Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocking tipping last week. 2/5
This week:
Elsternwick to beat the Boccy Boys
South Melbourne will smash Sharks
Mount to flog Masala
North Brunny will cover Parkside
SFX will bounce back after the 1 point loss.

Look forward to the battle at the top this year!

Very even up the top half of the Ladder, some big games coming up which will give us a better idea of favouritism.
I have watched Parkside, Box Hill, North Brunswick and Mt Lilydale so far and what has stood out to me has been the lack of depth at most of these clubs with not much to bring in if injuries hit...Is that a fair assessment ?. The only team that looked ok in the 2nds was NB but that may have been due to the opposition BHN who looked poor.

Very even up the top half of the Ladder, some big games coming up which will give us a better idea of favouritism.
I have watched Parkside, Box Hill, North Brunswick and Mt Lilydale so far and what has stood out to me has been the lack of depth at most of these clubs with not much to bring in if injuries hit...Is that a fair assessment ?. The only team that looked ok in the 2nds was NB but that may have been due to the opposition BHN who looked poor.

By the seniors and reserves ladders it seems 3 clubs Clearly have great depth and will be hard to beat. The rest depends on what teams are available week to week. I've seen Brunswick they were impressive with a few good players out even. Get a look at SFX and SMelb next two weeks so will have a fav after that in my mind
After selection tonight we have used 74 players. 38 through the seniors. Got told Box Hill had used 50 through seniors first 5 weeks hard to get consistent footy with that amount of changes

Elsternwick 23
Sth Melb 34
Mt Lily 77
Nth Bruns 45
Sth Morno 5

Just did the count for mt lilydale 31 already through the seniors not including 3 debutants in for this week and 45 different blokes though the reserves. Massive changes every week. It's amazing! Will be interesting the next couple of weeks with games to be played. Nth Brunswick still to play the top other 4 teams.
Elsternwick 16
Mt lilydale 60
Nth Brunswick 8
St Francis 45
And an upset eley park by 3.

I have adopted Parkside as my team since coming across from the NFL and have been impressed with their coaching and willingness to play younger types.
On the weekend gone they came up against a pretty good Nth Bwick team who have impressed the two times I have watched them.
I think if Parkside can get back some of their quality players like (McLaren)who played in the reserves they could definitely finish around the four.
I've gotta say that I enjoy the D4 competition, some quality players getting around and good hard footy without the thuggery of the NFL who still make the news for all the wrong reasons.

I have adopted Parkside as my team since coming across from the NFL and have been impressed with their coaching and willingness to play younger types.
On the weekend gone they came up against a pretty good Nth Bwick team who have impressed the two times I have watched them.
I think if Parkside can get back some of their quality players like (McLaren)who played in the reserves they could definitely finish around the four.
I've gotta say that I enjoy the D4 competition, some quality players getting around and good hard footy without the thuggery of the NFL who still make the news for all the wrong reasons.
He'd have had his own ball in the magoos... Must had had a function

Interested to see how South Melbourne have faired this season going 6-0? Have they recruited well? Seems like they're on their way back up to divvy 3 after going 0-18 last season.. would be a great turnaround

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to see how South Melbourne have faired this season going 6-0? Have they recruited well? Seems like they're on their way back up to divvy 3 after going 0-18 last season.. would be a great turnaround
From a quick look through their posted sides and best players, they don't seem to have changed much from last year at all. Their being 6-0 after finishing 0-18 last year probably says more about the standard of D4 this year than it does about SMD.

From a quick look through their posted sides and best players, they don't seem to have changed much from last year at all. Their being 6-0 after finishing 0-18 last year probably says more about the standard of D4 this year than it does about SMD.
Interesting if true, because they weren't flash last year in D3.

I saw SM last year early on and they looked a lot younger in the seniors than they look this year. Looks like there are a few older heads around with some experience. Whether that be from injury/travel I'm not sure but I think they are playing a lot better football now than they were last year. Good to see though because they were another really good bunch of guys to play against.

Player update down South 85 used 44 through the ones, looking forward to having a look at Sth Melb today

SFX 67
Box Hill 53
Nth Bruns 46
Eley 12
South Morno 5

Player update down South 85 used 44 through the ones, looking forward to having a look at Sth Melb today

SFX 67
Box Hill 53
Nth Bruns 46
Eley 12
South Morno 5
Well done Bob on your 1st win of the season and what a win it was !. SFX and Nth Brunny continue on their winning ways.... not taking anything away from Parkside but what has happened to Eley Park ??.
Masala had a win in the magoos also so well done to them also.
Next week could be a Grand Final preview between SFX and Nth Brunny.. what a cracker it should be, anyone who has played both like to make a prediction ?.

Cheers Number
Well done Bob on your 1st win of the season and what a win it was !. SFX and Nth Brunny continue on their winning ways.... not taking anything away from Parkside but what has happened to Eley Park ??.
Masala had a win in the magoos also so well done to them also.
Next week could be a Grand Final preview between SFX and Nth Brunny.. what a cracker it should be, anyone who has played both like to make a prediction ?.
cheers number 75 *second win
Happy to tip 5 means we had a win
In my mind I have North Brunswick clear favourite, hard to gage Sth Melb yesterday from what I can see they had 7-8 out but credit to our boys we had a good crack which was pleasing
Eley Park and Parkside Both up and down week to week but as I’ve said before after the top 3 it really does depend on availability as the middle sides don’t have the depth the top 3 must have as in senior players

Cheers Number

cheers number 75 *second win
Happy to tip 5 means we had a win
In my mind I have North Brunswick clear favourite, hard to gage Sth Melb yesterday from what I can see they had 7-8 out but credit to our boys we had a good crack which was pleasing
Eley Park and Parkside Both up and down week to week but as I’ve said before after the top 3 it really does depend on availability as the middle sides don’t have the depth the top 3 must have as in senior players
Sorry... my bad bob well done on your 2nd win ;);). Hopefully gets your season up and running, did you get a few back as I see you have had a huge turnover ?.

Sorry... my bad bob well done on your 2nd win ;);). Hopefully gets your season up and running, did you get a few back as I see you have had a huge turnover ?.

Yeah got a couple back in, but mainly had two full sides since Rd 3, and no injuries during the games for the first time this year

For me SFX have the better midfield and will put the opposition defence under pressure with repeat entries into their fwds.
Having said that though Nth Bwick have a strong defence and get a lot of rebound from there running backs and also have multiple targets up fwd.
I think it will be very close but just lean towards SFX at home.

For me SFX have the better midfield and will put the opposition defence under pressure with repeat entries into their fwds.
Having said that though Nth Bwick have a strong defence and get a lot of rebound from there running backs and also have multiple targets up fwd.
I think it will be very close but just lean towards SFX at home.

The Bulls will go through undefeated. Give them the flag now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back