Albert Park
Powerhouse
La Trobe
Canterbury
Parkside

What are people's tips for top 6?

here is the predicted ladder I did in the other thread a couple of weeks ago

---

Ladder prediction, based off very little but certainly influenced by the above discussion.
As per usual, very hard to gauge those coming up and down. D4 promotions have been very strong last few years
Hawthorn
Glen Eira
Aquinas
Canterbury
UHS VU
Swinbourne
-------
Elstenwick
Parkside
Albert Park
Powerhouse
South Melb
La Trobe

Hawthorn
Acquinas
Blanket over the rest. LaTrobe to be big improves for mine, competitive against top sides last year but then lost games they should have won and were totally ripped off by last years fixture.

Hawthorn
Aquinas
Glen Eira
Albert Park
UHSVU
Swinburne

Canterbury
Elsternwick
Powerhouse
Parkside
La Trobe
South Melbourne

Anyone who has an idea - Are the promoted teams expected to be as strong as WB/Hawthorn were last year? Certainly didn't expect them to have as good a season as they did.

Latrobe gave us (Manningham) a spanking in both the 2s and 1s, they were very impressive. Had great numbers as well, think about 8 guys on the bench in both games.
Interesting so many people are tipping them to finish at the bottom again. They were competitive last year with a rotten draw. They are a sleeping giant in the VAFA. They do have significant competiiton for players from the NFL, which hurts them, however with a bit of recruiting, momentum and a grade jump or two, the sheer number of potential players should make them a strong club. Maybe this year with Alan Ezard coaching them again , might be a starting point

Interesting so many people are tipping them to finish at the bottom again. They were competitive last year with a rotten draw. They are a sleeping giant in the VAFA. They do have significant competiiton for players from the NFL, which hurts them, however with a bit of recruiting, momentum and a grade jump or two, the sheer number of potential players should make them a strong club. Maybe this year with Alan Ezard coaching them again , might be a starting point

what was wrong with their draw?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn
Aquinas
Glen Eira
Albert Park
UHSVU
Swinburne

Canterbury
Elsternwick
Powerhouse
Parkside
La Trobe
South Melbourne

Anyone who has an idea - Are the promoted teams expected to be as strong as WB/Hawthorn were last year? Certainly didn't expect them to have as good a season as they did.

Glen Eira will be interesting case study- rookie coach, likely to have the best of Monash Gryphons core group, will they settle and be cohesive?
Hawthorn were the best performed finals side outside the two promoted teams, Aquinas after good 2014, bombed out in straight sets.
Canterbury & Parkside are geniune unknowns as are South Melb and Elsternwick.

I guess round 1 will reveal a bit more.

Can anyone confirm that it was Albert Park I saw training at PowerHouses ground last night? If so, why? Grand Prix?

Massive numbers, looked like 50-60.

Can anyone confirm that it was Albert Park I saw training at PowerHouses ground last night? If so, why? Grand Prix?

Massive numbers, looked like 50-60.
You're probably right. We play Albert Park at Powerhouse's ground in round 2

Elsternwick v South Melbourne
Glen Eira v Albert Park
Parkside
v Canterbury
Hawthorn v La Trobe
Powerhouse v Aquinas
Swinburne
v UHS-VU

Top 6 Prediction

Hawthorn
Glen Eira
Albert Park
Aquinas
Elsternwick
UHS-VU

Wooden Spoon - Powerhouse

Has anyone else checked the clearances page and noticed that 15 of last years best Monash players have been cleared to Glen Eira? They should be unstoppable considering that they now have the best players from a Div 2 side, being topped up with all the best players from a Div 3 side. It just seems dishonest to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back