Division 3 - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

They have a very hard working committee who are trying everything

I don't doubt it and my hats off to the committee but they are in an area with a lot of clubs and most pay players. I hate to see any club go as we loose a bit of history. I think if i am correct they have merged at lest 3 times all ready so how much of a club identity can be left to hang your hat on .

I don't doubt it and my hats off to the committee but they are in an area with a lot of clubs and most pay players. I hate to see any club go as we loose a bit of history. I think if i am correct they have merged at lest 3 times all ready so how much of a club identity can be left to hang your hat on .

Good on the GE Saints for battling on. I know how hard they have worked to get 19s and juniors up and running but just too many established clubs, both senior and junior, in the area. Have lost count of the number of clubs that went into forming the GE Saints but I do remember that despite being a very small school CBC Old Boys were a formidable club back in the day.

Must have also been a hard call for the Gryphons but likewise that area is flooded with stronger clubs and Monash students can wonder down to the road to the Blues who have unders who play in ‘B’ grade. Hope it works out for both clubs.

With Monash Gryphons pulling out of D2 there will need to be a bye in the fixture. Assume VAFA will leave the bye in D2 rather than shuffling the sections around....

Reading the VAFA release it indicated both sides will compete in season 2016, with merger in totality in 2017.

Do you know something further Gator?

Applaud both sides for taking proactive steps to ensure their survival and also minimise disruption going forward.

St Francis Xavier should take note on how to behave when things look like getting a bit tough. Battling through for a season or dining out on Club XVIII 2 sides for an "amazing flag and season" for the club.

Pls

Reading the VAFA release it indicated both sides will compete in season 2016, with merger in totality in 2017.

Do you know something further Gator?

Applaud both sides for taking proactive steps to ensure their survival and also minimise disruption going forward.

St Francis Xavier should take note on how to behave when things look like getting a bit tough. Battling through for a season or dining out on Club XVIII 2 sides for an "amazing flag and season" for the club.

Pls

Have a look at the press release on the Glen Eira Web page for more information.

End of an era for the Gryphons it would appear.

CBC St Kilda merged with Murrumeena Sth Caulfied to become St Kilda - St Caulfield

Balaclava them merged with Glenhuntly Uniting to form Glenhuntly.

Glenhuntly and St Kilda South Caulfield to form GlenEira.

Now Balclava, CBC St Kilda, Murrumbeena St Caufield, St Kilda South Caulfield, Glenhuntly Uniting, Balaclava, Glenhuntly, Glen Eira and Monash Gryphons will field a team.

Should be a massive past players day!!!

I would be interested to see if there is a merge of the playing groups. How many Gryphons players will be cleared to Glen Eira. Not sure why the merged team would be playing in the lower division of the 2 teams.

I would be interested to see if there is a merge of the playing groups. How many Gryphons players will be cleared to Glen Eira. Not sure why the merged team would be playing in the lower division of the 2 teams.

All sounds a bit dodgy. Letter stating they will merge next year,yet appears to be happening this year, allowing them to play in a lower grade??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank goodness the Monder near folly of bygone years didn't eventuate.:eek:
Did ormond look at merging with glen eira? Remember vaguely hearing something about that a while back, mainly a premise to get hold of packer for junior overload games at the gunn...

Did ormond look at merging with glen eira? Remember vaguely hearing something about that a while back, mainly a premise to get hold of packer for junior overload games at the gunn...
1 Person at Ormond brought it up and was knocked down very quick. The juniors are fine and have 2 grounds , so that's not on. I hope that clears it up.

Hey lads. A bit off topic at the moment but ill post anyway, cos if i dont i never will.

I live in bundoora, la trobe football club would be the closest to my house.

Im overweight by 23 kilos. Im keen for a kick. I love the game, i wanna get fit lose weight. I have the skills required but the fitness base is literally nothing. Its embarrassing.

Anyway, my question is. What is the club like? Is it a difficult competition to play in with a putrid fitness base like mine will i find it very difficult to play?

I can get away with it in division three in the northern league. Im keen to work hard and listen. Only 25 so age isn't a massive issue. Thanks guys.

Hey Freddie. Check out Bulleen Temp mate. Would worry at all about carrying a few extra kegs. Senior cockroach at club is awesome at customising training plans and we have a new personal trainer dude who is helping all the boys. Only 20 mins from Bundoora and a good club with a plan in place to have a decent crack over the next few years. Message me if you want more info.

Hey lads. A bit off topic at the moment but ill post anyway, cos if i dont i never will.

Im overweight by 23 kilos. Im keen for a kick. I love the game, i wanna get fit lose weight. I have the skills required but the fitness base is literally nothing. Its embarrassing.

Anyway, my question is. What is the club like? Is it a difficult competition to play in with a putrid fitness base like mine will i find it very difficult to play?

I can get away with it in division three in the northern league. Im keen to work hard and listen. Only 25 so age isn't a massive issue. Thanks guys.

Hi Freddy, More than welcome to come down to Parkside for a run. Training Monday & Wednesday this week then Tuesdays & Thursdays from the 16th of Feb,

Feel free to give me a call

PARKSIDE FOOTBALL CLUB - VAFA DIVISION 3

SEEKING NEW PLAYERS FOR SENIORS, RESERVES & COLTS
for the 2016 Season

Pre-season training starts on
Monday the 1st of February

Time: 6:00pm

Freddy Latrobe uni is the team for you if your fitness is as bad as you say they have a clubbies side to start off with and improve your fitness and then move up they have one of the best grounds in the VAFA senior team coached by ex Essendon champ Alan Ezard they are very welcoming side and have great social functions plus the vertical strips on the jumper make you look fitter

Back to the Glen Eira/Monash merger.

VAFA are telling us that no more than 5 good Monash players will be joining Glen Eira with the remaining Monash list to be participating in the clubbies. At this stage, the VAFA have placed no restrictions on the number of Monash players being cleared to Glen Eira.

Sounds very suspect. Merging a D2 and D3 side and letting them stay in D3.

How many points for these "good players"

Might play havoc with their salary cap loading.

Back to the Glen Eira/Monash merger.

VAFA are telling us that no more than 5 good Monash players will be joining Glen Eira with the remaining Monash list to be participating in the clubbies. At this stage, the VAFA have placed no restrictions on the number of Monash players being cleared to Glen Eira.

Sounds very suspect. Merging a D2 and D3 side and letting them stay in D3.

Confirmed bye in D2 section because of Monash departure. Wouldn't worry too much about combined side in D3 as both clubs have not been strong on field over last few years. It's not a "merger" it's a "strategic partnership".

Gee if Monash were to "strategically" place their best 6-8 players to Glen Eira, I'd imagine they would certainly be competitive. From memory Glen Eira were knocking on door of finals until reasonably late last year.

At the lower levels an influx of 5-6 players of talent can move you from bottom half to top half very easily.

Seems a bit smelly to me, again Vafa seem to over cater for those in need, at the possible expense of those doing the hard yards. I'd be filthy if I were for example Hawthorn or Aquinas who have been working hard building a base, and then being whacked by a side that could have just as easily been in D2. If really a D3 side will be there in 2017 anyway, that's the joy of promotion and demotion. Find your level, but in this case the fair thing would be to start higher.

Time will tell. And would assume after the St Francis debacle last year, Monash will be in Clubbies 1, rather than being rewarded with beating up on Clubbies 2 and having a great season for the club.

Ross Out!

Gee if Monash were to "strategically" place their best 6-8 players to Glen Eira, I'd imagine they would certainly be competitive. From memory Glen Eira were knocking on door of finals until reasonably late last year.

At the lower levels an influx of 5-6 players of talent can move you from bottom half to top half very easily.

Seems a bit smelly to me, again Vafa seem to over cater for those in need, at the possible expense of those doing the hard yards. I'd be filthy if I were for example Hawthorn or Aquinas who have been working hard building a base, and then being whacked by a side that could have just as easily been in D2. If really a D3 side will be there in 2017 anyway, that's the joy of promotion and demotion. Find your level, but in this case the fair thing would be to start higher.

Time will tell. And would assume after the St Francis debacle last year, Monash will be in Clubbies 1, rather than being rewarded with beating up on Clubbies 2 and having a great season for the club.

Ross Out!

Some good points. Since club wouldn't do hard yards in D2 this year let them at minimum play clubbies 1 and also impose some caps on Monash players wearing the Glen Eira jumper each game. Might be tough on Monash but they have chosen to forfeit season rather than try top up their list.

Ladder prediction, based off very little but certainly influenced by the above discussion.
As per usual, very hard to gauge those coming up and down. D4 promotions have been very strong last few years

Hawthorn
Glen Eira
Aquinas
Canterbury
UHS VU
Swinbourne
-------
Elstenwick
Parkside
Albert Park
Powerhouse
South Melb