List Mgmt. Do we go all in for Jack?

Do we go all in for Jack?

• Yes - Once in a lifetime player, what ever it takes.

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • No - Too many other good SA kids we could load up with.

Votes: 42 53.2%
  • Meh - I have full trust in Reid to do the right thing.

Votes: 15 19.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that I can think of...
And he certainly tried to do a number on Tex last night as well.

What we pay will be determined on how determined we are on getting pickm one or even pick two. I feel that by dealing with SOS we will be paying more than we should but how badly do we want pick one.

Some on here are also talking about giving up our 2018 and 2019 first rounders. We need to be mindful that there are some players from the under 16's National Comp that excelled for South Australia. Luke Edwards was one but there was a guy called Durdin who won the overall medal for the comp. So 2019 may also offer some excellent SA talent.

And he certainly tried to do a number on Tex last night as well.

What we pay will be determined on how determined we are on getting pickm one or even pick two. I feel that by dealing with SOS we will be paying more than we should but how badly do we want pick one.

Some on here are also talking about giving up our 2018 and 2019 first rounders. We need to be mindful that there are some players from the under 16's National Comp that excelled for South Australia. Luke Edwards was one but there was a guy called Durdin who won the overall medal for the comp. So 2019 may also offer some excellent SA talent.

The SA under 16's have some excellent talent, we want picks for them. Durdin is a real talent from Centrals and he has a bit of time to grow but he is very small.

2016 first round pick - 15
2017 first round pick - 16

We gave up 10 and 16.

We did get back pick 19 for 16 which i'm also assuming was a key part of this deal as well seeing the strength of SA players in the 2018 draft.

I would give up just about anyone on our list and package with a handful of first rounders in order to be in a position to get Lukosius and Rankine.

But we may only be able to get one, so we need to prioritise. What we need is pace. Absolute scorching, blistering pace. And the ability to win the ball in contests/stoppages/scrimmages...and break away from the congestion. At present, we do not have this.

Would Lukosius be a good get? Absolutely, but not at the expense of Rankine and some others. We have an absolute forest of contested/tall timber, where we do not need to add to this at the moment. We need serious pace between the Arcs, and more than just one addition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah, its not 'fair' but a fair deal wont get made for a top 5 pick, particularly in this draft. You will have to offer sweetheart deals to prise those picks out of clubs hands

yeah, its not 'fair' but a fair deal wont get made for a top 5 pick, particularly in this draft. You will have to offer sweetheart deals to prise those picks out of clubs hands

We'll keep our picks and players then thanks

I agree.

No one holding top 5 picks are there to assist with the easy passage of either Luko or Rankine to us, as nice a story as it may be.

If we go down that path I wouldn't expect any favours in the deals

I agree.

No one holding top 5 picks are there to assist with the easy passage of either Luko or Rankine to us, as nice a story as it may be.

If we go down that path I wouldn't expect any favours in the deals
There is a limit to what can be demanded too though if they genuinely want to go down the path of trading a top pick out. The trade outlined earlier is well over the line. If they came with that proposal, we wouldn’t even consider it. I reckon that was just about double what I’d think is realistic. You might go a bit over to get it done, but not double.

There is a limit to what can be demanded too though if they genuinely want to go down the path of trading a top pick out. The trade outlined earlier is well over the line. If they came with that proposal, we wouldn’t even consider it. I reckon that was just about double what I’d think is realistic. You might go a bit over to get it done, but not double.
Yep fair enough.

All boils down to what we are prepared to give up. Similar to the Gibbs trade in so far as they have what we want, therefore it's a sellers market.

No point scoffing at unreasonable demands. They don't have to give us anything.

Guess Rhylee West will be playing elsewhere while you wait for your deal.

Back