D2 Division 2 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Expect Bulleen to be back. 2023 they started their year well with the Under 19's coming through, however they kept going down to fill out the numbers for the 19s. With them all ageing out I am expecting a stronger Seniors team. Should be a fairly competitive division like last year hopefully.
Their reserves have been awful for a decade, hopefully a few u19s stick around. BT's Junior club has always been strong but hardly any stay

Expect Bulleen to be back. 2023 they started their year well with the Under 19's coming through, however they kept going down to fill out the numbers for the 19s. With them all ageing out I am expecting a stronger Seniors team. Should be a fairly competitive division like last year hopefully.
Their reserves have been awful for a decade, hopefully a few u19s stick around. BT's Junior club has always been strong but hardly any stay
The seniors put up a few good fights, but their depth ( or lack of) will be a killer. Agree that we should be in for a good year. I don't think there will be a clear bottom side. Good signs for the comp.

On a side note, anyone know why they get so many twilight/night games? Do you have to request them? Wonder if they get more 19s available for friday games.

A good mate said they have moved to manson reserve in wantirna (St andrews cricket club)

New facilities and 2 ovals there (one fenced I think)

Far out. Will be high scoring games there this year, there’s a reason a footy club doesn’t call it home!!!

3 ovals in total, 1 fenced and barely big enough for junior footy. Other 2 are a good place for pre game warmups and that’s it.

Far out. Will be high scoring games there this year, there’s a reason a footy club doesn’t call it home!!!

3 ovals in total, 1 fenced and barely big enough for junior footy. Other 2 are a good place for pre game warmups and that’s it.
Fixture has them playing all games at Aquinas college 😳

Right, Well that's no good! I haven't been there in a long time, but assumed with the pavilion upgrade they would fix the issues with the main oval at least.

Fixture has them playing all games at Aquinas college 😳

That's odd, heard from multiple sources that was the plan for them, god have mercy on the players if they have to play at that school paddock. Heard a unhealthy relationship with school regarding the oval use was key to the move

The seniors put up a few good fights, but their depth ( or lack of) will be a killer. Agree that we should be in for a good year. I don't think there will be a clear bottom side. Good signs for the comp.

On a side note, anyone know why they get so many twilight/night games? Do you have to request them? Wonder if they get more 19s available for friday games.
Bulleen Temp supporters are a big reason why a lot of juniors don’t continue at the senior club. Pretty rough bunch that sit on the far side under the scoreboard apparently. This is all second hand info from a mate who’s son went through the juniors there, was a common concern for junior parents.

Bulleen Temp supporters are a big reason why a lot of juniors don’t continue at the senior club. Pretty rough bunch that sit on the far side under the scoreboard apparently. This is all second hand info from a mate who’s son went through the juniors there, was a common concern for junior parents.

More likely its the pull of old boys clubs (eg. Marcellin) in the area and paying clubs in very close proximity (eg. Templestowe). A very competitive area for players and Cobras have only last year managed to escape D2 on the back of a merger.

Aquinas definitely looking to move from school and build juniors. It's been on cards for years.

South at home will be a cut above everyone else. Whitefriars and Brunswick will be very competitive again. I expect Hawthorn and Elsternwick to consolidate this year with VAFA watching both closely so there are no slip ups.

Who has everyone got for praccy matches?

More likely its the pull of old boys clubs (eg. Marcellin) in the area and paying clubs in very close proximity (eg. Templestowe). A very competitive area for players and Cobras have only last year managed to escape D2 on the back of a merger.

Aquinas definitely looking to move from school and build juniors. It's been on cards for years.

South at home will be a cut above everyone else. Whitefriars and Brunswick will be very competitive again. I expect Hawthorn and Elsternwick to consolidate this year with VAFA watching both closely so there are no slip ups.

Who has everyone got for praccy matches?
Its such a big school (aquinas) I don't know how they didn't have u19s last year, something going on there. I am sure old yarra are playing them in a praccy, dont know where, grounds are like hens teeth this time of year

Agreed with SMD, Friars and brunswick. And of course the new derby Wicks vs Citz will be spicy to say the least

Certainly keen to see how the Wicks and Hawks go, by the 2nd half of last season they were miles in front of the rest of the competition. Retention of players at this level is always difficult but both sides have very potent forward lines that a lot of clubs will struggle to contain.

Wattle Park is my concern, good on them for accepting the invitation to go up - I just hope they haven't bitten off more than they can chew. They will pinch a few games at home, but will need at least a 6-8 goal improvement as they fell away at the back end last year.

Certainly keen to see how the Wicks and Hawks go, by the 2nd half of last season they were miles in front of the rest of the competition. Retention of players at this level is always difficult but both sides have very potent forward lines that a lot of clubs will struggle to contain.

Wattle Park is my concern, good on them for accepting the invitation to go up - I just hope they haven't bitten off more than they can chew. They will pinch a few games at home, but will need at least a 6-8 goal improvement as they fell away at the back end last year.
Agreed GY. I commend Wattle Park but they will have to recruit well. On their instagram they have announced a signing of a bunch of AFL podcasters that have amassed a sizeable online following! Maybe that will bring in some more youth.

Will be interested to see if Elsternwick retain the influx of St Kilda City players they had last year. Ended up coming close to the player points limit, I haven't seen that at D3 level before.

As for SMD, Friars & Brunswick i think they will all be hard to beat on their home decks. Any truth to Wood going to Box Hill? Would be a serious dent for the Friars.

Agreed GY. I commend Wattle Park but they will have to recruit well. On their instagram they have announced a signing of a bunch of AFL podcasters that have amassed a sizeable online following! Maybe that will bring in some more youth.

Will be interested to see if Elsternwick retain the influx of St Kilda City players they had last year. Ended up coming close to the player points limit, I haven't seen that at D3 level before.

As for SMD, Friars & Brunswick i think they will all be hard to beat on their home decks. Any truth to Wood going to Box Hill? Would be a serious dent for the Friars.
Re: St Kilda City players - Vargas has signed at Springvale Districts. Oman out the door as well but not sure where. There was a 3rd one, but was told he wasn't at the standard of the other two.
Elsternwick's big ruckman has retired as well. I thought he played really well in the GF. I'd imagine it will leave a dent.

Re: Wattle Park. They have recruited twins that are huge on social media. Not very good footballers but their old club was getting up to 5000 to their games in SA due to their social media presence. Could be very handy for club coffers.

Re: St Kilda City players - Vargas has signed at Springvale Districts. Oman out the door as well but not sure where. There was a 3rd one, but was told he wasn't at the standard of the other two.
Elsternwick's big ruckman has retired as well. I thought he played really well in the GF. I'd imagine it will leave a dent.

Re: Wattle Park. They have recruited twins that are huge on social media. Not very good footballers but their old club was getting up to 5000 to their games in SA due to their social media presence. Could be very handy for club coffers.

Great - more games at Wattle Park where the away team has to get changed in the cricket nets as they will a function every week!

I think the Div 12 ressie boys will be in the thirds, so they can have their pals and podcast members play with them. Not wrong about putting them on the map though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Div 12 ressie boys will be in the thirds, so they can have their pals and podcast members play with them. Not wrong about putting them on the map though
The Elsternwick ruck duo was formidable, they had two giants in there. Will certainly leave a dent.

Can't wait to see 5000 at a VAFA thirds game, might be rivalling the A grade final! Wonder if HQ will charge for entry lol

The Elsternwick ruck duo was formidable, they had two giants in there. Will certainly leave a dent.

Can't wait to see 5000 at a VAFA thirds game, might be rivalling the A grade final! Wonder if HQ will charge for entry lol
Jones is definitely playing. He'll towel up most again in this grade.

Jones is definitely playing. He'll towel up most again in this grade.
Not Jones, the other fella. Tennis coach I am told.
Would probably mean Jones has to play in the ruck. Thought he was incredible in the 2nd semi out at De La. Nearly won the game off his own boot playing forward.
That would leave a dent one would think.

Let’s get these pre season predictions in soon. Let’s hear

Gf teams + premiers
Best in comp
Coleman medal
Wooden spoon

Mine is

SMD V BRUNSWICK
Jones (Elsternwick)
Elliston
Wattle park

Let’s get these pre season predictions in soon. Let’s hear

Gf teams + premiers
Best in comp
Coleman medal
Wooden spoon

Mine is

SMD V BRUNSWICK
Jones (Elsternwick)
Elliston
Wattle park
SMD over Brunswick
Brooker - SMD
Brooker again
Wattle Park

Any practice matches for any clubs this?
Any big signings for any clubs yet?

We had our praccy vs Hawthorn cancelled. Hawthorn not keen on playing us in the praccy and then playing them Round 1, 2 weeks later.

Any practice matches for any clubs this?
Any big signings for any clubs yet?

We had our praccy vs Hawthorn cancelled. Hawthorn not keen on playing us in the praccy and then playing them Round 1, 2 weeks later.
Hawthorn not keen you say? I suggest you ask your coach next time you are at training and you’ll be surprised with his answer Johnny.

Bahahha mate I've got no clue what's going on at the club I'm new. Pretty sure he said we both mutually said no incase one team gets whacked in preseason and then 2 weeks later gets whacked again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back