D4 Division 4 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not late news only told us a week ago which isnt ideal

Have kept majority of list but lost French, Kurts and Boole 3 key players for us
Picked up a few new recruits but wont know much until we get into it

Pretty tough going Bob, have they left for $$?
Hopefully the new recruits can step up

Nah one to play twos with mates, one higher standard, one not playing so not for money

That’s rough. Sounds like no bad blood, but I’m sure more noticed would have been nice from your end to go and chase replacements. Best of luck to you.

My tips:
- Sth Morno comfortably
- Eley Park just
- Sth Melb comfortably (massive unknown factor about LaTrobe though)
- SFX just

Round 1:

South Mornington VS Masala - 50 points
Box Hill North VS Eley Park - 34 points
LTUFC VS South Melbourne - 20 points
St Francis VS Albert Park - 15 points
Elsternwick - BYE

Round 1 so we'll probably get every tip wrong but here's to having footy back!

Round 1:

South Mornington VS Masala - 50 points
Box Hill North VS Eley Park - 34 points
LTUFC VS South Melbourne - 20 points
St Francis VS Albert Park - 15 points
Elsternwick - BYE

Round 1 so we'll probably get every tip wrong but here's to having footy back!

SOUTH MORNO - 12 points
ELEY PARK - 24 points
SOUTH MELB - 10 points
ST FRANCIS - 10 points

eley park look to have raided a club from the mountains alot of transfers coming from that way, new coach bringing players perhaps? also heard from an EP player they have welcomed a former mt lilydale enigma into their playing group. shame about french, dominated last season.

tips
sth Morn - 65
EP - 35
sth melb 15
albert park - 20
eslternwick - easily

eley park look to have raided a club from the mountains alot of transfers coming from that way, new coach bringing players perhaps? also heard from an EP player they have welcomed a former mt lilydale enigma into their playing group. shame about french, dominated last season.

tips
sth Morn - 65
EP - 35
sth melb 15
albert park - 20
eslternwick - easily

After some quick research, new players for EP are nothing to rave about but good on them for getting more players when they seemed to be low on numbers at times last year. Quite a few outs though too.

SOUTH MORNINTON VS Masala - 40 points
Box Hill North VS ELEY PARK - 12 points
LATROBE VS South Melbourne - 6 points
ST FRANCIS VS Albert Park - 25 points
Elsternwick - BYE

Don't mind the looks of EP this season. They've brought back a few and have an ex-rennie stalwart coming back from a nasty shoulder injury.
They'll ease him back through the two's I'm hearing, but look for him to carry his goal kicking form into the seniors

Might be late on the news, but I see French has left Sth Morno and gone to Rye? Massive loss for them. And a fair list of other blokes leaving. I had them playing finals, but now not sure.

Any last minute recruits worth mentioning?

Chris Gregory to South Mornington..... straight into the ressies!....

Interesting results yesterday!

Good on Masala for getting a big win. Nobody picked them, signs of improvement early season will do lots for their confidence
Surprising winning margins for Latrobe and Eley Park. No Clarke for Sth Melbourne? Has he hung up the boots? Albert Park, even though they lost, showed they’ll be there about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting first round of footy! This may actually be a very even year if Masala can keep up with their first round effort. Good job from them though, good for the comp. Eley Park could be higher than a lot of people had them I'd say. Albert Park and St Francis would have been a ripper to watch. I got out for a bit of the Latrobe vs South Melbourne game. Latrobe looked very fast, used their big oval well. South Melbourne couldn't keep up the longer the game went.

Congrats to Masala on a round 1 win! I watched them play 1 game last season and they certainly have a dip! It's going to be a very interesting (and even) season in D4 if round 1 is anything to go by!

Round 2:

St Francis VS Masala - 45 points
South Melbourne VS Box Hill North - 60 points
Albert Park VS South Mornington - 35 points
Elsternwick VS LaTrobe Uni - 30 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back