Preview Do or Die vs Dons pre match discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's get it started!

50501a.jpg
kangaroosFClogo.jpg
Essendon vs North Melbourne
Sunday August 12 2012 4:40pm
Etihad Stadium
Last time we played​
2012-08-05_21-30-26.jpg
2012-08-05_21-30-41.jpg
2012-08-05_21-31-02.jpg
Round 1 Teams
2012-08-05_21-20-48.jpg
Injury List:​
Red = 6+​
Yellow = 2-6​
Green = 1​
2012-08-05_21-00-01.jpg
You can add Jason Winderlich and Ben Howlett to this list. However, they are expected to regain Dustin Fletcher, Patrick Ryder, Kyle Reimers and Michael Hibberd this week.​
As for us, the only one of note at the moment is Leigh Adams, but he will be back this week.​
Big week this week. The boys really need to lift after a few lackluster weeks even though we won. Need to bring the form we brought against the Crows, Saints and Blues or else we will lose this one, and we all know we cannot drop it considering the pressure we have from teams below us fighting for the same spot to play in the finals. Having said that, I think the boys will come out firing and we'll win by 30 points.​

Attachments

• 2012-08-05_21-00-01.jpg
    2012-08-05_21-00-01.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 70
  • 2012-08-05_21-18-54.jpg
    2012-08-05_21-18-54.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 44
  • 2012-08-05_21-20-48.jpg
    2012-08-05_21-20-48.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 2012-08-05_21-30-26.jpg
    2012-08-05_21-30-26.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 42
  • 2012-08-05_21-31-02.jpg
    2012-08-05_21-31-02.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 39
BTW these are the results of our trio since the bye:

HTML:
How is our 3 prong attack tracking:

Vs Gold Coast
Tarrant - 0.2
Petrie - 3.0
Hansen - DNP

Vs Adelaide

Tarrant - 4.2
Petrie - 2.1
Hansen - 1.2

Vs StKilda

Tarrant - 1.1
Petrie - 4.0
Hansen - 3.0

Vs West Coast

Tarrant - 4.2
Petrie - 0.0
Hansen - 1.0

Vs Carlton

Tarrant - 1.1
Petrie - 7.0
Hansen - 4.0

Vs Richmond

Tarrant 0.0
Petrie 7.0
Hansen 1.0

Vs Melbourne

Tarrant 4.1
Petrie 4.0
Hansen 0.0

Vs Western Bulldogs

Tarrant 3.0
Petrie 5.2
Hansen 1.0

We won't have to worry about Stanton and Howlett this time.

Our form off the back of the last two weeks has been lack luster, however that being said two 9 goal wins against opponents that we should beat can be viewed as just getting the job done.

This week we have a side that we should be legitimately up for.

I reckon that Bon went to the well of making the game a bit more emotional vs the saints, last year they cost us, the year before they smashed us. Doing that is not something that you can do every week or its going to dilute its effect.

I want to see us angry next weekend.

Great games against the Dons, but also nerve racking. Different teams to the Round One versions both in form and design. I would be not only hoping but expecting a different intensity to the past 2-3 weeks. Would look at Grima on Hurley, Thompson on Ryder and Spud on Crameri if he plays.

Sensational write up/stat collecting GR.

We can do this. Now or never boys.

Considering our three talls this time, Ryder might spend most of his time drifting back.

Thanks mate.

Would have been a lot bigger preview had I not pressed the bloody backspace button. Bloody lost everything that I wrote then gave up and just put that up.

Huge game. Hoping for a similar effort to Carlton or St Kilda games. Whoever they will still miss through injury, Ziebell and Thomas missing are huge outs for us. But none of that will interest anybody. Biggest game of the season and no excuses.

Just had a flick through their board and they don't rate us at all, we're Matty Knights' Essendon apparently. Gee, I hope we don't smash them, would be painful to get belted by a 2009 version of yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we play like we have for the last three weeks, we will lose our next three games. If we bring our "A" game we will beat the Dons and Dockers and in with a real good shot against the
Pies. I just wonder if keeping up the intensity and form is beyond us right now.

If we play like we have for the last three weeks, we will lose our next three games. If we bring our "A" game we will beat the Dons and Dockers and in with a real good shot against the
Pies. I just wonder if keeping up the intensity and form is beyond us right now.

Nothing like being positive :rolleyes:

Time to end their season. I'm Happy patch got a nice rest this week,he will come in fresh.
I reckon we will win by 4 goals, we should have too much run for them to cover

According to the Ess board, we are only missing Thomas and Ziebell, Adams does not exist, Grima and Thompson are suspect in the air, and Bellchambers had been the equal of Goldstein.

One thing is for sure: If we win it won't count. "65 of our best 22 out".

But it will hurt Essendon more than they'll ever admit. NM pigr--ted the tiges and St Kilda's chances, lets add the bombers to that list.

But it will hurt Essendon more than they'll ever admit. NM pigr--ted the tiges and St Kilda's chances, lets add the bombers to that list.
Not to mention Carltank! We effectively put them out of contention.

According to the Ess board, we are only missing Thomas and Ziebell, Adams does not exist, Grima and Thompson are suspect in the air, and Bellchambers had been the equal of Goldstein.

When Adams has 25 touches, 5 clearances, 2 goals & is involved in numerous scoring changes, is it going to be just the wind?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back