Current DNA finds "Le Grêlé" (The Pockmarked) One of France’s most notorious child killers was a police officer

Remove this Banner Ad

Pamcake1

Senior List
Dec 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I've gone back and replaced the Reddit link with the title of the Reddit thread only.
And warned readers of this thread about the validity of the rest of the info in that Reddit thread, based on your advice.
Thx.
Suggest you follow suite with removing the Reddit link from your quote of my post :)
Merci.
Au revoir.
Done.

Pamcake1

Senior List
Dec 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
And lastly I will posit here that back in the 90's there was a poor Australian girl who was murdered in Paris and dumped in a sleeping bag in the banlieue. This murder as far as I know has never been solved. A bientot.(see you later) [/QUOTE]

With a bit of googling I have found the murder that I remembered it was New Years Eve in Paris 2001, Jeannette O'Keefe, 28, from Melbourne.
It was solved. By DNA once the French got going on the DNA data base which was 2005-06 they solved it. He was sentenced to 30 years.

Last edited:

Pamcake1

Senior List
Dec 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
The French investigators also see that there is a 3 year gap between his last known murder and the date he wwrote in his suicide note:

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've tried the translation, it's not great but not as hilariously bad as Chinese translations.

Wanted for 35 years, François Vérove was identified as "Le Grêlé", a serial killer raging in the 80s and 90s in the Paris region. A former gendarme, he was identified by DNA comparison and is suspected of having committed three murders and two rapes. Age 59, the former soldier killed himself on the night of Tuesday to Wednesday, cornered by the instruction, who suspecting a former member of the police, had summoned 750 gendarmes stationed at the time of the facts.

But, if François Vérove is dead, the investigation continues. Indeed, the DNA of the man has been found at several crime scenes. He is thus strongly suspected of having committed three murders and two rapes. In 1986, he allegedly raped and killed Cécile, an 11-year-old girl, found dead in the basement of her building in Paris. He is also suspected of having strangled a couple, still in the capital.

We may be able to achieve other things "- Christian Flaesch, former director of the judicial police
To retrace 35 years of criminal history, searches were carried out at his home, his relative questioned. The judicial police "will therefore start from the course of the identity that we know of this person who has families, an environment of which we know a certain number of points" , explains Christian Flaesch, former director of the Paris judicial police and commissioner in the criminal brigade from 1983 to 1988 . "We will be able to do research on his bank account, his digital data and perhaps lead to other things," he adds.

Because, if in these cases, the DNA of François Vérove was found, other clues, such as his modus operandi, cast doubt on other murders and unsolved rapes. Like Karine L. was killed in 1994 in Meaux, when she was 19 years old. At the time, investigators were convinced they were dealing with a former police officer or gendarme.

"He presents himself as a gendarme or policeman saying 'you are following me, you have broken the law' , so that's the first clue. The second clue is that he's behaving like someone There is also the way in which he ties up his victims , which are reminiscent of techniques that one learns in the armed forces, of security ", summarizes Me Didier Seban, lawyer of victims of" Hail ".

Towards the discovery of "cold cases"?
Other "cold cases" could be attributed to the serial killer. In his letter of confession , written before he committed suicide, the former gendarme claims to have committed no more crimes from 1997, when the last murder attributed to him took place in 1994.

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Before committing suicide, "Le Grêlé" left a letter in which he confessed his crimes. A killer with a confusing and complex profile for experts.
Posted on October 2, 2021 at 4:03 am, updated on October 2, 2021 at 7:50 am

A city councilor serial killer. In these photos
(group photo above), François Vérove appears with other candidates on the same list. We are in 2014, he lives in the town of Prades-le-Lez, north of Montpellier, in this architect's house, built on the heights of the village.

We found the one who was then mayor of the town and who had welcomed the ex-gendarme into his team. He currently says he is bewildered. François Vérove will therefore have blurred all tracks for 35 years. Initially, he was a gendarme then became a police officer. In the 80s, he was particularly suspected of the murder of little Cécile Bloch, 11, killed in the basement of her Parisian building, raped and stabbed.

In total, investigators evoke five crimes. In the mid-90s, François Vérove then changed his behavior. This policeman was his union official. He saw each other every week. He was transferred to another post, then headed for the South of France. A new life, until settling in La Grande-Motte where he lived in recent years in this district. Her neighbor still doesn't realize. François Vérove was 59 years old. married, he was the father of two children.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad