Do Bradburys really count?

Remove this Banner Ad

That Collingwood won flags following the war years is actually remarkable given the number of their players that died during the war effort
How many compared to Melbourne and Richmond?
I think your issues with our flags have more to do with who our opponents were for the majority and less to do with the circumstances in which they were won.

Yes similarly in that they missed seasons during war time.

…for completely different reasons, the latter of which had nothing to do with GFC’s contribution the the ‘war effort’

Why would I mention those teams when I'm denigrating your s**t truck organisation

Exactly. You’re too busy engaging in your usual But but Collingwooding

their pissweak efforts to achieve success in the living memory of 80% of the Australian population

And here you are again hoist by your own petard, because you credit Geelol for making finals 15 out of the last 16 years even though they only won 1 GF over the last 10 season

despite (so they tell us) being the biggest club in the land

We claim to be the biggest because we are. You claim to be the greatest because… you make finals consistently, while denigrating other teams who do that better

And just to underline your hypocrisy, denigrate - the word you chose to describe your posts - means to defame or criticize unfairly

Which is exactly what you are doing to all the people who served but didn’t die - just so you can score some cheap points on an Internet forum :$

Yes similarly in that they missed seasons during war time.

Why would I mention those teams when I'm denigrating your s**t truck organisation and their pissweak efforts to achieve success in the living memory of 80% of the Australian population despite (so they tell us) being the biggest club in the land :$
Because all Sav does is deflect deflect deflect and talk about anything else other than fave Pies failures

Dude you’ve been deflecting since the day you signed up here 😂 during which time Carltank have played checks notes 0 finals

Solid melt Sav 😂

Sorry, forgot that you don’t like facts

Melbourne won 1 flag prior to WW1 and 11 after it/WW2, and 1 in recent times

So by the logic being presented here, they’re the biggest coward flogs in the history of footy 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
…for completely different reasons, the latter of which had nothing to do with GFC’s contribution the the ‘war effort’

Exactly. You’re too busy engaging in your usual But but Collingwooding

And here you are again hoist by your own petard, because you credit Geelol for making finals 15 out of the last 16 years even though they only won 1 GF over the last 10 season

We claim to be the biggest because we are. You claim to be the greatest because… you make finals consistently, while denigrating other teams who do that better

And just to underline your hypocrisy, denigrate - the word you chose to describe your posts - means to defame or criticize unfairly

Which is exactly what you are doing to all the people who served but didn’t die - just so you can score some cheap points on an Internet forum :$

Oh dear that is quite a solid melt, Spreaders :$

I think someone's mad that despite being the "biggest" club in the land, there are only two flags (lol and 3 spoons) in 65 years :)

It's OK. You're really far ahead of the comp this year. You're going to add another flag:

2023-08-18 13_22_09-BigFooty.jpg

Collingwood will put the cue in the rack and Brisbane will win tonight, setting the Wobbles into motion.

Enjoy it, Mrs MacGregor ;)

Oh dear that is quite a solid melt, Spreaders :$

I think someone's mad that despite being the "biggest" club in the land, there are only two flags (lol and 3 spoons) in 65 years :)

It's OK. You're really far ahead of the comp this year. You're going to add another flag:

View attachment 1777423

Collingwood will put the cue in the rack and Brisbane will win tonight, setting the Wobbles into motion.

Enjoy it, Mrs MacGregor ;)
Cool we made the finals, watch out here come the Tigers...oh hang on:think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Oh hang on, the Tigers didn't make it"

- how it's ended most years for the past 40
Except when were lucky enough to play Geelong in finals then its.
Article-Image.png

Not every team needs to clog the finals year after year solely on the back of cheat ground wins like the Cats, why so needy?

That's a bloody good point. I reckon we could get Robbo ranting on about it on 360 with enough encouragement. That's my mission for the next 6 months.

The only draft the Wobblers don't dodge is the AFL National Draft.

#CollingwoodDraftDodgers
Alternatively the army could bayonet Robbo on the MCG on ANZAC day to show the kiddies the benefits horrors of war.

Just a thought.

Except when were lucky enough to play Geelong in finals then its.
Article-Image.png

Not every team needs to clog the finals year after year solely on the back of cheat ground wins like the Cats, why so needy?

3 flags that nobody respects and 40 years of irrelevance otherwise. Incredible.

While we are at it, what about teams who have never backed up their flag, should they really count? :think:

If you've never gone b2b then get the hell out of this fred!

If Bradbury's don't count then we had a threepeat at best or b2b at worst.

How's the game?

3 flags that nobody respects and 40 years of irrelevance
I do understand our flag against the cats might lack respect, Finals and Richmond are a combination that doesn't sit well with Geelong, so that one was pretty much a given.

Respect is a funny thing it really only matters when it comes from someone you yourself respect.

I do understand our flag against the cats might lack respect, Finals and Richmond are a combination that doesn't sit well with Geelong, so that one was pretty much a given.

Respect is a funny thing it really only matters when it comes from someone you yourself respect.

There are so few recent examples, I'm not sure how you can draw that conclusion - perhaps 4 or 5 in the last 40 years? Geelong have been playing finals for most of that period so...not sure what the hold up has been 😏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back