Division of Indi - Mirabella / McGowan

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain to me the concept of 'conceding defeat'? I've never quite grasped it. What is the point?
Neither have I, along with "claiming victory" for that matter.

Good on him I say. Sophie will be a brilliant board member. She is a lawyer (so knows everything) and was to be the industry minister until plain bad luck deposited her outside Parliament with only her pension (and wits) to live on. Furthermore, as prospective industry minister she was on the record as being against Government handout to industry. As a board member of ASC I am sure she will assist the company to privatise and raise a nice little one-off earner for all of us (and her). And then ASC can sink like its erstwhile product.

Because she is a vindictive disgusting piece of human filth
Putting to one side what you think of her, thinking that you can use a public admission of pork barrelling as a positive in a debate is just staggering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting to one side what you think of her, thinking that you can use a public admission of pork barrelling as a positive in a debate is just staggering.
She's the sort of person who thinks putting her opponents down somehow puts her up. She never gets out of that binary way of thinking (like a fair few on BF!). In her head she thinks it's a winner for her that she had lined up $10M which McGowan didn't get. She doesn't see it as $10M that Wangaratta didn't get, nor as if she is acting like a thug. It's just the game of 'us' v 'them'.

She's the sort of person who thinks putting her opponents down somehow puts her up. She never gets out of that binary way of thinking (like a fair few on BF!). In her head she thinks it's a winner for her that she had lined up $10M which McGowan didn't get. She doesn't see it as $10M that Wangaratta didn't get, nor as if she is acting like a thug. It's just the game of 'us' v 'them'.
All she has done, in effect, is rubbish the people of Indi by saying they are only worthy of the funding if they vote Liberal.

Just looking her on wiki to remind myself of what she did and came across the following "In 1995, she began a live-in relationship with Colin Howard, then dean of law at Melbourne University, who was forty years her senior. The relationship ended in 2001, although they remained close until his death in 2011. Her relationship with Howard was later the subject of a bitter dispute between Mirabella and Howard's adult children. Mirabella heldpower of attorney over Howard's affairs from approximately 2007, and pursuant to his 1997 will was executor and solebeneficiary of his estate following his death in 2011.[5][6]"

What a malicious, evil person. She had a relationship with someone 40 years her senior for 6 years . When he passed 10 years after they separated she obviously tried to screw his children out of their inheritance.

What a malicious, evil person. She had a relationship with someone 40 years her senior for 6 years . When he passed 10 years after they separated she obviously tried to screw his children out of their inheritance.
Oh yes, she is a special type of horrible

Susan Ley states "neither I, nor my department, is aware of any public commitment to give Wangaratta Hospital $10 million."

This is the sort of weaselly statement that gets me, of course there was no "public" commitment, we know that. If there was it would be a matter of public record. If there was any doubt before, it's the weasel words she used convince me that there was indeed an agreement for the funding that was withdrawn just to spite the voters of that electorate.

If I was living in that electorate and undecided that would be enough to put me off Mirrabella.

Does anyone believe her though? You announce finding like that in an election campaign, not immediatley after one. Not that she ever did anything for the seat anyway. But the fact she thought that saying this would help her cause... She's truly reptilian.

I loved this quote from the article:

"Mirabella said she had been defamed by a local newspaper, the Benalla Ensign, which this week reported that Mirabella “very publicly pushed” McGowan out of the way to prevent her from being photographed with the assistant health minister, Ken Wyatt, during a recent event at an aged care facility. Mirabella has emphatically denied the report.

McGowan’s campaign had issued a statement saying the Mirabella had “intervened” to stop the photograph, but did not mention whether there was any physical contact."

As if that absolves anything and makes her any less petty.

Every pore on her body oozes evil.

We're coming to terms with the genius of Howard when looking at the present day Liberal Party. Odious turds like Mirabella have always existed in the party, but he kept them at bay, under Abbott, these creatures saw a green light to go as hard as they could, thus exposing the ugly underbelly of the party. It might cost them government.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back