D4 Division 4 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Are they serious about SFNL next season Ashtrains?
It is a definite that there will be no D4. Old Paradians and Ivanhoe to NFL.
Not sure how serious they are at the moment, but I think it would be a better move for them. Would help them attract more players and spectators as they wouldn't have to travel as far for games.

It might be too late to move next season, but could be a possibility over the next couple of years.

With the likelihood of no D4 next year where does that leave North Brunswick to play next season? Do they by-pass D3 (more often some / most sides they played this year) and go straight to D2?
Stuff that, put them straight into Premier A....

How little has the comp given the grand final winners any attention the past week, we hear more about premier reserves than us division teams.

How little has the comp given the grand final winners any attention the past week, we hear more about premier reserves than us division teams.
Let's be honest to yourselves.

You are division 7 with only 6 clubs in the whole fixture so 4/6 were guaranteed to make finals. If Masala didn't choke in the back end then 5/6 clubs were actually playing finals.

Its an achievement but not really worthy of much gloating about or deserving of attention.

As for the grand finals, BHN 2s did better than I expected but it was disappointing to see ruck machine played out of position as he was in BoG form in the previous 2 finals.

Albert Park matched NB well for majority of the game and keeping Jack Lee to 0 goals was the telling tale.

Looking forward to a 2024 fixture with at least 10 clubs in the division.

You are division 7 with only 6 clubs in the whole fixture so 4/6 were guaranteed to make finals. If Masala didn't choke in the back end then 5/6 clubs were actually playing finals.

Its an achievement but not really worthy of much gloating about or deserving of attention.

As for the grand finals, BHN 2s did better than I expected but it was disappointing to see ruck machine played out of position as he was in BoG form in the previous 2 finals.

Albert Park matched NB well for majority of the game and keeping Jack Lee to 0 goals was the telling tale.

Look at the EFNL's social media, absolute head and shoulders above the VAFA, every division (out of 5) gets a good wrap, including netball

I disagree. I think no matter what division you are in, making and winning finals are a huge achievement and should be acknowledged as such.
Everyone (players and volunteers) work their arse off to field a team and perform each week

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I disagree. I think no matter what division you are in, making and winning finals are a huge achievement and should be acknowledged as such.
Everyone (players and volunteers) work their arse off to field a team and perform each week

The word 'wholeheartedly' needs to go in after disagree in the first sentence.

Just because a club is not in A or B Section doesn't lessen the feat.

They are still a 1st XVIII premiership team and the club has worked hard on and off the field to achieve success, especially after having been relegated at the end of the 2022 season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What chance Eley Park Sharks and Box Hill North joining EFNL in D4.And if they did would they be better off financially,and off on field remembering EFNL it seems is aiming for 5 divisions of 10.

Senior competition should be treated as such. Not as a rutt of the mill comp like it gets treated from this comp.

iDon can we at least get a wrap up analysis of the Grand Finals from you? Have enjoyed your posts this season

Was a good game out there, many probably thought NOBS would have done it with ease. Falcs showed some good fight and really kept the contest going right up until the last few mins of the game.

Nothing really to report, did enjoy the NOBS coach go from 5km/h to 1km/h sprint in about 10m in the last.

What chance Eley Park Sharks and Box Hill North joining EFNL in D4.
Very little, if they have any sense.
And if they did would they be better off financially,and off on field remembering EFNL it seems is aiming for 5 divisions of 10.
Financially: don't know.
On field: worse off - probably very much worse off.
The last D4 side to go across, Mt Lilydale (now North Croydon MLOC) has finished last, second last and last in the three completed seasons they have been in EFNL. Before that Canterbury (now 3rd in D3) came across because they were stuck on the bottom of the EFNL Division 4 (lowest division) ladder after crossing from SFNL.
Off field: don't know, but getting flogged endlessly probably doesn't improve club morale.

The only recognition the Vafa gives in div 4 is when they are jerking off Jack and Sam Lee and letā€™s be real, they are good for Albert park standards but look like chumps when they come up against a stronger outfit.

People like you is why everyone hates Nth Brunswick. Big bad bud on big footy, weak as piss in person

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

People like you is why everyone hates Nth Brunswick. Big bad bud on big footy, weak as piss in person

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
As a neutral supporter, I think BigBadBud has a point though. It was almost cringe worthy listening to the hosts last night talk up the Lee boys like they were the next Gary Ablett.
Plus having a look through the results, I think they barely got a look in against quality sides like NB

Very little, if they have any sense.

Financially: don't know.
On field: worse off - probably very much worse off.
The last D4 side to go across, Mt Lilydale (now North Croydon MLOC) has finished last, second last and last in the three completed seasons they have been in EFNL. Before that Canterbury (now 3rd in D3) came across because they were stuck on the bottom of the EFNL Division 4 (lowest division) ladder after crossing from SFNL.
Off field: don't know, but getting flogged endlessly probably doesn't improve club morale.

Mt Lilydale had no option but to move to survive. They were bottom of VAFA D4 for years, playing miles away from their nearest opponent, out of a school paddock. They are far better off now than they were. Of course, if you are a cellar dwelling team like Mt Lilydale were, you are going to struggle on field after moving leagues for a while, but they are a great example of biting the bullet and being better for it.

As a neutral supporter, I think BigBadBud has a point though. It was almost cringe worthy listening to the hosts last night talk up the Lee boys like they were the next Gary Ablett.
Plus having a look through the results, I think they barely got a look in against quality sides like NB

"As a neutral supporter" who only posts about NB. Settle down.

Was a good game out there, many probably thought NOBS would have done it with ease. Falcs showed some good fight and really kept the contest going right up until the last few mins of the game.

Nothing really to report, did enjoy the NOBS coach go from 5km/h to 1km/h sprint in about 10m in the last.

I was there as a neutral, and thought it was a fantastic game of local footy. AP's big bodies were excellent around the contest in the opening half, and NB were holding up well across Half Back. In fact, there defense was outstanding all day. Long sleeve HB flanker for bulls was everywhere early, there captain was also big at CHB.

It looked as though NB were more dangerous when they went forward, but AP were making it very hard for the Bulls to have meaningful clean entries. Pressure around the ball was intense as you'd expect for a grand final and at half time it was anyone's game.

After half time NB's run and spread was the difference to me. They used the ball better by foot, were able to get overlap, repeat entries and probably should have been 6 or 7 goals up at 3/4 time but missed a number of chances to bury the Falcons.

To AP's credit they fought hard, but NB just had too many winners on the day. All in all a ripping game of D4 footy and i thought the standard was very good, albeit the usual grand final nerves and occasional fumbles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back