Do Geelong have the best home ground advantage in the AFL?

GMHBA fixturing is a…

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Falcon bumping a Geelong whinge thread, shocked to be sitting here.

Firstly I’m not Falcon.

Secondly, I didn’t bump the thread. I made one without realising there was already one similar to this. The mods merged it.

Got inspiration from the other fixture thread and people were discussing GMHBA. Thought it needed a proper poll.

Geelong doesn't have an unfair advantage, what is unfair is that extra travel is only undertaken by teams outside Melbourne.

So games in Tassie, Ballarat, Geelong, Cairns, etc are only visited by the home team (Nth/ Hawks/ Dogs/ St Kilda) and a non-vic club.

Every interstate club can fly to Adelaide direct, but only the Melbourne clubs have direct access to the regional venues.

In the case of Alphabet stadium, Melbourne clubs don't play there enough for it to be any more unfair than those other venues mentioned.

Get rid of regional venues for Melbourne clubs - that is the only thing that is unfair.

Put a Ballarat team in if you need to play regional vic, might sound funny now but with 19 clubs in the comp and heaps of regional vic players it will be a good option in a few years.

We need a bit of luck like Richmond and hope for another pandemic to hit the world right now so the season can be cut short by 5 weeks and have the quarters reduced so it greatly helps out the older legs.

Except we were known for grinding down teams after poor starts. So it made it harder for us especially away from the MCG.

You also got to the GF that year. So yeah.

Except we were known for grinding down teams after poor starts. So it made it harder for us especially away from the MCG.

You also got to the GF that year. So yeah.

Nah, the shortened quarters and weeks gave you the edge after three taxing years of being at the top. You needed it and you got it.
It's what the Cats could do with right now.

Back