Division 4 2018 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For anyone interested the Local Footy Show (Ch 31 @ 7.30) has a story on Fairpark tonight

With 5 divisions in 2019 extremely important to win the D4 flag this season with 8 of the 10 teams relegated at the end of 2018.Even D3 with 6 of the 12 teams relegated.

With 5 divisions in 2019 extremely important to win the D4 flag this season with 8 of the 10 teams relegated at the end of 2018.Even D3 with 6 of the 12 teams relegated.
Or maybe not gmac...whilst clubs want to play as high a level as possible, the chance for success is also tempting.

A flag is a flag, even if it is div 5.

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it was on this years results and we just say the bottom two in this seasons 1st Division play off for the last spot, so Rowville v Montrose with Rowville winning. Mulgrave v Mitcham to see who stays in Div 1, Mulgrave wins. No playoff for Second Division needed due to the game difference between Chirnside Park and The Basin.

Premier League
1 South Croydon
2 Vermont
3 Blackburn
4 Balwyn
5 Doncaster
6 Norwood
7 Noble Park
8 North Ringwood
9 East Ringwood
10 Rowville

First Division
1 Montrose
2 Bayswater
3 Knox
4 Doncaster East
5 Mooroolbark
6 Lilydale
7 Upper Ferntree Gully
8 Wantirna South
9 Croydon
10 Mulgrave

Second Division
1 Mitcham
2 Waverley Blues
3 Park Orchards
4 Heathmont
5 Ringwood
6 Templestowe
7 Scoresby
8 Boronia
9 Ferntree Gully
10 Chirnside Park

Third Division

1 The Basin
2 South Belgrave
3 Warrandyte
4 East Burwood
5 Donvale
6 Forest Hill
7 Whitehorse
8 Coldstream
9 Kilsyth
10 Glen Waverley

Fourth Division
1 Surrey Park
2 Fair Park
3 Silvan
4 Nunawading

Obviously if the league could not get at least two more sides then the lower two divisions would be made up of 8 each.

What are the chances of Mt Evelyn coming back, or Balwyn and Heidelberg trying again?
What about the Mountain Lions of the SFL, we played against them in the under 18's back in the day?

As some have suggested you could merge YVMDFL Div 1 into the EFL Div 2, Div 3 and Div 4 and leave the YVMDFL Div 2 to continue on it's own but under a EFL Yarra Valley Division.
Emerald, Monbulk and Gembrook-Cockatoo could benefit from a move.

Footy Fumbler at this stage I think it is Premier and D1 10 team competition,D2,D3 and D4 8 team grades for 2019.No announcement made yet on whether the premiers of D2,3 and 4 in 2018 will be promoted.But as you said if new teams come in perhaps the make up of D2,3 and 4 could change in 2019.

Footy Fumbler at this stage I think it is Premier and D1 10 team competition,D2,D3 and D4 8 team grades for 2019.No announcement made yet on whether the premiers of D2,3 and 4 in 2018 will be promoted.But as you said if new teams come in perhaps the make up of D2,3 and 4 could change in 2019.

I'd love to see the bottom two sides playoff to see who drops instead of just dropping the bottom side. I realise it is usually the bottom two.

also i'd go with Div3 8 clubs, div4 6 clubs.

Premier
10 clubs = 18 rounds with a total division bye during the season, hopefully before the return leg.
Finals
Top 5
GF all on the same day 18's Reserves and Seniors
All Clubs must have Seniors, Reserves and 18's

Div 1
10 clubs = 18 rounds, No Bye
Finals
Top 5
GF all on the Saturday the week before the Premier League

Div 2
10 clubs = 18 rounds no bye
Finals
Top 5
GF all on the same day the Sunday after Div 1

Div 3
8 clubs = 2 full rounds for 14 games + 3 extra games = 17 no bye
Finals
Top Four
GF all on the Saturday week before Div 1 GF
All clubs must have Seniors and Reserves

Div 4
6 clubs = 3 full rounds for 15 games and one bye weekend preferably before the third round.
Finals
Top 4
GF on the Saturday before Div3 GF
All Clubs must have Seniors and Reserves

Maybe also add
Div 5
All clubs only have one Senior side

Last edited:
Sad Footy Fumbler you have put so much work into your personal opinion on which direction the EFL should go with 5 divisions and 2 days later no one has responded.Lowey Cliff etc please note.Perhaps correct call closing the EFL forum down now,lol.

Last edited:
Sad Footy Fumbler you have put so much work into your personal opinion on which direction the EFL should go with 5 divisions and 2 days later no one has responded.Lowey Cliff etc please note.Perhaps correct call closing the EFL forum down now,lol.
GMac you great puddinhead. You know exactly why I haven't been on the forum.:(

As some have suggested you could merge YVMDFL Div 1 into the EFL Div 2, Div 3 and Div 4 and leave the YVMDFL Div 2 to continue on it's own but under a EFL Yarra Valley Division.
Emerald, Monbulk and Gembrook-Cockatoo could benefit from a move.

There’s quite a few murmurs that Kinglake, Alexandra, Thornton-Eildon and potentially Yea are all going to leave the YVMDFL and the league will e a single division which may or may not help get a Mt Ev or Belgrave into the EFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s quite a few murmurs that Kinglake, Alexandra, Thornton-Eildon and potentially Yea are all going to leave the YVMDFL and the league will e a single division which may or may not help get a Mt Ev or Belgrave into the EFL

Thornton and Alexandra should be in the same league as Bonnie Doon and the others that were in the Benalla League. That whole Goulburn, Ovens, King Valleys area is such a s**t set up.
Should be:

Maroondah Districts League
Alexandra
Avenel - from K&DL
Bonnie Doon
Longwood - from the K&DL
Mansfield - if they want to leave GVL
Tatong?? if they can get a team back up
Thornton-Eildon
Yea

Kinglake back to NFL Div 3
If Mansfield don't want to join then another club may restart or join later.

This is what they should have, going by ladder finishes this season.

Goulbourn Valley Premier League
Benalla
Echuca
Euroa
Kyabram
Mansfield - to newly formed MDFL
Mooroopna
Rochester
Seymour
Sheppaton Bears
Shepparton United
Tatura
10 teams, wooden spooner relegated.

Goulburn Valley A Grade not KDFL
Shepparton Swans
Violet Town
Nagambie
Stanhope
Tallygroopna
Lancaster
Murchison -Toolamba
Girgarre
Merrigum
Rushworth
10 teams, premier promoted, wooden spooner relegated.

Goulburn Valley B Grade not Picola SE
Ardmona
Undera
Longwood
Tungamah
Shepparton East
Waaia
Katunga
Katamatite
Dookie United
Katandra
10 teams, premier promoted.

Murray and Picola NW plus a few others to make up the next two.

Murray River Eastern Division
Picola United
Strathmerton
Blighty
Yarroweyah
Deniliquin Rovers
Echuca United
Deniliquin Rams
Moama
Nathalia
Tongala
10 teams, no relegation or promotion

Murray River Western Division
Rennie
Berrigan
Jerilderie
Tocumwal
Numurkah
Barooga
Mulwala
Cobram
Congupna
Rumbalara
10 teams, no relegation or promotion.

Some won't like this but ultimately it needs to go down a path similar to this.

Thornton and Alexandra should be in the same league as Bonnie Doon and the others that were in the Benalla League. That whole Goulburn, Ovens, King Valleys area is such a s**t set up.
Should be:

I find this a bit hard to see if this is a set up or April 1st seriously lets have a look at your proposal Maroondah District League.
Mansfield. This club currently in GVFL, GVFL is one of the strongest country leagues going Mansfield would be equal to any Div One AFL Yarra Ranges
Avenel. Travel distance from Mansfield given that Avenel sit on the southern end of KDFL they have 5 clubs within 20 minutes from Avenel.
Longwood. Next town north of Avenel exactly same position as Avenel
Tatong/Swanpool. Do have sympathy owing to VCFL restructure that terminated the BDFL. Club has reformed as a super rules club and appears t be travelling nicely.
Which leaves Yea. Alexandra. TEDFC and Kinglake. They are best suited in the AFL Yarra Ranges if one looks at travel distances AFL YR offers the best alternative for the Murrindindi Shire based clubs given the fact that there is a steady increase of population growth in Yea Kinglake areas and potentially with the revamp of Eastern Football League there could be better options for a resourcing of leagues based on geography as well as potential of stepping up to the premier division.

In respect to the other divisions the trouble is One size does not fit all. If we base all divisions purely on geography then we will see cricket scores being kicked against opposition clubs. Divisional football does address this.

Maroondah Districts League
Alexandra
Avenel - from K&DL
Bonnie Doon
Longwood - from the K&DL
Mansfield - if they want to leave GVL
Tatong?? if they can get a team back up
Thornton-Eildon
Yea

Kinglake back to NFL Div 3
If Mansfield don't want to join then another club may restart or join later.

This is what they should have, going by ladder finishes this season.

Goulbourn Valley Premier League
Benalla
Echuca
Euroa
Kyabram
Mansfield - to newly formed MDFL
Mooroopna
Rochester
Seymour
Sheppaton Bears
Shepparton United
Tatura
10 teams, wooden spooner relegated.

Goulburn Valley A Grade not KDFL
Shepparton Swans
Violet Town
Nagambie
Stanhope
Tallygroopna
Lancaster
Murchison -Toolamba
Girgarre
Merrigum
Rushworth
10 teams, premier promoted, wooden spooner relegated.

Goulburn Valley B Grade not Picola SE
Ardmona
Undera
Longwood
Tungamah
Shepparton East
Waaia
Katunga
Katamatite
Dookie United
Katandra
10 teams, premier promoted.

Murray and Picola NW plus a few others to make up the next two.

Murray River Eastern Division
Picola United
Strathmerton
Blighty
Yarroweyah
Deniliquin Rovers
Echuca United
Deniliquin Rams
Moama
Nathalia
Tongala
10 teams, no relegation or promotion

Murray River Western Division
Rennie
Berrigan
Jerilderie
Tocumwal
Numurkah
Barooga
Mulwala
Cobram
Congupna
Rumbalara
10 teams, no relegation or promotion.

Some won't like this but ultimately it needs to go down a path similar to this.

I watched Nunawading beat GWH in the 2's win last Saturday and glad I did.One small step for the club in a really difficult re build but just to see the excitement on the players faces and even their 1's who come out to watch the closing minutes was worth a look.1st win for the club in 1's or 2's since 2015.

Can help but think Nunawading would be more competitive in VAFA D4. Canterbury have prospered since they transferred a few seasons back. Only drawback would be travel to the likes of Box Hill North, Mt Lillydale & Whitehorse Reserve.

Can help but think Nunawading would be more competitive in VAFA D4. Canterbury have prospered since they transferred a few seasons back. Only drawback would be travel to the likes of Box Hill North, Mt Lillydale & Whitehorse Reserve.

The no alcohol sales would be a killer.

First time I've seen this Skip, but I can only say your geography of footy ground locations needs some updating. Mt Lilydate sure, some 25Km, but Whitehorse maybe 1-2 Km and Box Hill Nth 2-3 Km.

First time I've seen this Skip, but I can only say your geography of footy ground locations needs some updating. Mt Lilydate sure, some 25Km, but Whitehorse maybe 1-2 Km and Box Hill Nth 2-3 Km.

Not to mention that round the corner drive to South Mornington.
North Brunswick and Souths are a breeze to get to also.

Anyone heading to Fairpark Sat night for the game vs Silvan

I will be selling Pizza's from my Woodfired Pizza Van on the wing, come and say hi

Re EFL Premier League, Once again those at the sharp end copy the Amateurs in their quest for success. After following the Amateurs with the introduction of U19's has been a complete failure (Many teams can't field a squad). We now have the quest to put more money in the pockets at EFL HQ with the battle of the dollars at the top. Going to be interesting watching clubs go bust on a yearly basis.

Good to see a win for Nunawading 2's last Saturday after a win last season and a great chance for them to go back to back next Saturday.No wins for their 1's for about 3 seasons but good to see the improvement and scores on the board unlike previous seasons like 30 or 40 goal defeats and scoreless games.A win in the latter part of the season for the 1's might not be as far away as we think. Well done to all our down there for sticking with the club and lets hope the club gets the opportunity to celebrate their 100th year in the next few seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back