D3 Division 3 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three clubs facing the chop from VAFA Division 3 with Parkside, Elsternwick and Aquinas under pressure

This is a disgrace, why on earth does the comp change the rules during the year. Amateurs sure progressing well with this decision.

No change of rules and surely you saw this coming. Don't like it? Don't finish bottom three.

Good luck for the remaining 6 weeks.

Spot on.
I would like to hear from the teams in the gun here, were they consulted?

Better to confirm this now than after the season is completed. Would you rather have byes or 1 additional team relegated from a division with 12 teams?

Spot on.
I would like to hear from the teams in the gun here, were they consulted?
In the case of a 12 team comp the 'fail-rate' is not too outrageous. An increase from dropping the bottom 20% performing teams (in a 10 team, 2 relegated comp) to dropping the bottom 25% (in a 12 team , 3 relegated comp). Makes for a strong D4 in 2017.

Quick way to take the wind out of bottom 3 teams sails.

2 games and 20% behind the next worst. Tough from there.

Surely this season has to be seen as a disaster for D3 whether the VAFA big kahunas admit it or not.

Monash being in D3 and now this change mid year.

I wonder if they'll look back and say 'gee Monash should've brought Glen Eira up to D2 and we could've announced the relegation change at the end of year to be effective 2017'. Seems pretty simple in hindsight.

Better to confirm this now than after the season is completed. Would you rather have byes or 1 additional team relegated from a division with 12 teams?

The end result is the right call but made at the wrong time.
I would be filthy if my team was in the gun.
Every team has the right to go into the season understanding the state of play. To change mid season is absolute crap, and they would even contemplate doing it in the higher sections.
Imagine telling Kew, who has won 3 flags in a row, that you could get relegated by finishing 8th as they want 12 teams in D1 next year.

Surely this season has to be seen as a disaster for D3 whether the VAFA big kahunas admit it or not.

Monash being in D3 and now this change mid year.

I wonder if they'll look back and say 'gee Monash should've brought Glen Eira up to D2 and we could've announced the relegation change at the end of year to be effective 2017'. Seems pretty simple in hindsight.

Grow up. The club is Glen Eira Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the opinion of this forum... Does anyone outside of GE, Hawthorn and Latrobe have a chance of making it to the big dance?

In the opinion of this forum... Does anyone outside of GE, Hawthorn and Latrobe have a chance of making it to the big dance?

Zero chance. No way a side like Uni or Sth M will beat two of the teams you have named in consecutive weeks to make a GF. It's a 3 horse race and my money is on GE by 6-8 goals.

None, new final 6 format makes likelihood of strange 2nd week finals obsolete. 2 of the 3 already in Prelim. 1v2 at end of home and away can't meet until GF, which was not the case last year.

Zero chance. No way a side like Uni or Sth M will beat two of the teams you have named in consecutive weeks to make a GF. It's a 3 horse race and my money is on GE by 6-8 goals.

If the ladder stays as is then both the teams you mentioned would only have to beat ONE of glen era/hawthorn/la trobe to make a GF. Difficult but stranger things have happened.

Tips for round 13
House to beat Albert Park
Glen Eira Monash to beat Canterbury
Hawthorn to beat Elsternwick
La Trobe to beat Parkside
Souths to beat Aquinas
Swinny to upset Uni High

How are clubs going with injuries and unavailabilities after the bye? Looking like there is some pretty crucial games coming up that will shape the 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back