Parkside
Hawthorn
Canterbury
WestBourne
ESL
Richmond
Albert Park
North Brunswick

Parkside will be the team to beat with some gun recruits this season and plenty of depth with strong juniors coming through. Hawthorn the main challenger with Canterbury and WestBourne also a chance.

Is that Parkside inside knowledge? Juniors coming through is key, if Parkside have that and they're up the ranks they will be very good this year.

Any word on Richmond Centrals? They tend to have a lot of depth, I wonder if they have recruited well ahead of the season?!!

Based on what I've heard heard and read I'll have a go as well....

Emmaus St Leos
Canterbury
Parkside
Hawthorn
Richmond
North Brunswick
Westbourne*
Albert Park

*Westbourne being the team I am least confident about in my prediction, I wouldnt be surprised if they're flying under the radar and will be a force in D3.. They're not the type of club to languish

Friend from NB says they've had good numbers this pre season, not sure what sort of side Manningham fielded. Any other practice match results?

Anyone want to have a crack at a ladder?

Emmaus
Hawthorn
Canterbury
North Brunswick

Richmond
Westbourne
Parkside
Albert Park

A friend who used to play at Manningham said they had quite a few blokes out and were short on players so I wouldnt read into it that much. NB were competitive but below Manningham in standards I do believe..

Yes we did have a few out, also a few blokes had to double up and no bench !
My opponent from NB told me that they also had 5/6 of their best not playing so from what I saw they will do OK.

Just seen Hawthorn AFC are advertising for a Senior Coach, on the Book.
Correct. I spoke to Sam their President at the vafa season launch. He said they sacked the senior coach for not wanting to let the women train on a Tuesday or Thursday night plus had been so rude to some people on the committee that they felt damage was irreparable

Friend from NB says they've had good numbers this pre season, not sure what sort of side Manningham fielded. Any other practice match results?

Anyone want to have a crack at a ladder?

Emmaus
Hawthorn
Canterbury
North Brunswick

Richmond
Westbourne
Parkside
Albert Park
Richmond a central’s beaten quite easily by lalor a few weeks ago. Not sure the difference in standard between div 3 VAFA & D3 NFL

Correct. I spoke to Sam their President at the vafa season launch. He said they sacked the senior coach for not wanting to let the women train on a Tuesday or Thursday night plus had been so rude to some people on the committee that they felt damage was irreparable

To sack him a week before round 1 would suggest it must have been pretty dire - did he coach there last season??. Hawthorn Have a fair share of new players judging by clearances, but with a coach out the door they strike me as a bit of unknown this season. I had them ranked pretty high in my ladder, perhaps now in the 4th or 5th bracket for me now but who knows!
Seems to be a lot of unknowns in all division in most leagues this season!

Last edited:
Tips for round 1::
Emmaus to defeat Westbourne
Canterbury too strong for Richmond
Parkside to take care of AP
NB over Hawthorn by a point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win by Parkside although should’ve been by a much greater margin with conditions pretty ordinary with the wind down at Albert Park and our bad kicking for goal. Reserves won by over 10 goals and 19’s by 100 so with great depth it looks like we will be the team to beat! Can already put a line through Albert Park will be a real long year for them going by what I seen.
Be careful counting chickens

View attachment 1099184

If there was any kind of justice in this world, Gia77 would get at least two bonus points. But there isn't, so stiff bickies.

WithThePeanuts generously giving everyone a head start. :thumbsu:
Hate to point this out but I picked 3 - and technically my margin for NB was also correct 😁

Great stuff Gia. Was a ripping game of local footy from all reports

Hate to point this out but I picked 3 - and technically my margin for NB was also correct 😁

Great stuff Gia. Was a ripping game of local footy from all reports

Anyone else a little surprised by the Canterbury / Richmond result? Have Richmond recruited well this year and perhaps caught up to last years finalists (Canterbury and Emmaus)..

Anyone else a little surprised by the Canterbury / Richmond result? Have Richmond recruited well this year and perhaps caught up to last years finalists (Canterbury and Emmaus)..

Surprised yes, shocked no. Been a long break for clubs, lists could have changed significantly. Good for the division to see a couple of upsets

S Pimm from Canterbury looks like the early leader for recruit of the season in D3. Great start in round 1 and has a great record in the eastern league - will be toug to stop this season by all reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back