Trewth

shootin from the lip
Mar 21, 2011
amongst the rabble
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Knicks, Canucks, Raiders, St Pauli
Didnt we have a continuous 4 weeks injury to a player in 2014, took about 15? I cant remember the player and it could have been 2013. Redden or a big bloke rings a bell.

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Doesn't sound too severe. The bloke himself reckons it's "just a clean out" and that he'll be back running in 2 weeks
image.png

The miscalculation of Polecs injury speaks to the nature of said injury. It was almost impossible to predict.

Also 1 incident =/= a track record.

It's like my kids when they say "but he ALWAYS gets to play on the iPad. I NEVER get to", not even 10 minutes after they'd been playing on the iPad.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Didnt we have a continuous 4 weeks injury to a player in 2014, took about 15? I cant remember the player and it could have been 2013. Redden or a big bloke rings a bell.
REH sort of answers the question. We are all trying to scratch our heads remembering one occasion, yet suddenly we have a "track record" of doing it??o_O

I seem to recall an in-joke here about a particular pattern of giving everything a time frame of "2 weeks".

Maybe that's led to the idea of there being a "long track record".
I dunno, I'm just spitballin' here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R_Gray_Jnr_Jnr

All Australian
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus
so maybe he wasn't "carrying on like a pork chop at training" Boaky. Ended up needing an arthroscopy.

Anyways he'll be fine, routine surgery. 6 goals v the Saints Rd 1. JUVE

so maybe he wasn't "carrying on like a pork chop at training" Boaky. Ended up needing an arthroscopy.

Anyways he'll be fine, routine surgery. 6 goals v the Saints Rd 1. JUVE

Different training day and other knee to boot.

bacharach

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Burgess and Dr Larkin on 5AA re Charlie's knee. Burgess said he had a bit of the meniscus removed (rather than stitched back together) and that he should be back running after 3 - said he may come back for NAB or R1 depending on the recovery. Larkin said that removing the cartilage it is much less recovery than stitching back up.

Burgo also said something to the effect that Charlie's almost due for a week off as he's gone through a really tough 5 weeks.

I believe it's Jasper Pittard you're thinking of.
Nope Pittard was only out for 6 weeks in 2013. This was a lot longer. I'm pretty sure it was a big bloke and it went for months.

I seem to recall an in-joke here about a particular pattern of giving everything a time frame of "2 weeks".

Maybe that's led to the idea of there being a "long track record".
I dunno, I'm just spitballin' here.
yep it happened one year. I'm thinking 2014 but it might have been 2013 and one bloke just went on and on.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The club does play its cards close the the chest when it comes to injuries. Often not mentioning them at all until after the event. I have no problem with that, part of the mind games of professional sport I guess.

1 example?

To be fair, burgoynes knee, wingards knee, lobbes quad injury.

We also have had a few thay were "6 weeks" for like three weeks. Can't remember who though.

Last edited:

bacharach

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just because a player is listed out for x weeks and he then goes on to exceed those weeks doesn't necessarily mean the club is keeping people in the dark.

I'm guessing with many injuries that the recovery time depends very much on the individual which simply can't be predicted to the exact week. In fact i faintly remember a player or 2 coming back a bit earlier than expected.

I believe the club might keep niggles in the dark (to maybe prevent the op from smashing players where it hurts) and take their time publicising injuries, but IMO I don't think they go out to bullshit us fans.

jack_black16

Club Legend
May 11, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Chads knee went from 4 weeks to about 8 i reckon. Sometimes injuries don't take the expected time to heal, ok! tin foil hatters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back