D3 Division 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An old friend of mine who is loosely associated with NB mentioned they have lost a few players to work comitments and wanting a year or two off playing...... Finished bottom of D3 last season but stayed up due of lack of teams. They could struggle again this season

Does anyone else think it's silly to have two divisions (D3 & D4) with 8 teams in each? Some teams will play each other 3 times, seems a bit mickey mouse if you ask me.

Why not combine the divisions, 16 teams, each team plays each other once then a longer finals format to have the division finish at the same time as other, or perhaps a week earlier etc?

Makes more sense in my opinion but would like to hear your thoughts? (Have posted in D4 forum also)

Does anyone else think it's silly to have two divisions (D3 & D4) with 8 teams in each? Some teams will play each other 3 times, seems a bit mickey mouse if you ask me.

Why not combine the divisions, 16 teams, each team plays each other once then a longer finals format to have the division finish at the same time as other, or perhaps a week earlier etc?

Makes more sense in my opinion but would like to hear your thoughts? (Have posted in D4 forum also)
Make it a 14 game season, each team playing each other twice. Would facilitiate the season finishing a little earlier, spreading the load on finals grounds.

Obviously slightly lower affiliation fees.

Max "Cricket is nearly over" Leader

Make it a 14 game season, each team playing each other twice. Would facilitiate the season finishing a little earlier, spreading the load on finals grounds.

Obviously slightly lower affiliation fees.

Max "Cricket is nearly over" Leader

Agree with this. Place the additional bye rounds in the peak holiday period. (Middle of winter)

With the season a little over a month away, interested to see how clubs are faring with numbers?

Any early tips on who'll be playing finals?
Westbourne, Emmaus & Hawthorn will be right up there

Westbourne seem to have an awful lot of clearances? Understand there were some offfield issues leading into last season, but why the exodus now?

Im guessing players have been training with other clubs for a while, and said club is organizing their transfers now in the lead up to round 1? This of course based on if there has been a mass exodus, seems like a bold claim. Wonder if anyone from Westbourne can chime in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drove past Glenferrie oval the other day and the numbers at hawthorn weren't great. May of been the thirds?

Settle down, the ? at the end of the second sentence may have been a clue that he was asking if it was the thirds. Obviously has no idea so was posting to find out if anyone knew!

Congrats OTP. That is normally how a question is asked. Could of just said Yes or No

Can someone confirm or deny ?

Yes a post may have been deleted. I don’t know if there is much to confirm or deny, and I don’t know what day this sighting was, but I don’t believe that the thirds train separately to the main group.

Yes a post may have been deleted. I don’t know if there is much to confirm or deny, and I don’t know what day this sighting was, but I don’t believe that the thirds train separately to the main group.
A little investigating would suggest their thirds (Spartans) train on Wednesday nights, seniors and ressies train Tuesday and Thursday. Apparently getting over 40 blokes to all sessions but that’s from one of their committee members.

Westbourne seem to have an awful lot of clearances? Understand there were some offfield issues leading into last season, but why the exodus now?
No off field issues mate not sure where you got that.We played Bulleen in a praccy pre Covid and didnt play again.We lost a few at end 2019 and then some of the guys that cleared in returned to home clubs without playing COVID has changed a few outlooks. This year clearances out are just a group of mates playing elsewhere. Played Wst Brunny today and went down by about 4 goals so we are going ok any other results.

No heard of any results from friends at NB & Parkside, will show my face when I can and have a look once the season begins (!).. and possibly a can if allowed this year with new vafa rules(?!)

No heard of any results from friends at NB & Parkside, will show my face when I can and have a look once the season begins (!).. and possibly a can if allowed this year with new vafa rules(?!)

New Vafa rules??

North Brunswick played Manningham ? on the weekend with quite a good crowd watching considering it was just a practice game.
When I left in the 3rd Q North was winning just.

Friend from NB says they've had good numbers this pre season, not sure what sort of side Manningham fielded. Any other practice match results?

Anyone want to have a crack at a ladder?

Emmaus
Hawthorn
Canterbury
North Brunswick

Richmond
Westbourne
Parkside
Albert Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back