D4 Division 4 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
League B & F was won by Creek (Parkside) , 2nd Chin (SFX), 3rd Wells (Parkside) and equal 4th was Romano (Parkside) and mystery man Cassidy-Marsh (ML).

Congratulations to all players named in the top 5. No surprise to see Creek & Chin in the top 2. No doubt Cassidy-Marsh would have been right up there had he not missed so many games. And the other placings could have been raffled off between quite a few players I'd imagine.

Does anyone know when the full list of votes will be released?

Gee SFX were poor today, they were more intent on playing the man than the ball !.
#9 for SFX what was he thinking ??, played the man all day and just gave free kick after free kick away.
I'm sure the coaching staff would have been disappointed with some of the sniping that went on today .
The sniping went both ways to be fair. In both games. Parkside too good on the day.
Doesn't matter much now, but scoreboard for reserves at the pointy end of the final term was incorrect and showed Parkside ahead by 4 with a couple mintues to go when SFX were up by 2. If it had've been correct, game would've been played out very differently.
Good luck to Parkside and don't think they have the answers to contain NB's forwards. Parkside defensive structures were mainly due to the press from midfielders so that may be their best bet again.

The sniping went both ways to be fair. In both games. Parkside too good on the day.
Doesn't matter much now, but scoreboard for reserves at the pointy end of the final term was incorrect and showed Parkside ahead by 4 with a couple mintues to go when SFX were up by 2. If it had've been correct, game would've been played out very differently.
Good luck to Parkside and don't think they have the answers to contain NB's forwards. Parkside defensive structures were mainly due to the press from midfielders so that may be their best bet again.

Reading between the lines here - if the scores in the 2’s were correct then SFX wouldn’t not have gone on their little frenzy towards the end of the game??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was unaware the score board was incorrect, I dare say the game perhaps would have been played slightly differently on ST Francis X part if they knew they were ahead at the time. Instead of chasing a goal and committing forward they would have been defending and subsequently might not have conceded the final goal. I was not there so cant comment as such but purely speculating.
Just one of those unfortunate things but credit must still go to Parkside who won the game and from all reports played very well. I'll be interested to see how they go against a solid NB reserves side.

I was unaware the score board was incorrect, I dare say the game perhaps would have been played slightly differently on ST Francis X part if they knew they were ahead at the time. Instead of chasing a goal and committing forward they would have been defending and subsequently might not have conceded the final goal. I was not there so cant comment as such but purely speculating.
Just one of those unfortunate things but credit must still go to Parkside who won the game and from all reports played very well. I'll be interested to see how they go against a solid NB reserves side.
Spot on mate, exactly what I was thinking. Past is the past though. Tough to call a winner all day in that one.

Reading between the lines here - if the scores in the 2’s were correct then SFX wouldn’t not have gone on their little frenzy towards the end of the game??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Each goal certainly made it more frenzied. You do make a good point.

League B & F was won by Creek (Parkside) , 2nd Chin (SFX), 3rd Wells (Parkside) and equal 4th was Romano (Parkside) and mystery man Cassidy-Marsh (ML).

Well done to the top 5

Marco would of got 6 votes against us dominated
What were the their total votes?
Not sure about the umps that are giving the votes but French kicked 10 and didn’t poll a vote but our forward picked who kicked 3 got best on

Well done to the top 5

Marco would of got 6 votes against us dominated
What were the their total votes?
Not sure about the umps that are giving the votes but French kicked 10 and didn’t poll a vote but our forward picked who kicked 3 got best on
Generally speaking, the umpires have NFI when it comes to the votes. I reckon most games they guess 2 out of the 3 that poll votes.

Could not agree more with your comments With The Peanuts.
Some of the votes given are totally bewildering , bob the day French got 10 can you remember the umpires ?? that would answer your question ;).

Is there a full list of votes for div 4 yet?

Who are we tipping for tomorrow's big match - both in seniors and reserves?

Is there a full list of votes for div 4 yet?

Who are we tipping for tomorrow's big match - both in seniors and reserves?
NB by 24 points in the one's
and NB in the two's by 45 points.
Good luck to both clubs and may the best team win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NB's reserves more vulnerable than the seniors but both should win comfortably enough. Really can't see how Parkside stops their forwards in either game.

From everyone at Point Cook FC we would like to congratulate our old combatants North Brunny on finally getting out of Div 4 and in some style.

Congratulations

It was a great day at Garvey on Saturday afternoon and as a mutual supporter who's watched both clubs play a bit this season, I was really impressed with the standard of football that was shown.
One of the most intense games of reserves footy I think I've seen with NB holding on by 2 points. If the game had gone on for another minute or two I think Parkside would have got it home but credit to NB they found a way to hold on. I was quite touched to see the emotion of the NB players after winning the game, you could tell it meant a lot to them and congratulations. For me, NB's 7, 42, 18 and 27 stood out. While for Parkside, 12, 66, 2 and 4 were great with 4 being the best on ground in my opinion.
In the seniors, it went a little more to script with NB forwards playing very well. Credit to Parkside who kept coming but they could not reel them in and NB deserved winners on the day. For NB 17, 19, 32, 9 and 20 all stood up with 20 being best on ground for me. Parkside fought valiantly with 7, 5, 26 all playing well.

Scoobie, it was the NB ruckmen who won Norm Smith, number 33 - he also played very well.
Parkside have a lot of young players and if they stick together the future will be bright and they'll have success.

Good Summary Gia, I thought #17 for NB was the match winner with 5 goals and was best on closely followed by #19 and #20.
For Parkside # 7 was outstanding in a losing side and #26 looks a prospect also, he is outstanding overhead and took mark of the day.
Also have to give credit to the umpires , they let it go and paid the obvious ones which allowed the game to flow.
The best two teams fought it out and to see the emotion from all at NB it definitely was something to be savored.
I thought Parkside's coach gave a gracious speech after the game also and showed a lot of class !.
Always envious of the winning team when watching grand finals as it can be one of the best days
of your life and I'm sure they at NB would of celebrated hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back