D4 Division 4 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 clearances into St Johns and Swinburne combined.

How are numbers on the track? Seems worrying for both if they are looking to get 2 sides

Doesn't seem to be much action on the clearance end apart from Box Hill having a couple from the EFL and La Trobe having 9 leaving. I'm guessing they'll be fine with a new year of schooling to kick off soon.

Pretty quiet from all at the moment. Not many clearances coming through for Div 3 and 4 compared to previous years, not sure if it's a sign of tough times for lower division clubs or if the clearance page is even working....

Pretty quiet from all at the moment. Not many clearances coming through for Div 3 and 4 compared to previous years, not sure if it's a sign of tough times for lower division clubs or if the clearance page is even working....
St Johns have 10 in and 7 out not including people who just aren’t playing.
I hope I’m wrong but I’d be hoping for at least 20 more in to make sure they can field 2 sides at this stage which seems unlikely.

Swinburne have lodged a heap but also lose a heap most years.

I wonder when the league will want a final call on both sides

Swinburne and La Trobe Uni semesters haven't started yet, they would probably both be planning a recruitment drive and hoping for a bit of an influx when they start to get more bodies on campus in the next couple of weeks

Swinburne and La Trobe Uni semesters haven't started yet, they would probably both be planning a recruitment drive and hoping for a bit of an influx when they start to get more bodies on campus in the next couple of weeks

First round is in 5 weeks, doesn't allow much time to sort teams out if players need transfers etc..

That's just hoping they get an influx, very well might not be an influx in which case it would become a vry serious issue in the week before round 1

That's just hoping they get an influx, very well might not be an influx in which case it would become a vry serious issue in the week before round 1

Anyone in touch with La Trobe? Swinburne very happy with numbers on the list, have had 35 plus on the track the past 3 weeks I've been told. O Week last week, so might have more on the way. Expect that St Johns will be strong, after a bounce back year in Thirds last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At
Anyone in touch with La Trobe? Swinburne very happy with numbers on the list, have had 35 plus on the track the past 3 weeks I've been told. O Week last week, so might have more on the way. Expect that St Johns will be strong, after a bounce back year in Thirds last year.
St. John’s has 15 in and 7 out according to transfers?
Can’t see that being enough unless a lot of currently registered players are playing after a year off?

Surely they need at least a positive 25 clearances in?

AFL to return in June.

What are out options assuming we have a 10-11 week window with first game in June 7th?

Could we see a 6 round D4 season and a top 4 finals series?

My Thoughts
June 7th - Lightning Rnd 1 - 2 venues - 3 teams at each venue. 15 minute quarters. 6 games (3 x Senior, 3 x Reserve)
June 14th - Lightning Rnd 2 - 2 venues - 3 teams at each venue. 15 minute quarters. 6 games (3 x Senior, 3 x Reserve)

Lightning Rounds Results
Top Ranked Team (Snrs + Ressies) - 8 premiership points
2nd Ranked Team (Snrs + Ressies) - 4 premiership points
2nd Ranked Team (Snrs + Ressies) - 2 premiership points

Season Propper
Rnd 1 June 21st
Rnd 2 June 28th
Rnd 3 August 5th
Rnd 4 August 12th
Rnd 5 August 19th
Rnd 6 August 26th

Finals Week 1 - September 2nd
Finals Week 1 - September 9th
Finals Week 1 - September 16th

AFL to return in June.

What are out options assuming we have a 10-11 week window with first game in June 7th?

Could we see a 6 round D4 season and a top 4 finals series?

My Thoughts
June 7th - Lightning Rnd 1 - 2 venues - 3 teams at each venue. 15 minute quarters. 6 games (3 x Senior, 3 x Reserve)
June 14th - Lightning Rnd 2 - 2 venues - 3 teams at each venue. 15 minute quarters. 6 games (3 x Senior, 3 x Reserve)

Lightning Rounds Results
Top Ranked Team (Snrs + Ressies) - 8 premiership points
2nd Ranked Team (Snrs + Ressies) - 4 premiership points
2nd Ranked Team (Snrs + Ressies) - 2 premiership points

Season Propper
Rnd 1 June 21st
Rnd 2 June 28th
Rnd 3 August 5th
Rnd 4 August 12th
Rnd 5 August 19th
Rnd 6 August 26th

Finals Week 1 - September 2nd
Finals Week 1 - September 9th
Finals Week 1 - September 16th
Interesting concept but I highly doubt local footy will come back at the same time as the AFL. We won’t be playing until the public gatherings laws are relaxed.

I’m hearing the vafa looking at a div 4 hub to get the season going.
BHN we’re looking good with decent numbers on the track and few handy recruits.

I heard a rumour that a certain veteran BHN backman was returning for one more crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back