Ghost/Paranormal Do supernatural entities influence our existence

Remove this Banner Ad

Judging by the reactions from my post I guess no one here believes in the paranormal.7

Coming from a purely empirical & scientific perspective alone, the human psyche itself can be considered 'paranormal'. I reckon....One simply cannot 'explain it away' from a materialist stand-point. Plato's theory of Forms & psychic archetypes as cosmic resonances all around us.

I've had heaps of dreams that were premonitions that came true....9/11 being one of them.

Of course, this is nothing unusual to those familiar with Jung & his 'collective unconscious' & 'House of the riddle mother' archetypes....Jung was merely re-imagining Plato in a modernist guise & interpretation.

Coming from a purely empirical & scientific perspective alone, the human psyche itself can be considered 'paranormal'. I reckon....One simply cannot 'explain it away' from a materialist stand-point. Plato's theory of Forms & psychic archetypes as cosmic resonances all around us.

I've had heaps of dreams that were premonitions that came true....9/11 being one of them.

Of course, this is nothing unusual to those familiar with Jung & his 'collective unconscious' & 'House of the riddle mother' archetypes....Jung was merely re-imagining Plato in a modernist guise & interpretation.
There are a lot of people who had 9/11 premonitions.

I knew a girl whose twin sister was in NYC in 1999.

She used heroin to self medicate mental illness and came to my joint to kick her habit.

She went progressively madder over 10 days but was also a bit precognitive, noticeably so. She predict mundane and unexpected events around the house regularly. It helped make her worse.

She kept going on about planes flying into buildings, cities or buildings collapsing and the start of ww3 and saying we had to get her sister out of New York cos that's where it was happening. Naturally that made her sound even crazier but a bit over a year and a half later it was spooky as.

I had dreams about it for years. Put them in the category of nuclear war dreams that nearly everyone my age had before the Cold War ended. But they were specifically of a plane hitting a tower and the building collapsing later.

Brought all this up in conversation with a mate and he said he had actually had dreams of planes, being in a passenger plane flying but nothing else happened. Had them for three nights in the lead up to 9/11.

So I carefully (ie not like a wild eyed loon, subtly instead) surveyed people for years and about half of the people I asked, about 10 all up, had some sort of precognitive dream about it.

That imagery turns up in a lot of pre 9/11 pop culture stretching back decades. The most famous being the cover of Party Music by The Coup.

There are a lot of people who had 9/11 premonitions.

I knew a girl whose twin sister was in NYC in 1999.

She used heroin to self medicate mental illness and came to my joint to kick her habit.

She went progressively madder over 10 days but was also a bit precognitive, noticeably so. She predict mundane and unexpected events around the house regularly. It helped make her worse.

She kept going on about planes flying into buildings, cities or buildings collapsing and the start of ww3 and saying we had to get her sister out of New York cos that's where it was happening. Naturally that made her sound even crazier but a bit over a year and a half later it was spooky as.

I had dreams about it for years. Put them in the category of nuclear war dreams that nearly everyone my age had before the Cold War ended. But they were specifically of a plane hitting a tower and the building collapsing later.

Brought all this up in conversation with a mate and he said he had actually had dreams of planes, being in a passenger plane flying but nothing else happened. Had them for three nights in the lead up to 9/11.

So I carefully (ie not like a wild eyed loon, subtly instead) surveyed people for years and about half of the people I asked, about 10 all up, had some sort of precognitive dream about it.

That imagery turns up in a lot of pre 9/11 pop culture stretching back decades. The most famous being the cover of Party Music by The Coup.

I've known a few people who've dabbled in the occult; and once that psychic veil is torn, then it's a very difficult thing to escape from.

Of course, it's only been 200-300 years or so, since most people in the West use to believe in witches, goblins & demons etc, as fully real empirical entities.

That's one of the things I loved about Harry Potter.....a returning of philosophy to it's true magical origins.....Steeped in the traditional metaphysical realm.

On dream preminitions.

Is it possible all or some people have an infinfite number of dreams, but only recall one when something happens in 'real life'.

Or occasionally just remember one anyway, like my lifelike dream where hawthorn played collingwood in the grand final (I dont recall who wins)

On dream preminitions.

Is it possible all or some people have an infinfite number of dreams, but only recall one when something happens in 'real life'.

Or occasionally just remember one anyway, like my lifelike dream where hawthorn played collingwood in the grand final (I dont recall who wins)

The French term & concept of Deja Vu would be another common everyday example of premonition....I'm sure most people have experienced it.

Read the Wikipedia page about it.

Or get a notepad, every time you wake up record significant and insignificant details from your dreams then see how many you recognise over the next day or so.

Random thing that I've been meaning to write in another thread about coincidences for a few years... GG.exe probably remembers/knows which thread I'm talking about.

Anyway. When I was younger Jonathan Brown was my idol, from ages around 10-18 or whatever. When I was about 10 or 11ish, I had a dream. Mum has parked her car in the street in Balwyn on Whitehorse rd. It's like where all the local shops are in the area of Balwyn for those not familiar. Not right where we live but like a 5 minute drive from home max. Anyway in the dream Jonathan Brown had been walking down the street and I can't remember the exact details but basically I was angry at my mum for not making me aware of this or the fact that I couldn't get out of the car to see him. But I knew he was there. This dream happened like 10-12 years ago now.

Fast forward to the end of Brown's career. He moves to Melbourne and buys a house RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER from where this dream took place. He's moved again now even closer to where I live. But just thought it was a weird one. He even played for Balwyn whose home ground is on that same road that the dream took place on

From the beginning of time, all human cultures have believed in the existence of good and evil spirits. Humans are an intelligent species and can put A and B together. Is there a true footy fan who doesn't believe in the existence of a footy God?

The sooner the western world acknowledges this, the better it is for all. To mess with the unknown is just asking for trouble.

What are your experiences?
No they dont exist. Science has basically proven this now with all observed events reduced down to a combination of only four forces.

Belief in higher beings is false but helped scare people into behaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they dont exist. Science has basically proven this now with all observed events reduced down to a combination of only four forces.

Belief in higher beings is false but helped scare people into behaving.

Science has 'proven' no such thing.....Cease this nonsense of postulating your own beliefs & opinions As the objective scientific perspective.....This is not the place for dogmatism.

Science has 'proven' no such thing.....Cease this nonsense of postulating your own beliefs & opinions As the objective scientific perspective.....This is not the place for dogmatism.
Its dogmatism in a thread where the op claims the supernatural is true simply because people believe it?

Science hasnt proven that supernatural forces dont exist in deep outer space and black holes. So yes you are technically correct. But in regards to anything that effects human life its safe to say that there is no supernatural forces. Not one peer reviewed empirical study out of the millions upon millions of studies carried out in the last 300 years has found evidence pointing to supernatural forces as the likely cause of an event. Not one. Scientifically thats about as factual as you can get.

Random thing that I've been meaning to write in another thread about coincidences for a few years... GG.exe probably remembers/knows which thread I'm talking about.

Anyway. When I was younger Jonathan Brown was my idol, from ages around 10-18 or whatever. When I was about 10 or 11ish, I had a dream. Mum has parked her car in the street in Balwyn on Whitehorse rd. It's like where all the local shops are in the area of Balwyn for those not familiar. Not right where we live but like a 5 minute drive from home max. Anyway in the dream Jonathan Brown had been walking down the street and I can't remember the exact details but basically I was angry at my mum for not making me aware of this or the fact that I couldn't get out of the car to see him. But I knew he was there. This dream happened like 10-12 years ago now.

Fast forward to the end of Brown's career. He moves to Melbourne and buys a house RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER from where this dream took place. He's moved again now even closer to where I live. But just thought it was a weird one. He even played for Balwyn whose home ground is on that same road that the dream took place on

He is very noisy.

I find the whole word supernatural ******* funny.

"The concept of the supernatural encompasses anything that is inexplicable by scientific understanding of the laws of nature but nevertheless argued by believers to exist".

Its dogmatism in a thread where the op claims the supernatural is true simply because people believe it?

Science hasnt proven that supernatural forces dont exist in deep outer space and black holes. So yes you are technically correct. But in regards to anything that effects human life its safe to say that there is no supernatural forces. Not one peer reviewed empirical study out of the millions upon millions of studies carried out in the last 300 years has found evidence pointing to supernatural forces as the likely cause of an event. Not one. Scientifically thats about as factual as you can get.

There are myriads of examples of human premonition, precognition & of psychics helping police to solve cold cases…..Spare us the dogmatism.

Consciousness remains an invisible universal force inexplicable to science....Metaphysics appears beyond your grasp…..This aint a science thread after all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back