Opinion Do we need a crack down?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasn't always been fine with you and other posters if something is posted you/they disagree with - esp to do with Ed, Buckley etc
Maybe we need a crack down...

Seriously though, my OP was a pretty simple question. Either agree or disagree, but don’t make it personal.

Maybe we need a crack down...

Seriously though, my OP was a pretty simple question. Either agree or disagree, but don’t make it personal.

"...........but don’t make it personal."

Now you are taking the piss. Pleeeeeeeeease.

Have you ever tried the ignore button? Amazingly effective. I tried it a few years back on any poster that I believed regularly made or attracted personal attacks. Threads were easier to wade through, the material seemed much more relevant. If you were the sole problem here we could all put you on ignore ;) and problem is solved.
Whilst I hold fairly similar views to yourself it seems you are one of those posters I mentioned above. Good luck with getting banned :)

Preface - Our mods are lovely people, and they do a great job.

Question though, are our standards slipping? Do our mods need to take a harder line?

IMO, the answer is yes on both counts. Mods need to start moderating.

I agree jmac70 the mods do a great job and weather or not they take a harder line is up to them to decide.
One thing that stands out to me and yes i am new is the new people tend to get labelled perhaps from the experienced members in this forum.

Here’s an idea folks.

Maybe just talk (post) with people as you wish to be talked (posted) to?

I admire your courage and persistence - sometimes under heavy opposition / enemy? fire
He really has not been under so call heavy fire.
Go and read some of the old Buckley threads to see what fire is really like.
It’s tame

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He really has not been under so call heavy fire.
Go and read some of the old Buckley threads to see what fire is really like.
It’s tame

Don’t waste your time mate.....as I told Maggie5 the other day I am pretty certain who HMC was in a past life on here.

If you don’t give oxygen to a fire it will extinguish.......simple.

Don’t waste your time mate.....as I told Maggie5 the other day I am pretty certain who HMC was in a past life on here.

If you don’t give oxygen to a fire it will extinguish.......simple.
You are right, l try not, but when complete nonsense is written it’s hard not to

You are right, l try not, but when complete nonsense is written it’s hard not to

Only because I don’t post in the Bucks thread I will share a true story about what you and Jasper84 are posting about in that thread.

In 2012 a Pies Premiership player was thrown down the stairs of the Barkley Hotel while another Premiership player watched because he was being a complete * whit......my point is we definitely got ahead of ourselves and I agree that is the reason we don’t have multiple Premierships.

I have a term for our Club......Hollywood.....as opposed to Collingwood.

Only because I don’t post in the Bucks thread I will share a true story about what you and Jasper84 are posting about in that thread.

In 2012 a Pies Premiership player was thrown down the stairs of the Barkley Hotel while another Premiership player watched because he was being a complete **** whit......my point is we definitely got ahead of ourselves and I agree that is the reason we don’t have multiple Premierships.

The more l find out the more that term is apt.
To much that team was not accountable to the club, or to each other.
It should have won multiple, seems now we where lucky to get one

Don’t waste your time mate.....as I told Maggie5 the other day I am pretty certain who HMC was in a past life on here. If you don’t give oxygen to a fire it will extinguish.......simple.
Pretty fraught sport guessing who someone may or may not have been previously. I joined in July 2017 and within a week or two was accused of being a reinvention of a previous poster - total rubbish! I've also been accused of being an opposition troll - more rubbish - been called an idiot here too - that was just a "pot kettle" scenario...

In 2012 a Pies Premiership player was thrown down the stairs of the Barkley Hotel while another Premiership player watched because he was being a complete **** whit......my point is we definitely got ahead of ourselves and I agree that is the reason we don’t have multiple Premierships.

1958 flag - 1959 lose first 5? games - make the finsls - lose first semi - out.
1990 flag - 1991 fail to make finals.
2010 flag - 2011 dominate the home and away - can't get job done in GF - for whatever reason we cannot create a dynasty

Pretty fraught sport guessing who someone may or may not have been previously. I joined in July 2017 and within a week or two was accused of being a reinvention of a previous poster - total rubbish! I've also been accused of being an opposition troll - more rubbish - been called an idiot here too - that was just a "pot kettle" scenario...

LOL. The point of the saying is that they are both black. Are you meaning to call yourself an idiot?

1958 flag - 1959 lose first 5? games - make the finsls - lose first semi - out.
1990 flag - 1991 fail to make finals.
2010 flag - 2011 dominate the home and away - can't get job done in GF - for whatever reason we cannot create a dynasty
To be fair we fluked one against Melbourne.
We also got two flags circa 1950s so that was good considering Melbourne was THE powerhouse.

Another era the 60s To early 70s which was sad.

The rest you’re right.

To be fair we fluked one against Melbourne.
We also got two flags circa 1950s so that was good considering Melbourne was THE powerhouse.

Another era the 60s To early 70s which was sad.

The rest you’re right.
Melbourne were down the bottom of the ladder when we won the flag in 1953

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back