D3 Division 3 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll tip Powerhouse to get the job done over Banterbury's mob.

Reserves tips
Aquinas
Glen Gryphons
Albert Park
Powerhouse
Hawks
La Trobe

Anyone going to watch the night match?

Might be an idea for the P####dent of Hawthorn to show some level of respect to Glen Eira Saints seeing we play in 2 weeks? Our name is what it is!

Gotta feel for the Gryphons players if they've lost their identity completely then. Sounds like a great merge...

The clearance list suggests that the Gryphons players have voted with their feet as the majority of their players have moved across (or still representing in the clubbies).

Still can't believe GE posters still bite every time someone makes reference to the Gryphons in their team name... At least we as posters can acknowledge the Saints co-contributors.

Back to the Cobbies... Fosters, I'm sad to say you tipped correctly on our match. Powerhouse were too strong on the day and if results go as expected, have ended our finals tilt :(.

Parkside seem to be really struggling to field two sides at the moment. Having one on the bench for a Senior game with multiple two's playing up isn't really up to scratch. Does anyone know what the back story is there at the moment?

Might be an idea for the P####dent of Hawthorn to show some level of respect to Glen Eira Saints seeing we play in 2 weeks? Our name is what it is!
Jeepers you're precious. I'll buy you a beer after the game, no matter who wins. You know who I am so come tap me on the shoulder. Hopefully you've got cold Fosters tinnies, they're my favorite.

Tips for Round 17
Falcons in a close one over Wickers
Hawks to beat Aquinas
La Trobe over Sth Melb
House over Parkside
Uni High over Banterbury (sorry mate)
The mighty GLEN EIRA SAINTS to go marching in over Swinny. Wipe your tears away Zeroseven

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well now that the Cobbies are out of the finals contention, I might just make my way down to Packer Park this weekend so I can form my flag favourite opinion.

Hopefully the reception from Strobbler and Zero isn't too frosty...

Well now that the Cobbies are out of the finals contention, I might just make my way down to Packer Park this weekend so I can form my flag favourite opinion.

Hopefully the reception from Strobbler and Zero isn't too frosty...

No frost from the strobler.
Canterbury members always welcome. We enjoyed your hospitality. Swinburne last Saturday was OK but couldn't get a seat in the small social room and no red wine. Had to settle for a can of bourbon and coke for $9. See you Saturday. I time keep the reserves

Tips for the final round
UHS to keep the run of form by 40 points
La Trobe by 66
Canterbury by 90
Hawks by 1
Powerhouse by 17
Souths by 5

Canterbury members always welcome. We enjoyed your hospitality. Swinburne last Saturday was OK but couldn't get a seat in the small social room and no red wine. Had to settle for a can of bourbon and coke for $9. See you Saturday. I time keep the reserves
Canterbury members always welcome. We enjoyed your hospitality. Swinburne last Saturday was OK but couldn't get a seat in the small social room and no red wine. Had to settle for a can of bourbon and coke for $9. See you Saturday. I time keep the reserved
No appearance Saturday Banterbury. Had a frosty VB waiting.

No, I decided to stick to the Snakepit on Saturday and watch the boys finish the year with a win. No doubt a few sore heads around Canterbury this morning :).

Interesting result at Packer Park there Strobbler, makes for an interesting finals series.

Not surprised to see Hawks get over the line, have thought they were the strongest outfit through the year.

Powerhouse UHS looks like a good game, with PH on a good run. Ill go UHS in a close one.
La Trobe to easily account for South Melb.

Does anyone know which of GE and Hawks this weeks two winners would play?

Not surprised to see Hawks get over the line, have thought they were the strongest outfit through the year.

Powerhouse UHS looks like a good game, with PH on a good run. Ill go UHS in a close one.
La Trobe to easily account for South Melb.

Does anyone know which of GE and Hawks this weeks two winners would play?

im pretty sure, considering the Hawks win, they place the highest placed loser
and GE play the other team
Or if Hawks lose, they would play GE, assuming GE win as Hawks would be the highest place loser
and then the other 2 winners would play off
its a flawed system IMO, as if one of the top 2 teams lose in the first week, we get a 1 vs 2 prelim, almost a grand final before the actual grand final

I think that was last years system that got shown up for the farce it was when top three all lost in D4.

My understanding is that 1&2 go straight to the Prelim and have a week off. 3v6 and 4v5. Hawks will play the lowest ranked winner and Gryphons the highest. Works better in that top two teams only need one win for promotion, as opposed to last year when needed to play two games to make GF.

Hawks by how many surely.

I think that was last years system that got shown up for the farce it was when top three all lost in D4.

My understanding is that 1&2 go straight to the Prelim and have a week off. 3v6 and 4v5. Hawks will play the lowest ranked winner and Gryphons the highest. Works better in that top two teams only need one win for promotion, as opposed to last year when needed to play two games to make GF.

Hawks by how many surely.

Thank god it finally got changed, my bad for not researching
It has failed every year
in 2013 hawks played Eley Park in prelim which was 1st vs 2nd in D4
2014 Preston play Emmaus in Prelim in D3 which was also 1 vs 2
and then the D4 debacle of last season
At least it's been changed, you would think the Hawks have it this season
But they have choked in the occasional big game before, i wonder how both Hawthorn and GE would fare in D2

It's an interesting question, and I'd add how do you think Westbourne would have gone in D3 this year. A fair bit better than Parkside I'd imagine.

Is often the case, of the two teams promoted each year one goes ok, one battles. If both GE and Hawthorn promoted which would have the list most likely to kick on? Or will one get gutted by retirements with blokes finally getting a flag and calling it a day. Pressure must building on the Hawks as have been favorites in 3 of past 4 years or close to, and nothing to show.

I'd sugges GE most likely to stumble as if form suggests they will play La Trobe, the only other genuine contender on paper. Hawks appear to have the easier side of draw. Rnd 18 result important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back