like:

Whitefriars
Parade
Brunswick
SMS
MHSOB
Aquinas
Old Yarra Cobras
Bulleen Templestowe
Parkside

Any ladder predictions? I reckon SMD and Whitefriars will be the teams to beat. I'll go with something like:

Whitefriars
Parade
Brunswick
SMS
MHSOB
Aquinas
Old Yarra Cobras
Bulleen Templestowe
Parkside
Parkside and Sth MD played a close grand final - don't expect them to be that far apart

Parkside and Sth MD played a close grand final - don't expect them to be that far apart
Maybe. I have heard that SMD were very strong last year and look like they will be this year as well. Hoping we put on a strong show against them round 1

If SMD retain the depth they had last year they will be more than competitive this coming season. Parkside are a club on the rise, they will be very hard to beat at home as they play that ground unbelievably well.

Can't see OYC or BT making the finals and the relegated teams from D1 could be anything.

If SMD retain the depth they had last year they will be more than competitive this coming season. Parkside are a club on the rise, they will be very hard to beat at home as they play that ground unbelievably well.

Can't see OYC or BT making the finals and the relegated teams from D1 could be anything.
Whitefriars were unlucky IMO. Felt that in the clear cut bottom 4 they were better than Peninsula and close to Therry, all of whom were clearly better than us.

Write off Parkside at your peril... I think both Parkside and SMD will surprise a few this season.
Parkside boys have had a great pre season, young list and play for each other

Whitefriars
Parade
Brunswick
SMS
MHSOB
Aquinas
Old Yarra Cobras
Bulleen Templestowe
Parkside

Whitefriars- too strong after dropping down

Will be close from 2-6
Parade- made a prelim in 2021
SMS
Brunswick- look to have lost a few but won the reserves flag so good depth?
MHSOB
Aquinas

Raffle off the last 4 spots- they will get some teams on their day if taken lightly

Parkside
Old Yarra Cobras
Bulleen Templestowe

So we have a few this weekend. We play South Yarra, Old Yarra Cobras played Richmond Central last night, then Mazenod vs Friars, Therry vs Brunswick, Prahran vs SMD, Parade vs West Heidelberg, Ivanhoe vs Parkside and Hawthorn vs MHSOB. Interesting range of opponents

So we have a few this weekend. We play South Yarra, Old Yarra Cobras played Richmond Central last night, then Mazenod vs Friars, Therry vs Brunswick, Prahran vs SMD, Parade vs West Heidelberg, Ivanhoe vs Parkside and Hawthorn vs MHSOB. Interesting range of opponents
I hear parade lost to West Heidelberg by a goal or 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back