Callum Spencer - Greensborough
Anthony Jenkins - Vermont
Ned Mullins - Balwyn
Andrew Bottomer - Balwyn
Joe Gorman - Balwyn
Matthew Tymensen - Knox

OUTS

Barlow - Knox

5/12/2024 Great numbers at training once again.
Amazing how so many of those players have come from along the Murray. Add Zac Webster to the list as well. Makes you wonder if they all went to school together?

Did Zac play at Box Hill Hawks?
No, that Zac Webster was around 10 years ago and from memory Hawthorn got rid of him after he went to court over some sort of sex tapes. He was one of their Tassie recruits with a lot of talk at the time how Tassie players were being given a chance to play AFL.
The Zac Webster EB has recruited was originally from Yarrawonga.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing how so many of those players have come from along the Murray. Add Zac Webster to the list as well. Makes you wonder if they all went to school together?
Another one from Yarrawonga added to the list. Ned Harvey, the 2023 U18 B&F winner. Not sure if he will be playing seniors or U19.5.

I moved this post to here.

Croydon came out and gave the Rams a spanking. Both sides had a few players out but that didn’t mean anything. I was impressed with Croydon and they are certainly a massive chance to go straight back up even though it’s one game. I will add, that they will smash a few teams this year considering who they had out.

Thanks to all the Croydon Members/Supporters/Players for attending yesterday. It was a great day all around. I caught up with people I hadn't seen since EB last played Croydon many years ago.

Last edited:
I moved this post to here.

Croydon came out and gave the Rams a spanking. Both sides had a few players out but that didn’t mean anything. I was impressed with Croydon and they are certainly a massive chance to go straight back up even though it’s one game. I will add, that they will smash a few teams this year considering who they had out.

Thanks to all the Croydon Members/Supporters/Players for attending yesterday. It was a great day all around. I caught up with people I hadn't seen since EB last played Croydon many years ago.

Thanks for the acknowledgement. The hospitality at East Burwood yesterday was very good, enjoyable afternoon overall (not only because of the match results). I had East Burwood pencilled in for top 5 this season, along with Croydon, and that hasn't changed.

Looking forward to the return match at our ground.

Nick.

Looked at the ladders, interesting ladder already this one, with a major split already appearing between the top 5 and bottom 5.

Boronia 287%
Waverley 199%
Croydon 197%
Ringwood 148%
Templestowe 145%
Heathmont 69%
Lilydale 56%
East Burwood 46%
The Basin 43%
Mulgrave 40%

Interesting to see how this develops, it’s so early but a big gap has already appeared - of course it depends on who each team has played but which is it… are the top teams really good or are the bottom sides really s**t.

Whats happened at East Burwood? You could excuse them a little for Croydon but they were horrible against Ringwood. Have only kicked 10 goals in 2 weeks.

Would want to beat Waverley this week or they will be 0-4 because they have Boronia the week after.

Whats happened at East Burwood? You could excuse them a little for Croydon but they were horrible against Ringwood. Have only kicked 10 goals in 2 weeks.

Would want to beat Waverley this week or they will be 0-4 because they have Boronia the week after.

Weren’t very good last year. Also got a new coach which can take time to bed in. You can train all you like, you often don’t find out what’s really working until you’re under match pressure.

All clubs get injuries the Rams had a heap last year and start this season with 19. They were disappointing last week and I have no idea how they will go this week under lights. I am not hitting the panic button just yet. Team selection will be interesting tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back