D4 Division 4 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heard a rumour that a side may be barred from the finals for non-payment of affiliation fees. Anyone else hear this? Sounds far-fetched to me.

I didn't get to much D4 this year except for the occasional 'Lakeside value deal' (Albert Park and South Melbourne District when both were at home). From what I saw, if AP is the 2nd best side in the comp and SMD in finals contention until R17 or so, the standard of D4 has to be the lowest it has been in some years.

Finals tips. Assuming no late changes:
2nd Semi: SFX to wipe the floor with AP.
1st Semi: probably the best game of the series. Going purely on results, will go with Elsternwick as they are coming good at the right time.

Prelim: AP to exit in straight sets, no matter who they play.

GF: SFX to win in a very one sided affair.

Heard a rumour that a side may be barred from the finals for non-payment of affiliation fees. Anyone else hear this? Sounds far-fetched to me.

I didn't get to much D4 this year except for the occasional 'Lakeside value deal' (Albert Park and South Melbourne District when both were at home). From what I saw, if AP is the 2nd best side in the comp and SMD in finals contention until R17 or so, the standard of D4 has to be the lowest it has been in some years.

1st Semi: probably the best game of the series. Going purely on results, will go with Elsternwick as they are coming good at the right time.

I would assume there would be plenty of sides within the VAFA that aren't 100% paid up, even finals sides. You would hope if it does get enforced, then it's a blanket rule over all divisions, not picking and choosing who gets punished.

Not much Love for Albert Park, Random Observer.
I think the results this year have shown anyone on their day could snag the win.
La Trobe proved that a few rounds back against SFX. Only takes a strong 15-20 minutes to put most teams away. If any team is even with SFX heading into the last quarter, i reckon they will feel the pressure of it all. H.Coe's got the monkey off the back and will be hard to stop no matter which team they face.

Hopefully with Finals, we can at least see some quality umpiring from umpires a bit higher up the chain.

Not much Love for Albert Park, Random Observer.
I think the results this year have shown anyone on their day could snag the win.
La Trobe proved that a few rounds back against SFX. Only takes a strong 15-20 minutes to put most teams away. If any team is even with SFX heading into the last quarter, i reckon they will feel the pressure of it all. H.Coe's got the monkey off the back and will be hard to stop no matter which team they face.

Hopefully with Finals, we can at least see some quality umpiring from umpires a bit higher up the chain.

You can't put quality umpires and VAFA in the same sentence. You can only win with what you are given.
While I can't say St Francis will or won't mop the floor with AP, it's probably best to keep your outlandish tips to yourself. You got it embarrassingly wrong last time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't put quality umpires and VAFA in the same sentence. You can only win with what you are given.
While I can't say St Francis will or won't mop the floor with AP, it's probably best to keep your outlandish tips to yourself. You got it embarrassingly wrong last time.
Yep, AP let me down horribly last time.
Could be worse though....I could have tipped every week and still only got 49 :think:

Thanks Over The Post! cant wait to receive my bottle ;) Well done on all the admin that is involved with organising the tipping - job well done to you and I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work that goes in to it.

Looking forward to a bumper finals campaign

Interesting little side note of up to 6 SFL sides exploring the option of joining MPNFL to form a third division. SFX looking to join SFL at the conclusion of this season was intimated in the same article.

Let's address the payment rumours.
St Francis.
Consecutive years failing to pay VAFA fees!
Prove me wrong?
Their understanding is it's one hand on the flag and we'll leave the comp.
Their two forwards have already singed at other clubs, so it's all out this year!
Destroying the comp for the battling clubs, how does the division feel about this?

Let's address the payment rumours.
St Francis.
Consecutive years failing to pay VAFA fees!
Prove me wrong?
Their understanding is it's one hand on the flag and we'll leave the comp.
Their two forwards have already singed at other clubs, so it's all out this year!
Destroying the comp for the battling clubs, how does the division feel about this?

Are you saying they are paying players or not paing VAFA Fees or both?

Avoiding league fees, let's see how the VAFA deal with this.

If they are/have avoided League fees then they wont be able to leave the Ammos, Trust me from experience, Unless the plan is to disband and start up a new club ie: Narre South Saints which was being bandeed about when i played against them

I must say it is quite entertaining reading this absolute dribble. Funny that these new accounts pop up this evening after they make a grand final... 🤔🤔🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back