Division 3 - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA Chief Executive Officer, Michael Sholly, said

“We understand the difficulties Clubs face when they are operating with only two senior teams without a school or junior pathway.”

That's why we as an organization will be implementing a points system that is so far beneficial for sides with a Junior Systen that it should ensure that any side without Juniors will be destined to stay in the lower divisions. We think this will maintain the integrity of the Vafa as a wonderful environment for Private school and University clubs.

“We understand the difficulties Clubs face when they are operating with only two senior teams without a school or junior pathway.”

That's why we as an organization will be implementing a points system that is so far beneficial for sides with a Junior Systen that it should ensure that any side without Juniors will be destined to stay in the lower divisions. We think this will maintain the integrity of the Vafa as a wonderful environment for Private school and University clubs.
Where is that written?
Geez, why not just kick all the non old boys and university clubs out by the sounds of it

The bracketed quote from the VAFA website, the below a crack at the new points system, which was should not be allocated to Sholly.

Where is that written?
Geez, why not just kick all the non old boys and university clubs out by the sounds of it
This is why district clubs should enter their local comps... But I do see the upside of the vafa not having to pay players if a club isn't in a financial position to compete in the edfl wrfl efl then it makes sense

But the blatant disregard for the lower divisions is a bit of a disgrace

I would be interested to see if there is a merge of the playing groups. How many Gryphons players will be cleared to Glen Eira. Not sure why the merged team would be playing in the lower division of the 2 teams.
Cheltenham football club are the winners here. Never like to see SFL get one over the VAFA so good to see the Monash clearances being rejected even if it's only temporary.

Currently there are 8 players who have applied for a clearance from Monash. They're all headed to Cheltenham.
Only reason Monash can deny the clearances is if the players owe money or have club equipment. Would be interesting to see why they have been denied.

I tried finding this statement on the VAFA site but was unable to find it . if this is true then Sholly should resign as this is as F ,en disgrace and shows the disregard the vafa admin has for any side out side the premier divisions and non old boy and uni sides. What would happen if the lower clubs from D1 to D4 got together and formed their own competition run an a fairer basis and no favouritism towards and one side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladder prediction, based off very little but certainly influenced by the above discussion.
As per usual, very hard to gauge those coming up and down. D4 promotions have been very strong last few years

Hawthorn
Glen Eira
Aquinas
Canterbury
UHS VU
Swinbourne
-------
Elstenwick
Parkside
Albert Park
Powerhouse
South Melb
La Trobe

Sad to see south down so low if that prediction is accurate. Had some great tussles with them over the years and it would be great if they hit D 4!

canterbury losing 10-15 players from last year due to retirements and player wanting to play snr football
stright back down in season 2016 i would say

I tried finding this statement on the VAFA site but was unable to find it . if this is true then Sholly should resign as this is as F ,en disgrace and shows the disregard the vafa admin has for any side out side the premier divisions and non old boy and uni sides. What would happen if the lower clubs from D1 to D4 got together and formed their own competition run an a fairer basis and no favouritism towards and one side.
The bracketed quote I pasted was from the VAFA website.

The below a crack at the new points system, which should not be allocated to Sholly. More some poorly attempted cynicism on my behalf.

But doesn't alter the fact that I believe their is a strong disconnect between head office and what's going on below Premier C.

The bracketed quote I pasted was from the VAFA website.

The below a crack at the new points system, which should not be allocated to Sholly. More some poorly attempted cynicism on my behalf.

But doesn't alter the fact that I believe their is a strong disconnect between head office and what's going on below Premier C.

Yes. Have to agree . It can feel very lonely in the lower grades .

What a load of bollocks we are implementing a points system this was brought in by AFL VIC and all the leagues had to sign on you w***er sholly

Just doesn't seem to add up in an Anateur Competition. To me implies that headquarters admitting that is not Amateur and rather than beef up application of Amateur, will sort an easy fix. And the generosity of how players are treated, given values etc, basically plays lip service to the whole process.

Sad to see south down so low if that prediction is accurate. Had some great tussles with them over the years and it would be great if they hit D 4!

Aren't they going to Clubbies - I doubt too many tears for them. Called the Karma train.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back