D4 Division 4 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
g'day all. I've just moved to the northern suburbs of melbourne from Brisbane. Have posted on bigfooty before looking to have a crack at footy up north, but work got in the way. Now that i'm back as a mon - fri drone my nights and weekeneds have opened back up, and being in the game's heartland has made me keener than ever to have a kick.

Can anyone personally recommend a club that's good for totally new players? I've played rugby league in the past, though I was primarily a swimmer in my 'prime' if you can call it that. I'm still physically in shape but would be out of gas very quickly most likely. I'm not expecting to get a run-on spot or even contribute at all for a long period, so hoping there's a club that will help me develop as a player until I'm good enough to have a run on gameday.

Appreciate any help. For the moment I'm leaning towards North Brunswick due to proximity, but any thoughts/opinions/experiences are more than welcome.

Cheers
Hey mate,

Without sounding too biased, Masala is a great place for new players. Being a multicultural club we've introduced a lot of guys to Australian Rules football whom had never touched a footy before in their life. In our first season we had a guy from Estonia come to a training in basketball shoes and tried to bounce the sherrin like a basketball. He went on to finish runners-up in the BnF!

There'd also be plenty of opportunities to get a game. But ultimately you've come to the right league; VAFA clubs (from my experiences) are far more welcoming than other leagues.

g'day all. I've just moved to the northern suburbs of melbourne from Brisbane. Have posted on bigfooty before looking to have a crack at footy up north, but work got in the way. Now that i'm back as a mon - fri drone my nights and weekeneds have opened back up, and being in the game's heartland has made me keener than ever to have a kick.

Can anyone personally recommend a club that's good for totally new players? I've played rugby league in the past, though I was primarily a swimmer in my 'prime' if you can call it that. I'm still physically in shape but would be out of gas very quickly most likely. I'm not expecting to get a run-on spot or even contribute at all for a long period, so hoping there's a club that will help me develop as a player until I'm good enough to have a run on gameday.

Appreciate any help. For the moment I'm leaning towards North Brunswick due to proximity, but any thoughts/opinions/experiences are more than welcome.

Cheers

Hi Rookie from Bris. Welcome to melb! I’m the senior coach at Box Hill North, check out our video. We have tonnes of first time players and all of them try us out, and end up staying and loving it.

See video made just for you

My recommendation is come to us first. Test it out! I’ll look out for you and all the players will look after you.

I know some guys at North brunswick and they are very good folk so if you end up there, you can’t go wrong either. But try us first

Box Hill North

Cheers

- Alan

Cheers

I did something similar a few years back.

I'd recommend heading to a team with a clubbies side. Means you will get a game and have a chance to improve yourself.

Im pretty sure Uni High (based next to the zoo) have a clubbies and maybe west Brunswick.

Good luck with it

Cheers

G’day,

North Brunswick do have a 3rds team this year (clubbies) and just like all the other div 4 clubs are pretty good with players new to get the game. If North Brunswick suits your location feel free to come down to training on a Tuesday or Thursday night.

The rookie:
North Brunswick will be fielding a team in the clubbies this season.. training from 615 Tuesday and Thursday.

Come on down. First beer (or drink of choice) for free for new players. We also have a free BBQ next Thursday night.

Yo be
G’day,

North Brunswick do have a 3rds team this year (clubbies) and just like all the other div 4 clubs are pretty good with players new to get the game. If North Brunswick suits your location feel free to come down to training on a Tuesday or Thursday night.

You beat me to it Vosscopter!!!!

Hi Rookie from Bris. Welcome to melb! I’m the senior coach at Box Hill North, check out our video. We have tonnes of first time players and all of them try us out, and end up staying and loving it.

My recommendation is come to us first. Test it out! I’ll look out for you and all the players will look after you.

I know some guys at North brunswick and they are very good folk so if you end up there, you can’t go wrong either. But try us first

Box Hill North

Cheers

- Alan

Box Hill North

Cheers

- Alan

Top video Alan!! Great to have you back in D4!

I did something similar a few years back.

I'd recommend heading to a team with a clubbies side. Means you will get a game and have a chance to improve yourself.

Im pretty sure Uni High (based next to the zoo) have a clubbies and maybe west Brunswick.

Good luck with it

Yep West Brunswick have a Clubbies team also (last year we had 4 men's teams, so we cater for all standards including have a lot of first timers)

G’day,

Ah I had seen some old posts and was wondering about clubbies. It sounded like it was lower (?) than div 4, so I was hoping I could find a way into a team that was playing in that divison ha. What's the go with that? Is it a 3rds team within div 4 or something?

Also, I think I will come down next Tuesday for a kick. I did a drive out to the field today and the location is too good to pass up, much closer than any other clubs.

Thanks for the info!

Box Hill North

Cheers

- Alan

Alan, I loved the video mate. Exactly what I would be looking for from a team. I must say though that the travel is just a bit too much. Only 30 minutes, but with North Brunswick a stone's throw away, I couldn't justify the extra travel, especially given your kind words about the Bulls.

I really appreciate you reaching out, though, and if I were a bit closer you'd have swayed me with the video to be honest. Good luck to you and the team this season, if I get around to having a kick somewhere I'll try and seek you out when the two teams play and shout you a beer.

Cheers

Alan, I loved the video mate. Exactly what I would be looking for from a team. I must say though that the travel is just a bit too much. Only 30 minutes, but with North Brunswick a stone's throw away, I couldn't justify the extra travel, especially given your kind words about the Bulls.

I really appreciate you reaching out, though, and if I were a bit closer you'd have swayed me with the video to be honest. Good luck to you and the team this season, if I get around to having a kick somewhere I'll try and seek you out when the two teams play and shout you a beer.

Cheers
Be great to have you down. Go speak to the senior coach Marcus or the thirds coach, Spano. I will let them know you are coming. We have quite a few newbies to footy this year. Thirds selection will be based on training attendance.

The Clubbies/Thirds for us will be a ‘divisional thirds’ ie playing against other division 1 to division 4 thirds teams, well that’s what they are telling us anyway!

Be great to have you down. Go speak to the senior coach Marcus or the thirds coach, Spano. I will let them know you are coming. We have quite a few newbies to footy this year. Thirds selection will be based on training attendance.

The Clubbies/Thirds for us will be a ‘divisional thirds’ ie playing against other division 1 to division 4 thirds teams, well that’s what they are telling us anyway!

Is that what their doing with the clubbies... Cant have OX playing us plebs?

And Rookie, the clubbies is a clubs 3rd senior side if they have the numbers to provide one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Mt.Lilydale play a praccy match in Yea this afternoon? Heard something about them playing an EFL side?
Mt lilydale played monbulk which is a afl Yarra valley div 1 side. They got pumped by about 18 goals but they were playing with a depleted side of only 25 blokes for a 6 qtr game. Monbulk looked like they had about 50 blokes. I thought mt lilydale actually looked pretty good considering what they were up against. But monbulk put on a huge full ground press that worked really well and looked hard to brake through. On the upside Yea football club put on a great feed and the ground was in great Nick.

Thanks mate. Silly question but do the boys play at Allard Park? Went down to have a look and saw the Giants signs and was thrown off. Can't find anything definitive online either.

south morno beat frankston dolphins by about 10 goals.
st francis lost to st johns by 2-3 goals.

any other praccy match results?

ps. masala bloke above, 3 confirmed ins and 2 of them played for Nunawading reserves....... keep talking.

Thanks mate. Silly question but do the boys play at Allard Park? Went down to have a look and saw the Giants signs and was thrown off. Can't find anything definitive online either.
Yes we are at Allard Park.
The giants signs belong to our juniors.
See you at training!

ps. masala bloke above, 3 confirmed ins and 2 of them played for Nunawading reserves....... keep talking.

I guess ins are the only way to improve a club's performance then? So glad someone outside the club knows more about it than I do!

Looking for a run also and living quite close to North Brunsy at the moment... might try and get down to say hi next Tuesday!

Looking for a run also and living quite close to North Brunsy at the moment... might try and get down to say hi next Tuesday!

Did you end up getting there for training? Sorry I couldn't make it Vosscopter, started a new job doing containers and honestly have been getting home at 3 and passing out by 3:30. Got easier toward the end of the week so hopefully I can pull my head in by Tuesday.

There are a few butterflies in the stomach too because it's been a while since I've been in proper contact sport so I'm worried how the body will hold up. Can see myself getting done over by a big bloke first game ha! But I'll still try and get down for a kick and at least introduce myself. If me or coaches decide it's not for me then so be it

Eley Park and Mt Lilydale played today. 2 close games, with Mt. Lilydale winning both (Ressies by 2 pts, Snrs by 16 pts.) Good hit out for both teams. I believe that both Snrs teams had a few good players missing.

Did you end up getting there for training? Sorry I couldn't make it Vosscopter, started a new job doing containers and honestly have been getting home at 3 and passing out by 3:30. Got easier toward the end of the week so hopefully I can pull my head in by Tuesday.

There are a few butterflies in the stomach too because it's been a while since I've been in proper contact sport so I'm worried how the body will hold up. Can see myself getting done over by a big bloke first game ha! But I'll still try and get down for a kick and at least introduce myself. If me or coaches decide it's not for me then so be it
Haha no worries. Once you start having a kick the confidence will come.
Hopefully see you there Tuesday.

What is the go with all the junior clearances coming in for Sth melbourne? Are they getting a under 19s side up? Is that what it would be? Because there is about 30 of them. Any more practice March results? Really want to know what's going on out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back