D2 Division 2 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know. I think they'll try to have as many 10 team divisions as possible.
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I'm actually not against odd team divisions with byes.
I know speaking to mates, some of them played 8-9 weeks straight and it started to take a toll. Throw in a 2 or so practice games in and you're playing 11 or so games in 12 weeks.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I'm actually not against odd team divisions with byes.
I know speaking to mates, some of them played 8-9 weeks straight and it started to take a toll. Throw in a 2 or so practice games in and you're playing 11 or so games in 12 weeks.
I am.

Congrats to the two finalists.

Backing Parkside in, their ball movement is fantastic. Welcome to Elsternwick and Hawthorn back in D2, we'll see what the VAFA decides for the rest of us.
Parkside will go in favourites with the wins during home and away season. Great effort for them to be promoted and make grand final this year. Looks to be a well run club.

Hopefully we find out the structure for Divisions soon but alot will depend on who is leaving. If they start making a division of 12 teams then it would kill off the bottom sides. Better to have less teams and a competitive division.

Parkside will go in favourites with the wins during home and away season. Great effort for them to be promoted and make grand final this year. Looks to be a well run club.

Hopefully we find out the structure for Divisions soon but alot will depend on who is leaving. If they start making a division of 12 teams then it would kill off the bottom sides. Better to have less teams and a competitive division.
Old Paradians confirmed they are going to the VAFA. Hard to see a division 4 being viable next season.
Congrats Parkside!! Hopefully a GF win this time.

Old Paradians confirmed they are going to the VAFA. Hard to see a division 4 begin viable next season. Congrats Parkside?
Have they released any statement about it? I know Mappa has said no such thing and they're the most prominent Parade poster here.

I don't mind either way but if they are truly gone I think it'll mean 4 divisions of 8 with the expected return of Old Mentone, or two sets of 10 and a 12 team D3

Have they released any statement about it? I know Mappa has said no such thing and they're the most prominent Parade poster here.

I don't mind either way but if they are truly gone I think it'll mean 4 divisions of 8 with the expected return of Old Mentone, or two sets of 10 and a 12 team D3
Apparently, voted in and they told the VAFA last week.... but no, haven't seen anything official from the club. Ivanhoe already gone.

Apparently, voted in and they told the VAFA last week.... but no, haven't seen anything official from the club. Ivanhoe already gone.

Confirmed tonight. Noticed the VAFA admitted to begging them to stay. For a side that's got a 19s and thirds side they can't be going too badly. All though average results in the seniors this year

The club has to be accepted by the NFNL first (meeting tomorrow, dunno exactly when they decide yay or nay).
Then the VAFA has to either clear them or refuse to clear them.
Reading between the lines, I would not be surprised if the VAFA refuses the transfer.
AFL Vic will them clear them on appeal because moving to the NFNL will not be of detriment to the VAFA.

Not often "prominent" and "Mappa" are used in the same sentence eth-dog (unless you're talking about my schnozz :D)

Our statement is available on our social media platforms and website. Not a fait accompli, as we have to present to the NFNL and then it goes to AFL Victoria, but we are confident in our bid.

We've got nothing negative to say about the VAFA. You don't don't stay in a competition for 3/4s of a century if you don't like it, but as the statement reads, we feel the future of the footy club is best served aligning with a comp closer to where we are situated, and several other reasons.

Onwards and hopefully upwards from here

Not often "prominent" and "Mappa" are used in the same sentence eth-dog (unless you're talking about my schnozz :D)

Our statement is available on our social media platforms and website. Not a fait accompli, as we have to present to the NFNL and then it goes to AFL Victoria, but we are confident in our bid.

We've got nothing negative to say about the VAFA. You don't don't stay in a competition for 3/4s of a century if you don't like it, but as the statement reads, we feel the future of the footy club is best served aligning with a comp closer to where we are situated, and several other reasons.

Onwards and hopefully upwards from here
Will the school allow consumption of alcohol at games if they go to the NFNL?

Confirmed tonight. Noticed the VAFA admitted to begging them to stay. For a side that's got a 19s and thirds side they can't be going too badly. All though average results in the seniors this year

So sad, at least our last memory will be a nice 20 goal win against a team who’d already given up on the VAFA.

This should open the gates for more Dai$y gigs from players chasing some quick coin, will surely be a successful and sustainable model for building the club up from the bottom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club has to be accepted by the NFNL first (meeting tomorrow, dunno exactly when they decide yay or nay).
Then the VAFA has to either clear them or refuse to clear them.
Reading between the lines, I would not be surprised if the VAFA refuses the transfer.
AFL Vic will them clear them on appeal because moving to the NFNL will not be of detriment to the VAFA.
Refusing a transfer would be a waste of time. Blocking a club moving from an amateur competion to a paid, local competition won't get far and it wouldnt be good for anyone to hold Old Parade in a competition when they want out.

Bit of work ahead for VAFA and the AGM will be interesting once again.

So sad, at least our last memory will be a nice 20 goal win against a team who’d already given up on the VAFA.

This should open the gates for more Dai$y gigs from players chasing some quick coin, will surely be a successful and sustainable model for building the club up from the bottom.
Nice to hear from you again Navy. Just to clarify…

Very rough day out at the Friars that day indeed. Our 10 goal win that ultimately led to the Donvale boys missing the finals was equally as satisfying though 😉. We were leading Parkside in round 18 until the last minute. We’d far from “given up on the VAFA”.

We leave the Amateurs (or are planning to) with many great memories, but more importantly with our integrity in tact. If you have evidence of your Dale Thomas accusation, please bring it forward.

Was a nice win, however ultimately in vain as both sides celebrated their mad monday not in the top 4 :(

Refusing a transfer would be a waste of time. Blocking a club moving from an amateur competion to a paid, local competition won't get far and it wouldnt be good for anyone to hold Old Parade in a competition when they want out.

Bit of work ahead for VAFA and the AGM will be interesting once again.
Damning statement from the VAFA appearing desperate. When Ivanhoe left not so much as a whimper from them

Having a go at team of the year. Being a follower of one team in the grade, I only get to see most twice a year. Missed a couple of games this season also. Backs are tough - theres probably 10 more that do the job every week that don't stand out to oppo supporters.

Wilson (MH) Armenia (SMD) Baltruweit (OY)
Holden (P). White (B). Brock (OP)
W McKenzie (B) T Bell (OY) Hands (W)
Brooker (SMD) Wood (W) Kieseker (W)
Margaritis (OY) Radford (P) Dwyer (A)

Hamilton (P)
M Romano (P)
Eimutis (MH)

A Ross (B) Stacker (OY) Pirozek (MH) Hellier (MH)

Stiff:
P: L Logozzo, Soligo
OY: Jones, Tokatliyan, Sambevski
B: B Wilson, Haddock, Coverdale
SMD: Sfetkidis, Bradford
W: Garratt
MH: Pereira
BT: Dakin
OP: Boundy
SMS: Elliston, Tait
A: Flack

Having a go at team of the year. Being a follower of one team in the grade, I only get to see most twice a year. Missed a couple of games this season also. Backs are tough - theres probably 10 more that do the job every week that don't stand out to oppo supporters.

Hamilton (P)
M Romano (P)
Eimutis (MH)

Stiff:
Hard to say given we don't know who's been nominated by their coaches. I'd have Elliston and Tricarico in for SMS. Great effort though

Hamilton (P)
M Romano (P)
Eimutis (MH)

Stiff:
Marcus Nolan (OPs Captain) starts on ball for any team in the division. Not a criticism of your side, as you've done a great job, but Nolesy is an out and out star. If he can't get a gig on ball, he'd kick 3 a game from the FP :D

Marcus Nolan (OPs Captain) starts on ball for any team in the division. Not a criticism of your side, as you've done a great job, but Nolesy is an out and out star. If he can't get a gig on ball, he'd kick 3 a game from the FP :D
Agreed, genuine gun but didn't do as much damage against my team this year.

Hamilton (P)
M Romano (P)
Eimutis (MH)

Stiff:
Too many MHSOB, unfortunately if they were that good the team would've finished higher on the ladder. Agree with Nolan in, also other than that looks good. Wood wins the League BNF

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back