D4 Division 4 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

People like you is why everyone hates Nth Brunswick. Big bad bud on big footy, weak as piss in person

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cant agree with this comment. Ive seen alot of divisional VAFA footy and watched alot of NB when they were in D3. They always conduct themselves well. They get good size crowds compared to other clubs, and are always welcoming in the rooms afterwards, and always hang around for a beer at away games (same cant be said for other clubs). They seem to have a great culture.

Was a good game out there, many probably thought NOBS would have done it with ease. Falcs showed some good fight and really kept the contest going right up until the last few mins of the game.

Nothing really to report, did enjoy the NOBS coach go from 5km/h to 1km/h sprint in about 10m in the last.
Don't bother to congratulate us iDon.

Another report to go with it ???, I thought your club was up for a knighthood the way you carry on about other clubs.

Oh and I did enjoy your full forward #44 making injury excuses as to why he didn't get a touch.

Enjoy being promoted... as a loser !

Was a good game out there, many probably thought NOBS would have done it with ease. Falcs showed some good fight and really kept the contest going right up until the last few mins of the game.

Nothing really to report, did enjoy the NOBS coach go from 5km/h to 1km/h sprint in about 10m in the last.

Aren't NOBs (Brunswick) the mob in Div 2?

Don't bother to congratulate us iDon.

Another report to go with it ???, I thought your club was up for a knighthood the way you carry on about other clubs.

Oh and I did enjoy your full forward #44 making injury excuses as to why he didn't get a touch.

Enjoy being promoted... as a loser !

Would you like a play by play to stroke you and your clubs ego?

Stay classy lemon. Top attitude you have there.

As a neutral supporter, I can't imagine NB would need a play by play to stroke their egos. Can't they just look at their premiership medals?

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app
As another neutral supporter, I wouldn't have thought their ego needs stroking either. Beating every team 3 or even 4 times each this year was surely enough for NB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very little, if they have any sense.

Financially: don't know.
On field: worse off - probably very much worse off.
The last D4 side to go across, Mt Lilydale (now North Croydon MLOC) has finished last, second last and last in the three completed seasons they have been in EFNL. Before that Canterbury (now 3rd in D3) came across because they were stuck on the bottom of the EFNL Division 4 (lowest division) ladder after crossing from SFNL.
Off field: don't know, but getting flogged endlessly probably doesn't improve club morale.
Eley Park 1 win for the year and go up to D3 VAFA next season will make it even harder.Not sure there is that bigger difference between D4 VAFA and D4 EFNL.Surely they should be looking at D4 EFNL.

Very little, if they have any sense.

Financially: don't know.
On field: worse off - probably very much worse off.
The last D4 side to go across, Mt Lilydale (now North Croydon MLOC) has finished last, second last and last in the three completed seasons they have been in EFNL. Before that Canterbury (now 3rd in D3) came across because they were stuck on the bottom of the EFNL Division 4 (lowest division) ladder after crossing from SFNL.
Off field: don't know, but getting flogged endlessly probably doesn't improve club morale.
Reports I've heard is that there is nobody left from MT Lilydale, infact, after year 1 the only thing mt lilydale about the club was the name.

Eley would get absolutely destroyed in Div 4 EFNL, I don't think anyone but North Brunswick would be competitive. Croydon North MLOC and Nunawading still pay their players and attract better players than VAFA D4

Reports I've heard is that there is nobody left from MT Lilydale, infact, after year 1 the only thing mt lilydale about the club was the name.

Eley would get absolutely destroyed in Div 4 EFNL, I don't think anyone but North Brunswick would be competitive. Croydon North MLOC and Nunawading still pay their players and attract better players than VAFA D4
Not sure about Nunawading until this season,what is stopping Eley Park paying their players if they join EFNL.

From an orange tsunami fan, congrats to NB for taking out both titles in the division. The best team all year!

Have seen a bit of carry on here and the VAFA Division 4 B N F post from players and fans, no wonder the umps didn't give your players more votes. Bit of favouritism from them I think, the more you get along with them the more votes they give you.

If the rumours are true then I think all clubs will struggle next year in Div 3 if there is a merge, looking at Latrobe and Swinburne who were the best sides in Div 4 last year. The VAFA doesn't care about divisional football, so I hope clubs get out of this horrible league.

Last edited:
From an orange tsunami fan, congrats to NB for taking out both titles in the division. The best team all year!

Have seen a bit of carry on here and the VAFA Division 4 B N F post from players and fans, no wonder the umps didn't give your players more votes. Bit of favouritism from them I think, the more you get along with them the more votes they give you.

If the rumours are true then I think all clubs will struggle next year in Div 3 if there is a merge, looking at Latrobe and Swinburne who were the best sides in Div 4 last year. The VAFA doesn't care about divisional football, so I hope clubs get out of this horrible league.

LTU's leading goal kicker with 70 odd in D4 got poached for cash

Mt Lilydale had no option but to move to survive. They were bottom of VAFA D4 for years, playing miles away from their nearest opponent, out of a school paddock. They are far better off now than they were. Of course, if you are a cellar dwelling team like Mt Lilydale were, you are going to struggle on field after moving leagues for a while, but they are a great example of biting the bullet and being better for it.
Good reason to move. I should have made it clearer that I didn't intend my comment as a backhanded sledge of North Croydon. There's reasons for moving other than seeking on field success (less travel, wanting to pay players), but these would not seem to apply to BHN or Eley Park. Travel is certainly less of an issue for them - they are quite central by VAFA standards.

what is stopping Eley Park paying their players if they join EFNL.
Don't know their financial situation but I don't think they'd have the coin to do it - or not enough to attract and keep players good enough to make a difference.

Really, it has been a massive effort for Eley Park to survive and keep fielding two sides each week. They are in an area where interest in footy is pretty low (Box Hill, which has large numbers of first generation migrants) and an identity problem (they are named after a football ground no one has ever heard of, and don't play there anyway). I would expect that they would have trouble attracting enough sponsors or supporters to keep going at all, let alone generate the money to pay players.

One option I think is worth exploring is Eley Park merging with South Yarra SFNL. (For anyone not across SFNL, South Yarra play not that far away in North Balwyn and went 'into recess' mid way through the 2023 season). Combining and choosing a more relevant name (North Balwyn?) might give them more strength (better numbers) and a bit more local buy in (players, supporters, sponsors).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back