List Mgmt. Do We Need A Monster Forward?

Do we need a monster forward (when Dixon is gone)?

• Yes

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • We don’t even need a monster forward (Dixon) now

• Marshall, Georgiades or Finlayson can be our Monster forward.

• Other

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawkins is a far smarter footballer than Dixon don't kid yourselves.

No real shame in that, Hawkins is a first ballot HOFer. Dixon is far more agile than Hawkins though and if he played for Geelong, he'd probably have a couple more AA guernseys in his cabinet.

I also agree with philthy05 that if we're going to have a monster KPF, he needs to be able to ruck. Dixon should be our 2nd ruck at the moment.

I see your "Hawkins is a far smarter footballer than Dixon" and raise you a "Chris Scott is a far, far better coach than Saviour Ken" :D
No s**t but I think people are being ridiculous thinking Dixon's lack of presenting & leading is all Hinkley.

No real shame in that, Hawkins is a first ballot HOFer. Dixon is far more agile than Hawkins though and if he played for Geelong, he'd probably have a couple more AA guernseys in his cabinet.

I also agree with philthy05 that if we're going to have a monster KPF, he needs to be able to ruck. Dixon should be our 2nd ruck at the moment.
3rd tall/ruck is Dixon's role and he would be great at it.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

3rd tall/ruck is Dixon's role and he would be great at it.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dante will go past him like he is standing still.
Dixon isn't a Ruck and as a 3rd tall he draws the ball too much and he's simply not who players should be seeing moving forward.
We should have 4 options Marshall/Mitch/Finlayson and Rozee who are better ball in hand than Dixon and players are drawn to our 5th best option. Players see Dixon and they don't see better options.

Id be comfortable with a MG Marshall, resting 2nd ruck forward line (finlayson) to kick enough goals to play finals.
Add around them Rioli, Fantasia spp and a resting butters or rozee and i think the Dixon plan of bombing it on his head becomes obsolete

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet we'll have umpteen media drones saying big Charlie & his big scary beard is the key for Port Power success.

Yet we'll have umpteen media drones saying big Charlie & his big scary beard is the key for Port Power success.
I watched some highlights of old games and the commentators frequently mentioning Schultz's forward craft and leading, "so smart there" (something I've never heard them say about Charlie; only ever heard "so strong" which doesn't have the same conversion rate as smart.

Back