NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
AFL Member so all clubs I guess.
Is a 2021 Djokovic Grand Slam a mere formality now?

Beaten Nadal on Clay. Aside from getting Covid mid tournament, is there anybody/anything that can realistically stop him getting the French/Wimbledon/US Open titles?

I must admit there are others I prefer watching but by the end of the year he should be on 21 slams and still going strong.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Is a 2021 Djokovic Grand Slam a mere formality now?

Beaten Nadal on Clay. Aside from getting Covid mid tournament, is there anybody/anything that can realistically stop him getting the French/Wimbledon/US Open titles?

I must admit there are others I prefer watching but by the end of the year he should be on 21 slams and still going strong.
The final at the French is no given. Novak has been tested far harder than Stefo in the last 2 weeks. Berrettini, Musetti and of course, Nadal.

He should win at Wimbledon. But perhaps all the tennis he has played in the last 3 weeks could catch him. he was a TB away from losing to Taylor Fritz at the Aus Open. perhaps he might have lost that if the crowd, which was giving it to him, had stayed and he didn't get a break to risk that injury he had. Shorter break this year.

US Open. The slow hard court has shown an ability to throw up surprises at the end of the year. Cilic, Del Porto, Thiem.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Depends what Federer offers at Wimbledon. Literally been training, conditioning for this. Expecting Novak to up his level.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Grand Slams are never a given. If they were, Nadal should have dominated the French Open. With Nadal out of Wimbledon, Federer is the biggest threat to Novak, but of course Novak starts a strong favourite. In all my years of watching tennis though, Wimbledon throws up the biggest upsets of any of the grand slams. I think there are some younger players who have caught up to Novak's all court game, but so far they haven't caught up to his mental toughness. It's his biggest weapon and the best in the history of the game.

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
There seems to be a problem with the centre court. Players slip sliding around. It's cost Serena dearly already.

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's 3 all in the 5th and they're going to stop the game because it's 11:00. what a joke. The crowd boos.
Me too.

RoweyThePainter

Club Legend
May 17, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's 3 all in the 5th and they're going to stop the game because it's 11:00. what a joke. The crowd boos.
Me too.

It was a known curfew time. Both can only blame themselves for not wrapping it up earlier.

Also who cares. It's round 1 and as usual Nick has to pull out all stops and go thru an "epic" just to (maybe) get thru to round 2.

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I cared because there I was in the wee hours without a result. God knows Nick tried to wrap it up. The 4th which he won 6-1, lasted little over 30mins.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Imagine potentially costing yourself the most slams ever simply by being scared of a little jab....

Will be interesting to see what happens at the French. Reckon he will be able to play but I'd still back Nadal to win the French.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
He would stand a better chance or surpassing Nadal and Federer at Wimbledon and Flushing meadow, but he will probably need to get himself vaccinated to compete

Back