List Mgmt. Do we go all in for Jack?

Do we go all in for Jack?

• Yes - Once in a lifetime player, what ever it takes.

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • No - Too many other good SA kids we could load up with.

Votes: 42 53.2%
  • Meh - I have full trust in Reid to do the right thing.

Votes: 15 19.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree.

No one holding top 5 picks are there to assist with the easy passage of either Luko or Rankine to us, as nice a story as it may be.
If we go down that path I wouldn't expect any favours in the deals
Except the dogs need picks in our range for Rhylee West. Pick 5 isn't useful to them unless they trade a quality player.

yeah, its not 'fair' but a fair deal wont get made for a top 5 pick, particularly in this draft. You will have to offer sweetheart deals to prise those picks out of clubs hands

Possibly but if after the player interview phase, clubs could get a whiff of a player X, Y or Z being a flight risk, they could trade to save them the hassle.

Trade down for a local product and save 2 years of development.

I agree.

No one holding top 5 picks are there to assist with the easy passage of either Luko or Rankine to us, as nice a story as it may be.

If we go down that path I wouldn't expect any favours in the deals
The thing we need to remember is the other 17 teams will want things too that will leave them vulnerable. The opportunities will open up, they always do!

Seems like the reports of our interest in pick one have made every joker think we're willing to pay a king's ransom for a half decent top ten pick.

Just because we may be interested in securing some talent from SA doesn't mean we're desperate enough to hand over all our picks and contracted players.

I can’t help thinking Gov for Freos 1st let’s say 6 then we bundle that with 13 or 9 for 1.
We take Luko with 1 and Freo offer J Gov godfather deal. They end up with both Govs, we get a like for like and keep 1 first rounder for best available.
Can’t see us getting Rankine unless we keep 9 or whatever our equivalent first is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t help thinking Gov for Freos 1st let’s say 6 then we bundle that with 13 or 9 for 1.
We take Luko with 1 and Freo offer J Gov godfather deal. They end up with both Govs, we get a like for like and keep 1 first rounder for best available.
Can’t see us getting Rankine unless we keep 9 or whatever our equivalent first is.
6 + 13 for pick 1 is around the mark..maybe include a player like kelly to let carlton have 'the win'. If we keep pick 8 and 19 we might be able to trade them up with st kilda so we have a pick high enough to guarantee rankine. We can then use pick 37 and later picks so for some hamish specials. That would be a big big draft for us...chances of all that playing out????

Saw Jack play yesterday, predominantly played on the wing. Barely saw it there though, 6 touches for the day I think, certainly looked more dangerous when moved forward late. Took 1 or 2 nice marks across the day, but a couple of special, Walker style 50+ meter passes that we’re simply sublime.

No2 in draft looks very fluid now. Suns have a chance of winning two more. Cant see us getting deal with blues so best hope is they take walsh and deal for next pick.

Who out of Suns, Lions, Saints, Bulldogs would we be best dealing with?

Saw Jack play yesterday, predominantly played on the wing. Barely saw it there though, 6 touches for the day I think, certainly looked more dangerous when moved forward late. Took 1 or 2 nice marks across the day, but a couple of special, Walker style 50+ meter passes that we’re simply sublime.

I think there is a fair bit of risk involved with Luko. He is not a dead certainty to be a gun. I think there is a huge chance he wont be taken at pick 1 by Carlton.

No2 in draft looks very fluid now. Suns have a chance of winning two more. Cant see us getting deal with blues so best hope is they take walsh and deal for next pick.

Who out of Suns, Lions, Saints, Bulldogs would we be best dealing with?

Rule out the Bulldogs. They will want to get a pick in before West is bid on.
Saints will likely take a good deal as they only have 1 pick inside 50+.
Freo are even worse as they only have 1 pick inside 75+.
I think Lions will go to the draft.
Who could possibly explain what the Suns strategy will be. They are absolutely chocked full of picks though. They dont need to trade down for more picks, but thats not to say that they wont do this in order to trade those for players. Again, would love to know what their strategy is.

I think there is a fair bit of risk involved with Luko. He is not a dead certainty to be a gun. I think there is a huge chance he wont be taken at pick 1 by Carlton.

I'd be very surprised if Carlton don't. The way Luko has been billed up has made him as much of an automatic no.1 selection as anyone could be.

After all, you simply don't turn down a potential once in a generation key forward. Even if you need midfielders.

I'd be very surprised if Carlton don't. The way Luko has been billed up has made him as much of an automatic no.1 selection as anyone could be.

After all, you simply don't turn down a potential once in a generation key forward. Even if you need midfielders.

I wouldn't be surprised to see what would be a shock selection to most people. It wouldn't surprise me at all. I see less risk in Walsh and I wonder whether Carlton will be wanting to put something in the bank.

Back