D4 Division 4 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shift work is a killer, feel like i'm 24 hours behind the news !.
Well done Bob looks like the rewards are coming for the hard work put in by you and your club .
Parkside are a hard one as I've only seen them play once and that was very early in the season.
I thought they were just ok but obviously have improved, maybe they have some new recruits ?.
North Brunswick are probably the standout but I still think SFX will have a big say.

Salloum (nth Brunswick)
Yeatman (wicks)
T.French, Bland, Boole (Sth Morn)
D.Chin, O’Hara (SFX)
Clarke (Sth Melb)
Balon (Eley)
Creek (Parkside)

Would have to be a VAFA oversight of some sort surely, you don't play an unregistered guy who's comfortably the best on the team.

No one has probably asked the vafa to look into it very unfair on the behalf of mt lilydale

Been a bit quiet on here of late. I suppose the bye/week will help a lot of teams in terms of numbers on the track and more players available from injury.
With 6 rounds to go in the season, any tips for the league B & F winner? I'm thinking the infamous number 7 from Mt Lilydale or number 8 from STFX

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of the one game I watched of South Mornington, C Turner looked like a very handy type. I'd imagine he'd poll well also

Missed first two games on holiday and now broke his hand last week so missed last week and will miss another 3-4 I’m guessing but yeah he is very handy

Tips, R13:

Box Hill Nth vs Nth Brunswick. NB comfortably.
South Mornington vs Masala. SM even more comfortably.
South Melbourne District vs Eley Park.
Mt Lilydale vs Elsternwick. Good match up. I'll go with MtL at home.
SFX vs Parkside. Match of the round. Would have been line-ball two weeks ago, but SFX's showing against SM makes me think that Parkside are the better side.

Comp is looking like a 2-horse race now, with SFX clear third, SMD below that, and SM a wildcard.

Missed first two games on holiday and now broke his hand last week so missed last week and will miss another 3-4 I’m guessing but yeah he is very handy
Interesting just going back on the B & F, no one mentioned North Brunny yet they are on top. Just an even team of contributors?

Parkside are the real deal !!.. great game of football and a well deserved victory to the red devils.
Nth Bwick kick the sweep and continue on their merry way..the only blemish could be a blessing in disguise ?.
Sth Mornington keep fighting for that 4th spot and have to keep winning. Bob would be one happy coach with the continued improvement.
Eley Park cause the upset of the round or was it ? , this has opened the door for a couple of sides to possibly sneak in to the 4.
Elsternwick kick 20 plus goals two weeks in a row, where was this form early in the season ?.
All in all it's shaping up for a great last 5 rounds with some mini finals to be played each week .

Parkside are the real deal !!.. great game of football and a well deserved victory to the red devils.
Nth Bwick kick the sweep and continue on their merry way..the only blemish could be a blessing in disguise ?.
Sth Mornington keep fighting for that 4th spot and have to keep winning. Bob would be one happy coach with the continued improvement.
Eley Park cause the upset of the round or was it ? , this has opened the door for a couple of sides to possibly sneak in to the 4.
Elsternwick kick 20 plus goals two weeks in a row, where was this form early in the season ?.
All in all it's shaping up for a great last 5 rounds with some mini finals to be played each week .

Not an upset by the sharks watched them yesterday first time all year they’ve had a close too full side could be the dark horse if the continue to play the way they did

Would have been a great game to watch! I couldnt get down to watch as it was my sons birthday. Parkside are a huge chance this season. What was the takeout from the game?

Eley Park seem to be improving dramatically as the season goes and who would have thought a month ago that Eley Park and South Mornington would only be one game out of the 4!! What a season it's shaping up to be.

Would have been a great game to watch! I couldnt get down to watch as it was my sons birthday. Parkside are a huge chance this season. What was the takeout from the game?

Eley Park seem to be improving dramatically as the season goes and who would have thought a month ago that Eley Park and South Mornington would only be one game out of the 4!! What a season it's shaping up to be.

My mate plays for eley Park apparently first time since round 1 they have had a full side.. got about 13-14 blokes under the age of 23 coming through who also can all play so it will be very interesting to see how they go over the last end of the season would probably have to beat st Francis or nth Brunswick and also beat south Mornington away aswell but if they continue to play like they did against SM they are a real big sniff for finals

Mt.lilydale to merge with Croydon North?

Croydon north is a vets club only at this stage. However they have a ground and I believe mt Lilydale are in a bit of strife regarding theirs. Croydon north were planning on getting up and running next year, in the efl I believe.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also saw sfx vs Parkside rematch and I thought sfx lost it themselves. Very good coming out of the backline and dropped marks, poor handballs and kicks and when they did get it right, there was a silly free kick to Parkside. Soligo and the young CHF (#26 I think?) played very well and kept them in it all day. Both sides full strength, I'd go sfx. Brunswick just a touch ahead of sfx and Parkside, SM dropped off big time.

SM dropped off big time.
Assume you mean SMD dropped off big time. SM are on the up.

What a difference a week makes. Eley Park - turned the corner, or flash in the pan? SMD look to be falling away badly.

Tips:
North Brunswick vs SFX. SFX got closer to Parkside than I expected, but away to the top side is a different story, especially after a hard game last week.
South Mornington vs Mt Lilydale. SM need to keep winning and winning big to close the gap in % with SMD and stay ahead of EP. Bye round in MPNFL means that SM may be able to get a few blokes on temporary transfers. MtL haven't done much since beating NB, making me think that this may have been more about NB being complacent than MtL being much good. SM fairly easily.
South Melbourne District vs Elsternwick. Will go with the upset. After a surprisingly good start, SMD have fallen in a hole. Depth may be an issue. Elsternwick, despite being so low on the ladder, have kicked some very respectable scores in recent weeks. Elsternwick by less than two goals.
Parkside vs Masala. Difficult to see Masala winning a game this year. If they do, it won't be this one.
Eley Park vs Box Hill Nth. What would have been a hard call 3 weeks ago is now a pretty sure thing. EP by about 40pts.

Up in D3, 4-game gap has opened up between 8th and 9th, making relegation just about a certainty. Albert Pk and Latrobe Uni to join D4 in 2019, unless one gets a reprieve due to departure of a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back