Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2008
69 Bosoms Lane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Rokeby GP Dancesquad
Hey

I was just thinking then. It is kind of late and I can not sleep at the moment. I should be sleeping in my bed, snuggling up against a pretty female, but my bed is COLD and EMPTY and it is DEPRESSING to lie in it. I can't help but feel the cause of my emotional PAIN is my favourite childhood teddy bear, Panda Jane.

Panda Jane was a lovely girl. She was big and soft and cuddly and she looked after me when I was afraid to sleep alone. It was very reassuring, when I came home from a hard day at the creche, to see my sweet little Jane sitting next to my pillow with hew dear little paws outstreched, waiting to give me a big cuddle. I forgot all about those bullys and smelly girls at creche when I was on her arms.

In kindergten one day we had a teddybear's picnic and were invited to bring our favourite plush animals along to class. Of course I took Jane with me. This proved to be my first taste of dealing with superficial, judgemental DICKWEEDS. All of the boys commented on the size of poor Panda Jane. Admittedly, she was twice as large as any other teddy bear, but who did these condescending pricks think they were, talking that kind of rubbish to our faces? She was a big girl and she had a lot of love to give. The boys didn't understand, with their little botique trophy bears tucked neatly under their arms like ****ing ornaments. The joke was on them though; the girls appreciated my sensitive side. I even got invited to Jessica Black's birthday party, and she let me play with her hair during class one time. We all learned a valuable lesson that day, I think.

We went through a difficult week back in grade 2 thanks to me succumbing to peer group pressure, admittedly. Our next door neighbour came over to play one afternoon and caught me watching Sesame Street. "Do you STILL watch this kiddie stuff Valentino?" he asked.

He was 1 year and a half older than me and LOVED ripping on me whenever he outgrew a part of his childhood. So I got defensive and made an excuse (ie: I wasn't watching the TV, I was playing in the lounge room and the TV just happened to be tuned in to Sesame Street). Our neighbour scoffed and landed a killer blow: "pfft. You probably still sleep with a TEDDY BEAR."

From that moment on I renounced Sesame Street, Play School and possibly Fat Cat if it was still being broadcast by that point. And I packed poor old Panda Jane away, with all the other stuffed animals, in the back of my wardrobe. I was a big boy now. Or so I thought.

This lasted for all of 1 week. My nights were empty and lonely. I tried hugging my pillow but ended up waking with a stiff neck. My bed was too big for a seven year old to be sleeping in it alone. I couldn't take it. One night, I got up out of bed, found Panda Jane and took her back to lay with me. Of course, she accepted me with her open arms. Our embrace was as profound and meaningful as anything I had ever felt.

The next day in school I could not get Panda Jane out of my head. Her unconditional love and generosity had left me confused and infatuated. I could smell her scent on my skin, and was unable to concentrate on my school work.

Over the coming weeks I began to go to bed earlier and earlier, even before A Country Practice had finished. Happiness was a warm panda, but happiness came at a cost. My schooling continued to suffer. I stopped hanging out with my friends at the local park in favour of taking an afternoon nap. It was at around this time that I began to learn a little about sex.

My understanding was thus: A man lies naked on top of a woman and rubs his penis on her groinal axis until orgasm. I should point out at this time that I did not know of the existance of the vagina. I had been dealing with my orgasms in private for years previous, and had decided that the time was nigh to share these wonderful experiences with that special female in my life. As always, Panda Jane's demeanor was outwardly accommodating. It seemed like the right thing to do.

However, from the moment I pulled my pyjamas down, I knew it most certainly was not the right thing to do. But it was too late to pull out, so to speak. Her button eyes glazed cold and emotionless as she lie there staring at the ceiling while I awkwardly fumbled around on top of her. Finally, I rolled off her and gave her a kiss on the cheek, but she did not recipricate. I held her close, more in fear of her leaving than any desire to have her there with me. Not for the last time, I cried myself to sleep.

The next morning I packed her away again in my wardrobe, this time for good. I tried to recreate the magic with the other teddy bears, most disgustingly with Jane's sister Gemma (she was orange and white, rather than black and white, but otherwise identical), but it only served to make things worse. I had crossed a line that should never have been crossed, and my punishment was to prematurely stop sleeping with teddy bears, years before I was ready to. I was forced in to the beds of the girls from school (the attractive ones) to try and recreate the feeling, but the feeling was fleeting. On the nights I spent alone I felt cold and lonesome until I learned to deal with the pain, to pretend it wasn't there.

It was this pain that I felt for those months it took me to readjust that I am feeling now. The pain of being alone in a place where you are not used to being alone. And it hurts deep.

Sorry that was a bit long winded.

What I meant to say was:

Do you think that the only reason, or at least one of the main reasons, people like snuggling up to other people, even when sex is not on offer, is because we have been programmed as children to depend on comfort in the night via plush toys?

Do children really need teddies? Should they have ever been invented if all they end up doing is psychologically ruining us as adults? Making us latch on to people because we're AFRAID of facing things alone, turning us in to sissies. You know how girls always have to do things together, like go to the bathroom etc? That probably goes back to their early years as teddies. Men would go to the bathroom together too but that is frowned upon and we are too scared to ask each other.

Anyway what are your thoughts? If you have anything you'd like to add on this subject, please post it here thanks :thumbsu:

Have you ever thought of becoming a writer CJ?

You really should. Pratchett's got nuthin on you.

Have you ever thought of becoming a writer CJ?

You really should. Pratchett's got nuthin on you.

I am not worthy of being compared to the great man, Esti, but thanks anyway that was nice of you :thumbsu:

lol i would love to be a writer but i have no drive or discipline unfortunately.

Or just start a blog. Perhaps you could turn it into a standup routine. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to entertain the two headed criminals of Rokeby. JOKES.
Please don't burn my house down.

I am not worthy of being compared to the great man, Esti, but thanks anyway that was nice of you :thumbsu:

lol i would love to be a writer but i have no drive or discipline unfortunately.

jake as sure as the sky is blue you will be a writer, you're brilliant.! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

There were a number of lol moments in that story as there always are.

FWIW, i'm ok sleeping alone without teddies and have been for as long as i can remember. If i love a guy i enjoy snuggling him though. :)

ps. ests is right, you don't need discipline to be a writer you just need to write. :thumbsu:

Or just start a blog. Perhaps you could turn it into a standup routine. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to entertain the two headed criminals of Rokeby. JOKES.

hahaha actually jake you should start a blog. I would enjoy watching the entire GD and tlc board leave bf for your blog :D

seriously though, it's a great idea. :thumbsu:

However, from the moment I pulled my pyjamas down, I knew it most certainly was not the right thing to do. But it was too late to pull out, so to speak. Her button eyes glazed cold and emotionless as she lie there staring at the ceiling while I awkwardly fumbled around on top of her. Finally, I rolled off her and gave her a kiss on the cheek, but she did not recipricate. I held her close, more in fear of her leaving than any desire to have her there with me. Not for the last time, I cried myself to sleep.

This paragraph is one of your greatest VD! :D Right up there with your Marieke Hardy letter!

This paragraph is one of your greatest VD! :D Right up there with your Marieke Hardy letter!

yes that was a good one but i lost count of lols i got from this one

Hey

In kindergten one day we had a teddybear's picnic and were invited to bring our favourite plush animals along to class. Of course I took Jane with me. This proved to be my first taste of dealing with superficial, judgemental DICKWEEDS. All of the boys commented on the size of poor Panda Jane. Admittedly, she was twice as large as any other teddy bear, but who did these condescending pricks think they were, talking that kind of rubbish to our faces? She was a big girl and she had a lot of love to give. The boys didn't understand, with their little botique trophy bears tucked neatly under their arms like ****ing ornaments. The joke was on them though; the girls appreciated my sensitive side. I even got invited to Jessica Black's birthday party, and she let me play with her hair during class one time. We all learned a valuable lesson that day, I think.

I liked the 'Are you tired of knowing everything' one better. This one didn't have as many LOL moments (IMHO) but it's still a great OP! As for the blog - get to it! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that was one of the funniest things i've ever read on here :D

I still get LOL moments thinking about that MILK, MILK, LEMONADE photoshop that accompanied his letter to Marieke. The letter itself had LOL value, but then when she actually googled herself and found it months later it became the stuff legends are made of. :D :thumbsu:

I still get LOL moments thinking about that MILK, MILK, LEMONADE photoshop that accompanied his letter to Marieke. The letter itself had LOL value, but then when she actually googled herself and found it months later it became the stuff legends are made of. :D :thumbsu:

My friend went on a rant about her the other day, he used to know her and without going into detail did not speak highly of her, at all. She fkd one of our friends over.... Anyways, i showed him jakes letter and pic and explained to him how she stumbled across it. He said that she would have absolutely loved it (because she's really dirty apparently). I told jake immediately, i believe he should persue her, this ones a keeper ;) ;)

I'm confused. Jake = VD?

I think he'd have a better chance if he looked like Hamish Blake. ;) Though I believe she is taken.

Such nice people :thumbsu: thanks for all your kind comments this morning that is nice of you :) You all make me smile.

ps. ests is right, you don't need discipline to be a writer you just need to write.
Good on you Stimpy :thumbsu:

lol you are right, but I struggle to sit down and do something meaningful, even if I think I will enjoy it. I always put good things off until it is too late. I have no idea why...
lol

When I was growing up, the street we lived in had 3 deliberte house fires on a two year period. You know Rokeby well :D

PS calling a rokeby native a criminal is a sign of respect, you have nothing to worry about BBC :thumbsu:
My friend went on a rant about her the other day, he used to know her and without going into detail did not speak highly of her, at all. She fkd one of our friends over.... Anyways, i showed him jakes letter and pic and explained to him how she stumbled across it. He said that she would have absolutely loved it (because she's really dirty apparently). I told jake immediately, i believe he should persue her, this ones a keeper

lol, Marieke might be a dirty dirty girl, but even she is not filthy enough to want to get with me! She vetoed my drunken facebook friend request :(

Still that was very exciting news when you told me that stuff :thumbsu:

Such nice people :thumbsu: thanks for all your kind comments this morning that is nice of you :) You all make me smile.

Good on you Stimpy :thumbsu:

lol you are right, but I struggle to sit down and do something meaningful, even if I think I will enjoy it. I always put good things off until it is too late. I have no idea why...

could be a number of reasons but none are good enough to deny the rest of the world your genius
lol, Marieke might be a dirty dirty girl, but even she is not filthy enough to want to get with me! She vetoed my drunken facebook friend request :(

Still that was very exciting news when you told me that stuff :thumbsu:

That BITCH. I really can't believe her, did you say anything in your request? like........... did you tell her it was you who wrote that letter and made that milk milk lemonade photoshop? :D

jake, join one of those marieke hate groups, sl utty cow she is. ;)

could be a number of reasons but none are good enough to deny the rest of the world your genius

That BITCH. I really can't believe her, did you say anything in your request? like........... did you tell her it was you who wrote that letter and made that milk milk lemonade photoshop? :D

jake, join one of those marieke hate groups, sl utty cow she is. ;)

haha, yes I did write a short message. I was drunk at the time, but remember being extra careful not to be too offensive. And yes I told her who I was. I like to think she was sexually intimidated, but most likely she just thinks I am a spanner.

lol I will join one of those groups, ta Stimpy :thumbsu:. I fear what I will write in there when I am drunk though... lol

haha, yes I did write a short message. I was drunk at the time, but remember being extra careful not to be too offensive. And yes I told her who I was. I like to think she was sexually intimidated, but most likely she just thinks I am a spanner.

lol I will join one of those groups, ta Stimpy :thumbsu:. I fear what I will write in there when I am drunk though... lol

in all honesty, this could elevate your writing career.

(PS. LMFAO @ YOU TELLING HER WHO YOU WERE, SERIOUSLY LOL LOL LOL LOL :D :D - jtrain are you reading this :D)

jake you are a legend.:thumbsu:

in all honesty, this could elevate your writing career.

(PS. LMFAO @ YOU TELLING HER WHO YOU WERE, SERIOUSLY LOL LOL LOL LOL :D :D - jtrain are you reading this :D)

jake you are a legend.:thumbsu:

lol yeah, in hindsight it was pretty optimistic. Not sure what I thought she was gonna say 'ooh jake thanks for contacting me! I'm gonna fly down to hobart this weekend so we can hook up, i'll leave my husband back in melbourne so don't worry!' sending me flirty facebook messages and s**t. lol

lol yeah, in hindsight it was pretty optimistic. Not sure what I thought she was gonna say 'ooh jake thanks for contacting me! I'm gonna fly down to hobart this weekend so we can hook up, i'll leave my husband back in melbourne so don't worry!' sending me flirty facebook messages and s**t. lol

hahahahaha well you're no worse off having tried. next time, wait until she falls in love with you then reveal that you're her long time stalker. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

hahahahaha well you're no worse off having tried. next time, wait until she falls in love with you then reveal that you're her long time stalker. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I like your thinking :thumbsu: Cheers Stimpy

I'm off to create a new alias and hit her up on her blog. When I finally get her in the sack I will squeeze her big boobies and yell MILK MILK LEMONADE and she will love it :thumbsu:;)

I like your thinking :thumbsu: Cheers Stimpy

I'm off to create a new alias and hit her up on her blog. When I finally get her in the sack I will squeeze her big boobies and yell MILK MILK LEMONADE and she will love it :thumbsu:;)

In the most non-creepy and non-sexual way possible, I would love to be in the room for that moment. :D Ahhh, what the hell, I'll jump on if it seems on the cards. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back