Hot Topic DO NOT TRADE MENZEL PETITION!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
SOS, Carlton Board and the powers that be.

Please DO NOT trade Menzel!

I hope that you see this and this is able to dissuade you. Trade him and we will regret the decision for years to come.

Other Blues fans please voice your opinion here and maybe we can make some sort of difference.

This is a desperate time and an emergency calls for desperate measures.

Sounds like there are some serious question marks about his body and attitude. Several years in, and we haven't really seen him put all that potential together. I am reluctant, but it seems like Menzel = Kerridge, Plowman, Sumner, Lamb & Phillips. I can live with that.

I find it baffling as to why we'd be dangling a 21yo prodigious talent like Menz out there... unless we know his body is shot.
It was said in the Rumours thread that he can't run both "physically and mentally" which makes me think, if true, it's a bit of both body and mental strength that has turned us off him.

We know his natural talent, but perhaps we don't see it happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Menzel turns into Kerridge, Plowman, Sumner, Lamb and Phillips, I think it's probably the right move. Especially if we can then turn 20 + 21 into Pick 7 or 8.

Kerridge will take Menzel's place on-field, but actually provide some midfield rotations.
Plowman slots straight into the backline and allows Tuohy to spend time forward and Doc to move into the midfield.
I reckon one of Lamb/Sumner will come on - at least enough to tide us over while we draft/develop a quality small in the next 2-3 years.
Phillips frees up $$$ by allowing us to jettison Warnock.

Then draft Weitering at 1, best available (Weideman, maybe even Francis) at 7/8, and SOSOS with the late picks.

Yarran pick gets us a quality player (Gresham?) or gets traded for Tomlinson.

Jeez unless he doesn't wanna be with us anymore I don't like the idea of trading Menzel for however many other lesser players.

He's gonna be elite one day, a champion imo.

I agree with this...but I really doubt it would be with us.

Not slandering the kid, but he's not a leader. He's not the type to dig in and drag his team out of the mire. We've got a few tough years ahead, and if he's gonna be getting poor delivery through that time, it would significantly reduce his effectiveness and therefore earning capacity.

He'd be lucky to kick 20 goals for us next year, but at Adelaide he could well push 40.

i agree with SOS's policy on wholesale changes

i disagree with SOS's 'talented players not welcome' policy
I'm sure in SOS's mind the GWS4 kids are very talented. He would know them inside out after all.

Jeez unless he doesn't wanna be with us anymore I don't like the idea of trading Menzel for however many other lesser players.

He's gonna be elite one day, a champion imo.

LOL, Good luck to the lad, but I seriously doubt that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back