Division 2 thread 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
It's always a bit of a balance between somebody being a genuine star and them simply playing below their level.

I've said the same about Kyle Martin, he won so many B&Fs but really, he's a multiple VFL B&F in his prime... he should be winning them as long as he's fit.

No doubt Smith is playing below his level but having said that, still think it's a fair old effort to win all those league awards and also be the undoubted best on the biggest day of the year.

Not to mention he stepped into the captaincy and won rave reviews.

Plenty of clubs have broken the bank for a player and been let down... that's certainly not the case here.

Also, my view would be the gap between the top three divisions has probably never been smaller. The salary caps (which even if not strictly adhered to, offer a guide) are more compressed than ever and players are frequently moving down the divisions. And also, the top 30 clubs in the league are not the same as 20-odd years ago... and that's largely because more clubs have simply joined from outside. Clubs that were comfortably Tier 2 are now Tier 3 and it's not really because they're any worse... it's also that all the new clubs have come in above them.

I reckon the top few clubs in D2 would be genuinely competitive with the bottom half of Premier Division.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back