D4 Division 4 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eley Park Vs Masala Reserves games called off today in last quarter due to disgraceful conduct by Masala players.
Eley Park player was punched multiple times whilst defenceless on the ground.
A dark day for the Vafa and the division
Not good. It must've been pretty out of control for the decision to be made to call off the game. The scoreline makes it seem all the more unnecessary ...

Eley Park Vs Masala Reserves games called off today in last quarter due to disgraceful conduct by Masala players.
Eley Park player was punched multiple times whilst defenceless on the ground.
A dark day for the Vafa and the division

Against Albert Park the exact same thing happened during the third quarter. Multiple instances were their players targeted certain players with punches and cheap shots. Multiple cards and should have been more. Concerning that their coach encourages this behaviour and asked their players to target certain Albert Park guys.

Every game has had multiple guys sent off for fighting. They shouldn't be out there.

I know that there was a complaint put into the VAFA and there was vision from the Albert Park game which they could have viewed. Concerning that this has happened again and worried about why the VAFA hasn't acted.

Everyone who saw the incident said it was the worst thing they’d ever seen on a football field. The lack of remorse shown from the player and some of his teammates was also disgusting.

There was no option but to cancel the game, the 1s game almost didn’t go ahead either due to fears for players safety.

Eley Park player sustained a severe concussion and broken arm (trying to defend himself)

The VAFA needs to conduct a serious investigation, such a disgraceful act can’t be accepted.

Everyone who saw the incident said it was the worst thing they’d ever seen on a football field. The lack of remorse shown from the player and some of his teammates was also disgusting.

There was no option but to cancel the game, the 1s game almost didn’t go ahead either due to fears for players safety.

Eley Park player sustained a severe concussion and broken arm (trying to defend himself)

The VAFA needs to conduct a serious investigation, such a disgraceful act can’t be accepted.
Sounds like a police report should be filed.

The vafa can't be silent on this. They have contributed to this like below example.

They asked the umpire to withdraw a report in the middle of the year when a masala reserves player was sent off. They deemed "sitting out on the bench for the remainder of the match" was punishment enough for fighting on the field (yellow) and while off with yellow fighting again on the bench (red).

Sad to hear reports of such behaviour from Masala players. In the past, all games I attended as a volunteer and spectator were played in good spirits. I sure hope something can be done about this - shocking stuff really and just sad

The vafa can't be silent on this. They have contributed to this like below example.

They asked the umpire to withdraw a report in the middle of the year when a masala reserves player was sent off. They deemed "sitting out on the bench for the remainder of the match" was punishment enough for fighting on the field (yellow) and while off with yellow fighting again on the bench (red).
Shocking stuff! If there's been a pattern of behaviour, and the club have done nothing they should be met with the harshest of penalties from the VAFA..

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will be interesting when this assualt makes the papers. Society doesn't stand for this behaviour, why should a club continue to allow it and the VAFA sweep it away. This happens in any division above d2 and we will have already had a press release and proactivness from the VAFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi All,
Just thought I'd chime in to correct some false statements being made in this forum about the incident in the Reserves Masala vs Eley Park game.
I've watched the video and it is absolutely 100% clear from the vision that the Eley Park player started the fight by running out of his way to push a Masala player in the back, the two players then grabbed each other at which point the Eley Park player threw the first punch connecting with the Masala players eye so hard that the Eley Park player broke his hand. Only then did another Masala player jump in to hit the Eley Park player at which point the Masala player who was originally hit and was clearly concussed and lucky to be still standing had a brain explosion and punched him a few more times.
I don't condone the Masala players going over the top with the retaliation, but the facts have to be stated.

I also know that even though they didn't start the fight, Masala has suspended the 2 players involved for the remainder of the season including any finals the club plays. This will hurt them as they're probably the best to players in the ressies.

There's no place for violence in footy.

Last edited:
Hi All,
Just thought I'd chime in to correct some false statements being made in this forum about the incident in the Reserves Masala vs Eley Park game.
I've watched the video and it is absolutely 100% clear from the vision that the Eley Park player started the fight by running out of his way to push a Masala player in the back, the two players then grabbed each other at which point the Eley Park player threw the first punch connecting with the Masala players eye so hard that the Eley Park player broke his hand. Only then did another Masala player jump in to hit the Eley Park player at which point the Masala player who was originally hit and was clearly concussed and lucky to be still standing had a brain explosion and punched him a few more times.
I don't condone the Masala players going over the top with the retaliation, but the facts have to be stated.

I also know that even though they didn't start the fight, Masala has suspended the 2 players involved for the remainder of the season including any finals the club plays. This will hurt them as they're probably the best to players in the ressies.

Disco, can you provide your commentry on Masala players cowardly and unprovoked attacks the week before against Albert Park and why the suspension wasn't imposed after that game?

If masala don't stand for violence in the game why were they allowed to play the following week?

Hi All,

Hi All,

You have to be kidding mate…
How the hell does someone break their arm throwing a punch?? No breaks in the hand or knuckle either?? I hope you have consulted a medical professional before making this allegation.

To follow on from this, how can you possibly make any type of excuse for the Masala player punching the Eley Park player whilst he was on the ground? A brain explosion??? Turn it up. It was a disgusting cowardly act.
The Concussion couldn’t of been very severe going by his ability to land punches to the Eley Park players head. Can’t remember seeing him receive any medical attention after the game either and he looked pretty happy leaving the ground too.

You have to be kidding mate…
How the hell does someone break their arm throwing a punch?? No breaks in the hand or knuckle either?? I hope you have consulted a medical professional before making this allegation.

To follow on from this, how can you possibly make any type of excuse for the Masala player punching the Eley Park player whilst he was on the ground? A brain explosion??? Turn it up. It was a disgusting cowardly act.
The Concussion couldn’t of been very severe going by his ability to land punches to the Eley Park players head. Can’t remember seeing him receive any medical attention after the game either and he looked pretty happy leaving the ground too.
There's no excuse for punching someone whilst they were on the ground. He is has no recollection of doing so as he had blacked out from the first punch. He is very remorseful and has accepted the club imposed season ban.

However, people on this forum knowingly omitted the fact that the Eley Park player went out of his way to start the altercation AND threw the first punch which was an absolute haymaker. The video evidence is extremely clear on this. In relation to his broken hand, the video shows that there's no other way that his right hand could have been broken. Its also very common for people to break their hand when punching (this is why fighters wrap their hands and wrists), especially if they are untrained.

Masala has a strict anti-striking policy. Any player who strikes for whatever reason is immediately suspended for the season, and we can prove that this has been enforced.

Disco, can you provide your commentry on Masala players cowardly and unprovoked attacks the week before against Albert Park and why the suspension wasn't imposed after that game?

If masala don't stand for violence in the game why were they allowed to play the following week?
A Masala player received a club imposed season ban following the Albert Park game for contravening our anti-striking policy. The VAFA gave him 2 weeks, however Masala felt that this was not sufficient. That player has not played since.

There's no excuse for punching someone whilst they were on the ground. He is has no recollection of doing so as he had blacked out from the first punch. He is very remorseful and has accepted the club imposed season ban.

However, people on this forum knowingly omitted the fact that the Eley Park player went out of his way to start the altercation AND threw the first punch which was an absolute haymaker. The video evidence is extremely clear on this. In relation to his broken hand, the video shows that there's no other way that his right hand could have been broken. Its also very common for people to break their hand when punching (this is why fighters wrap their hands and wrists), especially if they are untrained.

Masala has a strict anti-striking policy. Any player who strikes for whatever reason is immediately suspended for the season, and we can prove that this has been enforced.

Well your bottom line is false. Against AP the following incidents happened and resulted in Yellowcards for striking.

1) player spat and fought throwing strikes. Yellow card. Played next game against AP.

2) player is sent off for striking. Yellow card. Is then red carded for fighting on the bench. Still remains.

These incidents are the only ones that have been carded. With many more occuring in melees.

Please don't give us some big policy of no striking no playing to try and save face now.

Well your bottom line is false. Against AP the following incidents happened and resulted in Yellowcards for striking.

1) player spat and fought throwing strikes. Yellow card. Played next game against AP.

2) player is sent off for striking. Yellow card. Is then red carded for fighting on the bench. Still remains.

These incidents are the only ones that have been carded. With many more occuring in melees.

Please don't give us some big policy of no striking no playing to try and save face now.
I'm not sure who you are talking about in your 1st and 2nd point, but I can confirm that there have been 2 instances of striking that we are aware of and on both occasions, relevant players were suspended for the season.

Masala has invested in a camera system to ensure that we don't miss anything and has gone well above and beyond VAFA suspensions, so rest assured that we are doing absolutely everything we can to ensure a safe and fair playing environment.

I'm not sure who you are talking about in your 1st and 2nd point, but I can confirm that there have been 2 instances of striking that we are aware of and on both occasions, relevant players were suspended for the season.

Masala has invested in a camera system to ensure that we don't miss anything and has gone well above and beyond VAFA suspensions, so rest assured that we are doing absolutely everything we can to ensure a safe and fair playing environment.
2 instances of striking is enough to suggest it's a club or team culture issue (reserves). Hope Masala can turn it around and hope the VAFA investigate further.
It's good to see Masala have taken action against those players but it seems like it'll just be a different player next time. Hope I'm wrong

Bottom line here is that it appears that A Park/Masala have reserve umpires that are happy to send off players for striking using a Yellow Card which is supposed to be used for audible obscenities. This means No Reports go in to the VAFA.
EYE thinks that is pissweak and common with many club umpires.
Umpires happy to accept the $$ but not the responsibility.
Paid reserves umpires/volunteers need to do it properly or not at all.
YOU ARE CAUSING YOUR OWN PROBLEMS WITH CRAP CULTURE!

ENTER ELEY PARK this week after Albert Park the previous and more of the same.

Have scanned the tribunal 2022 page on the VAFA website and no Masala players appear to have been suspended except for last week.

THE EYE
:huh:

Interesting that you have forgotten about the red card that was given for striking in game two. All to convenient.

Bottom line here is that it appears that A Park/Masala have reserve umpires that are happy to send off players for striking using a Yellow Card which is supposed to be used for audible obscenities. This means No Reports go in to the VAFA.
EYE thinks that is pissweak and common with many club umpires.
Umpires happy to accept the $$ but not the responsibility.
Paid reserves umpires/volunteers need to do it properly or not at all.
YOU ARE CAUSING YOUR OWN PROBLEMS WITH CRAP CULTURE!

ENTER ELEY PARK this week after Albert Park the previous and more of the same.

Have scanned the tribunal 2022 page on the VAFA website and no Masala players appear to have been suspended except for last week.

THE EYE
:huh:
Allegedly*

One was red carded for fighting on the bench. The VAFA deemed the remainder of the game as sufficient punishment and asked the umpire to withdraw. The VAFA compliant in this culture issue.

Allegedly*

One was red carded for fighting on the bench. The VAFA deemed the remainder of the game as sufficient punishment and asked the umpire to withdraw. The VAFA compliant in this culture issue.
Extraordinary claim

The VAFA overrides the Independent tribunal you say allegedly?

Asks the umpire to withdraw and he does ... no balls at all.

You say, "One was red carded for fighting on the bench - were there more? Gets worse.

THE EYE
:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back