Division 3 - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone from Aquinas tell us what the ground condition is like at the moment - the D2 Prelim is going to be played there on Sunday this week?

Cheers Cump.

Was very, very heavy in Rd 16 against Emmaus but then pulled up amazingly well for the Rd 17 game against Albert Park. By Sunday there won't have been a game on it for 22 days and we don't train on it so as long as there's no really heavy rain between now and then it will be in good condition.

A good viewing ground too with the undercover grandstand and elevated concourse. Plus old Louie and Whits will be in the canteen serving up Ringwood's finest selection of food and drink so it should be a great day.

Was very, very heavy in Rd 16 against Emmaus but then pulled up amazingly well for the Rd 17 game against Albert Park. By Sunday there won't have been a game on it for 22 days and we don't train on it so as long as there's no really heavy rain between now and then it will be in good condition.

A good viewing ground too with the undercover grandstand and elevated concourse. Plus old Louie and Whits will be in the canteen serving up Ringwood's finest selection of food and drink so it should be a great day.

Thanks Cool-B sounds like it should be in good nick then.

Cheers mate, Chump.

P.S. Good luck on the weekend at Garvey!

Two very interesting matches on the weekend with the carrot of promotion just as big as wanting to play in a grand final.
Emmaus St Leos vs Aquinas
West Brunswick vs Hawthorn

St Leo's by 5 goals, the best side in it.

Hawthorn by 2 goals.

St Leo's to win the flag.

Hawthorn's back end of the year form very impressive. I thought they'd struggle this year without Tremewoen(spelling)

Geez, Grand Final week and zero activity. Well that is probably because Emmaus St Leos are long odds on to claim the premiership.
Emmaus St Leos vs West Brunswick.

Emmaus have back to back years of getting done a by a solitary point, after one of the more dominant seasons we have seen, the only game they dropped was the big one
Congratulations to WB on back to back premierships

Epic Grand Final! Both teams gave a special contest all day.

Hard to watch St Leo's panic like they did in the last. They needed some cool heads in the warm conditions and unfortunately the fear of losing got the better of them.

Kudos to WB though, dug deep and stayed calm. Impressive.

Epic Grand Final! Both teams gave a special contest all day.

Hard to watch St Leo's panic like they did in the last. They needed some cool heads in the warm conditions and unfortunately the fear of losing got the better of them.

Kudos to WB though, dug deep and stayed calm. Impressive.
WB a better club all over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit harsh there Waspy. Was lucky enough to be at the game, and from what I saw was St Leo's show a lot of class in defeat. Must of been hard to swallow being undefeated all year and lose a final by a solitary point for 2nd consecutive year. Would have been easy to pick up sticks and head into to the rooms.

Unfortunately has to be a winner, and everyone definitely got their $12 worth. A pretty good showcase for the lower divisions of the VAFA I think. I'm not sure what you could possibly be basing who is a better club on.

Bit harsh there Waspy. Was lucky enough to be at the game, and from what I saw was St Leo's show a lot of class in defeat. Must of been hard to swallow being undefeated all year and lose a final by a solitary point for 2nd consecutive year. Would have been easy to pick up sticks and head into to the rooms.

Unfortunately has to be a winner, and everyone definitely got their $12 worth. A pretty good showcase for the lower divisions of the VAFA I think. I'm not sure what you could possibly be basing who is a better club on.

Called Karma. not an easy club to deal with over the years.

poor really Waspy, noticed you have just been taking easy cheap shots on other forums. Not sure you beef, but have not heard any gripes in regard to St Leo's on any forums. Like most Ammo clubs I'd assume full of people with right view of Footy in VAFA.

Vafa is great place to play and be involved in footy, easy to throw stones and walk away. Which you should, walk away......

poor really Waspy, noticed you have just been taking easy cheap shots on other forums. Not sure you beef, but have not heard any gripes in regard to St Leo's on any forums. Like most Ammo clubs I'd assume full of people with right view of Footy in VAFA.

Vafa is great place to play and be involved in footy, easy to throw stones and walk away. Which you should, walk away......

Nothing against Leos but if you are going to pay your senior coach that much, you would need to be winning grand finals not going out in straight sets or losing the Unlosable.....

Fair enough then, all entitled to an opinion, but would hazard a guess that if not involved with the club how could you profess to know what a coach is getting paid.

One loss by one point hardly the worst result. Promotion banked, would be in reflection seen as success for the club.

Are you an Emmaus player that got dropped finals time? Sounds like it.

Yes I'm an St Leo's player that got drop during the finals... Now that we have that out of the way, St Leo's actually advertised the remuneration in their coaching ad, so everyone that looked at the ad would know??

I personal just think it was above the odds to go out in straight sets in year one and not complete a clean sweep in year two but each club to their own and well done on the promotion.

Apologies for upsetting you OWO ya flog!

Yes I'm an St Leo's player that got drop during the finals... Now that we have that out of the way, St Leo's actually advertised the remuneration in their coaching ad, so everyone that looked at the ad would know??

I personal just think it was above the odds to go out in straight sets in year one and not complete a clean sweep in year two but each club to their own and well done on the promotion.

You sound like a real superstar Cosmo. Maybe your time might be better spent having another look at a Year 8 English text book.
From my dealings with ESL, they are a well run club with a lot of good blokes involved. Most of their committee are players.
Doubt you'd ever stick your hand up to sit on the committee at your club Cosmo.

Have played against Emmaus a number of times and they have been one of our great rivals over the years! Great club with great people. Spewing they have gone up (one of our local road trips from Aquinas) but also happy as we don't have to face them next year!

Cosmo, you are a silly silly boy! Should have improved your opposite foot and you may have got a game!! Sure you were great at running water though?!

I helped coach against St leo's a few years back the only bad thing I have to say about them is their facilities are p*ss poor but St leo's are not paddling that canoe alone in the ammos

You sound like a real superstar Cosmo. Maybe your time might be better spent having another look at a Year 8 English text book.
From my dealings with ESL, they are a well run club with a lot of good blokes involved. Most of their committee are players.
Doubt you'd ever stick your hand up to sit on the committee at your club Cosmo.

Far from a superstar Fosters but thanks anyway. As for my English never my strong point but I get through the day (just).

I have had very limited dealings with St Leos but the few times I have had they seem to be like most other clubs, well run, good blokes and cold beer. Just think the amount they pay their coach is a bit much that's all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back