Division 4 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the scoreboard is crappy and looks like it was made to show all the batsmen's and bowler's info. A remnant from the District Cricket days. And yes, I know it hasn't been District Cricket for about 30 years, but that's what I will continue to call it.
GMac I am also aware that it is used only by the Tigers 3rds and 4ths nowadays.. The pitch itself is ordinary and that's why Hawthorn-Waverley moved to Monash Uni. It was originally the Waverley Tip.
Which brings me to Surrey. Their centre pitch area is as bad as I have seen at any ground for about 50 years.
How are the works at Mitcham going, they should be finished soon, shouldn't they?
And yes you will probably see me there sometime during the day.

Last edited:
Cliff the works at Mitcham I would think or hope would be finished early next year.They started on the brick work for the extension yesterday.I know they took nearly 12 months to complete Croydon,Blackburn was supposed to start 1 Feb and have only just been given the OK to start and Heathmont was supposed to start 2 months ago and still not started so perhaps we are lucky with what they have done so far.Big crowds at junior grand finals at Mitcham on Sunday which really surprised me to.

Last edited:
been gagged? lol You’ve been doing all the talking. I watched the game and thought SP had them and then all of a sudden FP won. Be a cracker of a game next week and I believe Coldstream will bounce back.

C'mon there was a fair bit of talk early and you know it! I never really thought Surrey was going to win until a very small patch in the 4th quarter and from that moment Fairpark went bang. I really hope Coldy wins of course but im not confident at all. Ive heard a couple of their better players are a little banged up.

As for Fairpark, they are just so dangerous. I think they have the most talented side out of the three left, but certainly not the fittest! Scoresby will suit them more. If we were playing on a big ground i think we would have Fairpark covered. I have a sneaky suspicion that a few East Burwood people would prefer to play Coldy in a grand final than Fairpark too.

My reply was tongue in cheek with your gagged comment. From where I stand I’m hoping to play whoever, for sentimental stakes I hope it’s Coldy. I just hope it’s a close physical clash this week. First things first I hope the U19s can follow the Reserves and Seniors this weekend.

I'm hoping that Fairpark and Coldstream belt the living daylights out of each other this weekend.:)

Last edited:
Which brings me to Surrey. Their centre pitch area is as bad as I have seen at any ground for about 50 years.
It's not good. Drains are cooked and the drought resistant turf that Council laid 10 years ago is great in summer but completely dies off in winter. Topsoil is all gone. Desperately needs Council to spend a few bob. Couldn't host any finals this year

It's not good. Drains are cooked and the drought resistant turf that Council laid 10 years ago is great in summer but completely dies off in winter. Topsoil is all gone. Desperately needs Council to spend a few bob. Couldn't host any finals this year

Not as bad as Warburton.
Same problem at Nunawading.I to have doubts about that drought resistant turf in the winter months and even had a couple of spots at Walker Park which were a concern.Morton Park top oval is a real concern for Blackburn and Whitehorse council.

Last edited:
Central Reserve is the same, brown grass that looks like dirt from a distance. Green patches at different spots over the ground where weeds and other grasses have become established. The center Turf area is nice and green and firm.

3 Teams in the Grand Final. Great win by the U19's in the second semi to win by 97 points. There are some really good players in the team and if the TAC teams leave them alone they will play a really important role in the seniors over the next couple of years.

^^Massive effort by the Rams.

Well played by East Burwood in the U19's and far to good.Not a good day for Mitcham with an inaccurate reserves side going down by 9 points but a chance next week end for both our sides to bounce back and play in the grand final.The tiger army will be back tomorrow to support our 1's and thank you EB as the host club for your efforts today and lets hope we can get the win we after plus you guys make a quid with all the hard work you are doing off field tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be a set of real arm wrestles next weekend.
Coldy started slowly like they did against us and then got blown away and mentally gave up.
Ones will be ready, but will be a great contest.
Surrey in the 2's, an arm wrestle.
U19's look like real likely prospects.
Netball team has drawn with Wantirna Sth, another arm wrestle.
Go Rams!

Wow. Didn't expect that. Fairpark were simply fantastic, they were unstoppable. Coldy never got a sniff.

I have no idea who will win next week, when Coldy beat Fairpark at home i didnt think they would win a final on that performance but that obviously wasnt the real Fairpark that day.

Good luck to both sides.

Don't think Fairpark are certainties - it is a two horse race. They were "red hot" yesterday and played terrific footy. They certainly couldn't miss when shooting for goal - just had a day out! Promises to be a cracking grand final with two very evenly matched teams. Momentum is very good to have and that is in Fairpark's favour - looking forward to the game.

East Burwood -We are the under dogs.
Fairpark - No we are the underdogs!
East Burwood - No believe me we are the underdogs!

But in all seriousness its a new game and different teams. East Burwood would have had a good look at Fairpark on Sunday.

Anyone know why the people of Scoresby didn’t let anyone into to rooms to watch the game despite the fact the rain was coming straight into the crowd under cover? Social rooms were empty. Plenty of space for people to watch from behind the glass. So many left without seeing the end of the game

Anyone know why the people of Scoresby didn’t let anyone into to rooms to watch the game despite the fact the rain was coming straight into the crowd under cover? Social rooms were empty. Plenty of space for people to watch from behind the glass. So many left without seeing the end of the game

I would have thought the scoreline coupled with the rain coming was the main reason people left early.No one left East Burwood in one of the games of the season with heavy rain in the last quarter.

Last edited:
Whichever the reason is why people left, not letting people who pay to enter the ground to use the rooms is still pretty poor imo.
They have paid for the finals and obviously looking to get a maximum return on their investment. :p I will add that Clubs are not allowed people into their club rooms during the finals due to the club may sell alcohol which means the league misses out on their cut.

Last edited:

THE Eastern Football League has officially named the Division 4 best on ground senior grand final medal ahead of this Sunday’s decider between East Burwood and Fairpark.
The player adjudged best afield will receive the Colin Tainton Blue Ribbon Medal, named in honour of the former East Burwood and Coldstream-great who passed away in January this year.

THE Eastern Football League has officially named the Division 4 best on ground senior grand final medal ahead of this Sunday’s decider between East Burwood and Fairpark.
The player adjudged best afield will receive the Colin Tainton Blue Ribbon Medal, named in honour of the former East Burwood and Coldstream-great who passed away in January this year.

I can remember Colin playing a final for Coldstream at of all places Lilydale in the early 70,s and he was over 40 then.Excellent choice for the name on the medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back