Do supporters on here genuinely hate their team's rivals?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noticed that Richmond fans seem to have a genuine hatred towards North and North supporters, but North supporters are indifferent about Richmond. Same goes for Essendon supporters about North. Unsure why that is, but just an observation.

I've noticed that Richmond fans seem to have a genuine hatred towards North and North supporters, but North supporters are indifferent about Richmond. Same goes for Essendon supporters about North. Unsure why that is, but just an observation.
You mean North supporters are indifferent to Essendon? I'd argue otherwise. Or do you mean they are indifferent about North?

Also that 2015 elim is probably fresh in their heads.

no for me freo are one of my better liked teams, gained a lot of respect for them after this season. Only really sh*t on them on derby week
agree, i dont mind freo at all.
However I hate losing to freo more than any other club.

I only hate Collingwood.

Hard to say why, never had any issues with any of their fans I think it's just been ingrained into me that I have to hate them.

I haven't lived in Adelaide since I was 3 so I've never really gotten the rivalry between the Crows and Power, I'll support the other SA team if the Crows aren't in it.

I'm not big on GWS, Hawthorn or Richmond and always go for their opponents, but I wouldn't say I hate them, it's more of an annoyance.

Hate? No.

Footy is what we do to keep ourselves sharp when their are no genuine threats to worry about.

If there is a war, or bushfires (or a pandemic for that matter), or any other real threat to Australia then I’d stand shoulder to shoulder with bombers, blues, roos, dees, and even at a pinch rugby league fans. And do it proudly.

Of course there are a few individuals associated with certain clubs that I have contempt for, but supporters can’t be held responsible for their club’s presidents IMO.

Depends on who you consider St Kildas rivals are. We haven't really had a geographic sparring partner since South Melbourne relocated to Sydney, and our long periods at the bottom end of the ladder doesn't really lend itself to big stakes matches. Rivalry Round usually pitted us against the Bulldogs because reasons, and I haven't really got much emotion for them one way or another.

Having said that, I can't stand Geelong, and wish nothing but bad things for anyone involved with that club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I grew up with a soft spot for North. Just a great team to watch, especially come Sept when they were a regular and we weren’t even close to it.

Then there was a small period where I despised their audacity in trying to poach Dusty.

But then he stayed, we won a few flags and they went the other way, and I have a soft spot for them again.

I love their spirit, but now worry about how they are run.

I think we just enjoy beating some teams more than others, particularly if you have been through a traumatizing experience due to them. Looking at you Carlton for 1982, the term mosquito fleet still grinds my gears lol.

We all have players from other teams we admire, we just don't like them playing well against our team.

Hate is a strong word, reserved for those special things in life. For example, "I hate my wife and her frickin hanger on family". Why are they all in hospital with no insurance?

Other football clubs? It's more indifferenxe. "Saint Kilda? I hope they win something while that leather skin dude with the cowboy hat is still alive". They really should do him a favour.

I have a lot of Richmond friends, seeing the tigers win hasn't been great but at least they're not moping around when it comes to football anymore.

I've enjoyed seeing Essendon spin the wheels the last few years. Only team I don't like. Everyone else is fine by me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back