Division 2 thread 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

All Division 2 discussion in here.
Well don't stop at Div 2, how about starting a thread for all the remaining Divisions for next year.
And while you are at, it how about updating the Forum name to the Eastern Football Netball League.

Chief

Better late than never.
If changes like this need to be made, just bring them to me in the mod’s board and I will take care of them. They can get lost if they are floating around other threads.

Oakleigh applying to join this division. Seems a strange one.

If they are voted in they will struggle. Div 3 would be a better fit in terms of being competitive.

Jeez Division 2, one of those ones that is very hard to pick. On paper South Belgrave should walk to the premiership with a ridiculous haul of recruits. Footy isn't played on paper however.

Heathmont, The Basin, Ringwood and Templestowe will be up there battling it out for finals.

Just off last year and without major recruiting you'd expect Knox, Mulgrave, Oakleigh District and East Burwood to be the bottom four.

Boronia I'm not sure, somewhere in the middle.

But nothing is surer than at least one team surprising and being better or worse than expected. Throw in COVID which will produce some weird results at times you'd think.

I am having a guess. My winners for Round 1 are Ringwood, South Belgrave, Templestowe, Boronia, and hoping it's the Rams over Knox.

The Rams win their first game in Div 2. Been a long time since the Rams have won in Division 2. 8 new players. A tough game next week. Footy's back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week my guess tips are, Heathmont, Ringwood, South Belgrave, Templestowe and Boronia. I will call the captain obvious Grand Final early, Templestowe/South Belgrave.

Very interesting at this stage, EB reserves won comfortably and the seniors are ahead by 3 goals. Fingers crossed for the rest of the game.

57 point win. That's a great reply to everyone who criticised the club playing in Div 21.

Edited because of my tubby finger.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back