ElsternwickEmmaus St LeosEmmaus St Leos
Emmaus St Leos

Last edited:

Zacstars

Rookie
Feb 26, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Absolutely N52, very even top 4 with the bottom 4 being some distance off. Not sure if any teams will go up to D2 but I'd imagine, Emmaus and Richmond should have first claims - both been strong D3 clubs for a few seasons and have a lot of depth with clubbies.
Obviously Parkside and Hawthorn have fair claim too but that's just my view.
There definitely should be promotion/relegation. Bulleen & Power unable to compete in D2.

Geez Hawthorn had by far the hardest draw (didn't get to play the % boosters 4 times like Emmaus) and the best results, while having up to 32 players unavailable during the season. Emmaus lost 3 of their 4 games against top 4 sides. Hawthorn lost just 1 of 6 again top 4. Emmaus not really sounding like a good option eh? Parkside and Hawthorn clearly the best teams in the competition & deserve promotion, if it's offered.

There definitely should be promotion/relegation. Bulleen & Power unable to compete in D2.

Geez Hawthorn had by far the hardest draw (didn't get to play the % boosters 4 times like Emmaus) and the best results, while having up to 32 players unavailable during the season. Emmaus lost 3 of their 4 games against top 4 sides. Hawthorn lost just 1 of 6 again top 4. Emmaus not really sounding like a good option eh? Parkside and Hawthorn clearly the best teams in the competition & deserve promotion, if it's offered.
I wonder if Hawthorn would want to go up considering their horrible history in D2?

I would have thought every team in the top 4 has equal rights and would all want to go up and would be competitive in D2. It's going to be a very tough decision.

I would have thought every team in the top 4 has equal rights and would all want to go up and would be competitive in D2. It's going to be a very tough decision.
I agree with this. All of the top 4 sides in D3 were far better than the bottom and there wasnt a clear standout team so all 4 have the claim to go up.

I wonder if VAFA would consider merging D3 and D4?

Why not just bring Elsternwick and SMD up for a 10 team comp? Makes no sense to have both Div 3 and Div 4 so uneven. Limit the damage. Div 4 teams then all play each other 3 times with a slightly shorter season.

Why not just bring Elsternwick and SMD up for a 10 team comp? Makes no sense to have both Div 3 and Div 4 so uneven. Limit the damage. Div 4 teams then all play each other 3 times with a slightly shorter season.
I am guessing that AP would want to go down. Unsure about Westbourne, presumably Canterbury and NB want to stay in D3. I was under the impression Hawthorn requested to go up to D2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The VAFA once again shows any lack of interest in divisions below the premier grades. Extremely ordinary that it has taken this amount of time to sort teams and grades in D3/4
FT, have a look what they did to B & C. Not sure they are spending too much time on those grades as well.

So its a 9 team D3 and 7 team D4 correct? Surely 2nd last should have dropped to make it even..

So its a 9 team D3 and 7 team D4 correct? Surely 2nd last should have dropped to make it even..
Westbourne must have requested to stay up. Good on them I say. Tough year for them but managed to play some decent games, knocked off NB and took it right up to Canterbury. They will bounce back in 2022

View attachment 1273212

Was sent out last week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fantastic that Elsternwick and SM have decided on promotion. Kudos to them.
Makes me think why HQ didn't move another team up from C to B and so on to even out all the grades.

Now that the make up of Div3 is finalised, how's all the teams recruitment shaping up?
Canterbury seem to have recruited a million players by the look of their social media.
I believe the Citz's have strengthened their team by adding some top liners and holding on the majority of the list.
How's everyone else going?

Makes me think why HQ didn't move another team up from C to B and so on to even out all the grades.

Now that the make up of Div3 is finalised, how's all the teams recruitment shaping up?
Canterbury seem to have recruited a million players by the look of their social media.
I believe the Citz's have strengthened their team by adding some top liners and holding on the majority of the list.
They did. They moved Monash up but Monash complained saying they didn’t request to go up and wanted to stay in C.

Canterbury did the same thing this time last season and didnt have the greatest of years. They're in EFL heartland there or close to so can go one of two ways. I feel as if Canterbury will be the team to bounce back. I expect SMD and Wicks to be very strong in D3. Westbourne & NB will struggle, otherwise an even season ahead I believe.

LOL. How many logical decisions have been made by HQ relating to this stuff? Zero. On current form, they’ll go with option 2.
Still can’t understand how they allowed SMD to come up and create an uneven comp in D3 and D4. Ludicrous.
SMD and Elsternwick were clearly the best 2 teams in D4. They should have dropped AP and Westbourne and kept the traditional 2 up 2 down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back