Hot Topic DO NOT TRADE MENZEL PETITION!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah keep Menzel because he did so much this year, bleeds blue and shows heart. Oh wait nah he doesn't. We finished last. We need major change and bold change.

People saying don't trade menzel are the same people that said don't trade Jack Watts at 21. He is worth maybe a 3rd round pick now.

The great thing about this trade is SOS showing conviction and strength of character and not going to he held hostage to upset supporters feelings, he is doing what he feels is best for the footy club, honestly think longterm, letting go of Menzel and bring in.K-Ridge, Plowman and Sumner will be considered a blessing in disguise.

Yeah keep Menzel because he did so much this year, bleeds blue and shows heart. Oh wait nah he doesn't. We finished last. We need major change and bold change.

People saying don't trade menzel are the same people that said don't trade Jack Watts at 21. He is worth maybe a 3rd round pick now.

i struggle with it. i have never seen people so passionate about a player that has done so little in 3 years of football.

Can I understand the angst in trading Menzel? Yes, however there has over time become a long series of questions raised on his ability to physically hold up (Numerous shoulder issues and a knee people are literally counting down to explosion.)

If the deal turns him into 5 players who will at the worst create a legitimate competition for spots inside the top 22 then that is a positive. Also Dylan Buckley can do his job just as well.

Dont know what the fascination with the GWS boys is all about. Having a look at them all none of them have done much.
Plowman - 2 games in 2015
Sumner - 0 games in 2015
Phillips - 1 game in 2015
Lamb - 2 games in 2015
Think SOS is blinded by the fact most were early draft picks. Starved of opportunities in an average GWS team. Please???
Throw Kerridge in the mix - x1 senior game for the crows in 2015 not a great deal to be excited about.
Need to chase the young kid Rioli and the sudanese boy (ruckman with the huge vertical leap) in the nat. Draft.
By the looks of it Carlton are continuing to put a great side together of ex Blues players.

jack watts is a proven failure. and kerridge + 28 isn't much better than a 3rd rounder. on the open market now menzel is more valuable than yarran

Dont know what the fascination with the GWS boys is all about. Having a look at them all none of them have done much.
Sumner - 0 games in 2015
Lamb - 2 games in 2015
Think SOS is blinded by the fact most were early draft picks. Starved of opportunities in an average GWS team. Please???
Throw Kerridge in the mix - x1 senior game for the crows in 2015 not a great deal to be excited about.
Need to chase the young kid Rioli and the sudanese boy (ruckman with the huge vertical leap) in the nat. Draft.
By the looks of it Carlton are continuing to put a great side together of ex Blues players.

Tom Liberatore - 0 games in 2015
Gary Ablett - 6 games in 2015
Jaeger O'Meara - 0 games in 2015

Not sure what your point is...

For the right deal, yes.

Kerridge + 28, no.

Gotta look at the totality of it, Az.

Menzel becomes 28 + Kerridge., then 28 becomes the GWS4. We retain 20 + 21, and can feasibly trade them for pick 7 from GWS to increase their academy points.

Net result = 7, Kerridge, Plowman, Sumner, Lamb, Phillips

Or we push for 13, and then have to trade 21 for the GW4.

Net result = 13, 20, Plowman, Sumner, Lamb, Phillips

I'm OK with the first deal, to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll all come out in the wash, I guess. I rate Menzel a chance to be playing AFL ahead of any of Kerridge, Plowman, Sumner, Lamb, Phillips in 3 years time.

But if he were going to leave to Adelaide anyway when his next contract expires then perhaps we're better off without him. Just that it's another top 20 pick burnt. :(

Tom Liberatore - 0 games in 2015
Gary Ablett - 6 games in 2015
Jaeger O'Meara - 0 games in 2015

Not sure what your point is...
Those 3 mentioned are all proven players and due to injury obviously didnt play many games. Ablett the obvious super star.
These GWS boys and Kerridge have been in the system for a few years and havent shown much. Easy to be blinded by the fact that most of these guys were early draft picks - think Luke Livingston was pick 4 in the nat draft and Kane Lucas another early pick. Two great players there !!!
Just worried after looking at what weve done with our recruiting over many years " its been totally abysmal !!

Sumner - 0 games in 2015
Lamb - 2 games in 2015

You think SOS is blinded, well I think he might know what he's doing a little than us.

Sumner - 0 games in 2015
Lamb - 2 games in 2015

Kind of like...

908b673403d441c2ffe2a39b7a94ababf7cba05b8828b3063229b17f2f32d5b7.jpg

I am ok with this trade if it means we land the boys from GWS. I feel like the club is taking a "no peahearts, no d1$5heads" approach to the list, even if that hurts us a little in the short term. Menzel's talent and potential speaks for itself but he does go missing for long periods during games and can sook a bit. Bad attitudes are cancerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back