D3 Division 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what your saying is you have 27 blokes from the weekend not playing footy when the others come back.I actually thought it was a deserved win by Hawthorn they had longer periods of control.But the Warriors are more competitive than the first rounds not the team we have had the last few years but they are having a crack which is pleasing.

The Citz's had 12 "helpers" in the twos last week. Major turn around from 10 missing out on a game the week before, so with a full list maybe 20 odd players would miss out on playing. Nine changes again in the 1s this week with about 12 out of the best 22 out. Its going to be a hard for them to get the points on Saturday.

The Citz's had 12 "helpers" in the twos last week. Major turn around from 10 missing out on a game the week before, so with a full list maybe 20 odd players would miss out on playing. Nine changes again in the 1s this week with about 12 out of the best 22 out. Its going to be a hard for them to get the points on Saturday.

Why's Hawthorn missing so many players on a weekly basis? Injury or general unavailability?

I'd imagine most clubs are going through something similar, perhaps a slightly lesser extent but its a common theme amongst vafa clubs particularly in the lower divisions

Why's Hawthorn missing so many players on a weekly basis? Injury or general unavailability?

I'd imagine most clubs are going through something similar, perhaps a slightly lesser extent but its a common theme amongst vafa clubs particularly in the lower divisions
So Jacko's making a comeback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St.Johns and Eley Park in D4 have both forfeited reserve games in the past 3 weeks. Teams are feeling the pinch and I think you'll see more clubs disappearing in the next year or 2.

St.Johns and Eley Park in D4 have both forfeited reserve games in the past 3 weeks. Teams are feeling the pinch and I think you'll see more clubs disappearing in the next year or 2.

Tend to agree. I think it's only a matter of time until the vafa combines D3 and D4 with the loss of some clubs inevitable. D4 reserves comp is a big concern, some huge margins and a number of forfeits this year.

Ventured to Allard Park to see NB vs Parkside. Parkside played a ripping 1/4 - with Mackie marking absolutely everything and kicking them from everywhere. NB goalless at 1/4 time but from then on it was a very even contest. Told Bulls still missing 3 of there best half dozen, not sure how close to full strength Parkside were, but they moved the ball well, have some genuine match winners and will be the team to beat.

Good to hear the rivalry still strong for Westbourne and Canterbury.
Looks like both are in a similar position. Westbourne had a few out but Id imagine looking at the videos on the canterbury socials that they do aswell. Senior team looked a touch out of shape but got the win regardless and play their home ground well.

Did I hear the playing coach at Cobraland got sent off and reported. Surely ya not doing that at 50.

Tend to agree. I think it's only a matter of time until the vafa combines D3 and D4 with the loss of some clubs inevitable. D4 reserves comp is a big concern, some huge margins and a number of forfeits this year.

Ventured to Allard Park to see NB vs Parkside. Parkside played a ripping 1/4 - with Mackie marking absolutely everything and kicking them from everywhere. NB goalless at 1/4 time but from then on it was a very even contest. Told Bulls still missing 3 of there best half dozen, not sure how close to full strength Parkside were, but they moved the ball well, have some genuine match winners and will be the team to beat.

I dare say most clubs would argue they're missing 3 or 4 of the best players this time of the year with injuries/unavailability etc
What' happening with Richmond Centrals? That's 3 losses on the trot now

I dare say most clubs would argue they're missing 3 or 4 of the best players this time of the year with injuries/unavailability etc
What' happening with Richmond Centrals? That's 3 losses on the trot now

Yeah no doubt. I know NB do rely on their top few maybe more than most sides. Don't have the depth of Parkside or Emmaus.

Wouldn't be too worried about Richmond, 2 close losses v Parkside and a better looking Hawthorn side. Expect them to bounce back this weekend

Players Used this year:
Hawthorn 40 senior/52 Reserves
Parkside 32/43
North Brunswick 35/46
Albert Park 42/61
Emmaus 30/43
Westbourne 40/54
Canterbury 33/47
Richmond 30/41

The reason I post this is due to an earlier post regarding D4 teams forfeiting the reserves. Albert Park's ability to rustle up 61 players to play in the 2s shows what can be accomplished when you have a strong off field club. I don't subscribe to the "football is dying" narrative. Clubs will survive if the off field set-up allows it to. You don't have to be aligned to a strong school or junior club to survive - getting to Premier A, yes - Divvy 3 or 4, no.

Players Used this year:
Hawthorn 40 senior/52 Reserves
Parkside 32/43
North Brunswick 35/46
Albert Park 42/61
Emmaus 30/43
Westbourne 40/54
Canterbury 33/47
Richmond 30/41

The reason I post this is due to an earlier post regarding D4 teams forfeiting the reserves. Albert Park's ability to rustle up 61 players to play in the 2s shows what can be accomplished when you have a strong off field club. I don't subscribe to the "football is dying" narrative. Clubs will survive if the off field set-up allows it to. You don't have to be aligned to a strong school or junior club to survive - getting to Premier A, yes - Divvy 3 or 4, no.

How's the new coach going? Good man Muzza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back