Division 4 2024 Thread

Glorfindel

Team Captain
Dec 12, 2022
AFL Club
Tasmania
Any others closeish with lower grades? EFNL is attractive as it pays (student so anything - even just rego paid for - helps).

I wouldn’t expect too much.
Unless the club is really struggling for numbers (and Surrey is NOT one of them) they’ll want rego unless your footballing resume can convince them you’re a walk up start to the 1s and it’s going to be worth their while to cover your fees.
Can’t speak for Nunawading, but none of the ressies at Surrey get paid so it’s worth considering that as well if you’re unsure of your playing level.
Once you factor in pre-season, getting to training & games, club functions etc I reckon only 15-20% of all the EFNL registered players make it through the year in the black.

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Any others closeish with lower grades? EFNL is attractive as it pays (student so anything - even just rego paid for - helps).
If you're a student at Swinburne, (seems like you might be) why don't you try the Swinburne Razorbacks. You'd be playing with other students who would have a lot in common with what you will be going through and you would expand your group of friends outside your classmates and you won't have to travel far for training.

schmiddi18

Senior List
Nov 28, 2023
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you're a student at Swinburne, (seems like you might be) why don't you try the Swinburne Razorbacks. You'd be playing with other students who would have a lot in common with what you will be going through and you would expand your group of friends outside your classmates and you won't have to travel far for training.
I'm not a student at Swinburne but they are relatively close to me. Kew would be the only side closer but they look pretty stacked. I guess now I have to decide between EFNL Div 3 or 4 or VAFA - both have some perks and downsides.

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
I'm not a student at Swinburne but they are relatively close to me. Kew would be the only side closer but they look pretty stacked. I guess now I have to decide between EFNL Div 3 or 4 or VAFA - both have some perks and downsides.
If that's the case and you choose EFNL then Whitehorse Pioneers or Nunawading would be your best bet. Whitehorse are stronger and have new clubrooms. Nunawading are only 1 Km further on and really need players. You would be welcomed with open arms there, but don't expect to win many games. Both clubs are in Div 4.

schmiddi18

Senior List
Nov 28, 2023
AFL Club
Collingwood
If that's the case and you choose EFNL then Whitehorse Pioneers or Nunawading would be your best bet. Whitehorse are stronger and have new clubrooms. Nunawading are only 1 Km further on and really need players. You would be welcomed with open arms there, but don't expect to win many games. Both clubs are in Div 4.
Thanks for that. Will reach out to the clubs and see what happens.

Back