Do Melbourne need to change training habits or the ground they train on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With the amount of foot and stress related injuries Melbourne have had over the years, is there something wrong with the way they are training or is the ground they train on too hard? Hogan stress reaction in the navicular, viney two stress related foot injuries, Tom mcdonald foot injury, tim smith navicular injury, Trengove multiple foot injuries. I’m sure there’s more, but surely this can’t just be a coincidence with most other teams having maximum 1/2 foot injuries

The Melbourne FC train mostly on Gosch's Paddock-- same location as the Melbourne Storm, Melbourne Rebels & Melbourne Victory.

From my varying knowledge of those other clubs/codes I don't think any of them get excessive foot injuries compared to other clubs in their respective codes.

It may be the WAY they are training, but I think it's unlikely that you can blame the training ground when it is used by so many different sporting organisations.

With the amount of foot and stress related injuries Melbourne have had over the years, is there something wrong with the way they are training or is the ground they train on too hard? Hogan stress reaction in the navicular, viney two stress related foot injuries, Tom mcdonald foot injury, tim smith navicular injury, Trengove multiple foot injuries. I’m sure there’s more, but surely this can’t just be a coincidence with most other teams having maximum 1/2 foot injuries
Add Garland and Grimes.

And people bitched about us wanting a new facility at Yarra Park...

Add Billy Stretch (out for the season with a stress fracture in his toe) to that list as well.

Club investigated this issue earlier this year (https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...s/news-story/27107eca7dd3002079bfecac6de3cf87)

Would love an answer to this one!

Latest injury might be a coincidence, according to Hogan it happened during the game against the Swans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back