Votes: 110 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Open eyes , you look at this with your eyes open , unlike some who close their eyes and stick the ir fingers in their ears, absolutely had the opportunity to try and change when the season was done and dusted after round 7 but he took to lower depths after that, maybe he is a genius and want to surprise the other clubs next year, with a revolutionary style , didn't want to let the cat out of the bag prematurely.

He has a thing about winning a game by only kicking one goal, goals are overated acoording to our head of coaching
Don't think there's a hidden genuis in Hardwick ST. He has had a couple of cracks at trying to change things up. Did it at the start of 2015 and think from memory 2014. Tried to implement a more attacking game style but quickly aborted it when he couldn't pull it off.

Hardwick needs reminding of the words from the immortal Allan Jeans .... “Footballers are like sausages, you can fry them, grill them, bake them, they’re still footballers.”
Yes, they are footballers.
They are not chess pieces or players, Army Generals, drones ... they are footballers.
Let them play football and not chess!

Simpson will be coaching the #lolnorf after he gets the boot from the eagles. Another Hardwick, team getting its arse kicked in the elim, sits there doing SFA and having NFI what to do outside plan A. Bolton has a few years of grace seeing as they are still an evolving s**t truck...Cameron has the keys to the city..

Cameron has the best hope as he is playing a fast high pressure game style. (probably go chip chip next year due to a few turnovers to many in the prelim)
The others tend to be more bruise free and probably not sustainable.

LOL, do you actually take those things seriously.
I don't take them seriously at all, in fact I wish we didn't have them, you see more cliches in an American romantic comedy film.

But if it is in the guidelines that the coach has to it, it would be nice if he treated them like he is speaking to the supporters of the team that he coaches, work on his vocabulary and just stop being so cringing. He is after all representing a 100+ year old club and he may as well take the job seriously while he has it.

I missed the Gold Coast game this year, so I decided to watch the replay to get a look at Prestia.

What an infuriating exercise.

There is no better illustration of how poor our game style is than Deledio getting a loose ball deep inside forward 50, then starting a handball chain that goes all the way back to halfway. We have very little marking presence after we spend an eon setting up the switch, and our foot skills are nowhere near good enough to pick out players that don't lead up at the footy. So after the inevitable turnover we get scored against easily.

Then in the last quarter after we've had a run of goals kicked on us to put us 2 goals down, we finally switch it up. We go long and direct to one on one contests, we run the ball using quick handballs to break the lines, we tackle hard, and surprise surprise, we end up kicking 8 goals and winning.

Journo: So Dimma how do you think Richmond is travelling this trade period?

Dimma: Look, sides like Hawthorn are great trading clubs. They have a direct trading style and tend to bomb first round picks into deals and hit targets. We tend to chip a few picks and names around and maintain possession as long as possible. Occassionallly we turn it over and get hurt on the rebound. But apart from some obvious skill errors we think our trading style will stand up during big negotiations.

We feel at the moment we’re probably not putting the required effort in and trading the way we want but we don’t put a priority on trading. We’re not really a trading side. Sometimes we trade and sometimes we don’t. But inside the four walls we’ve corralled some names on the whiteboard and experimented with the magnets. And look we think we’re on the right track.

With Brett leaving it’s a great opportunity to expose more of the iceberg. Last year we were hit by global warming and some of the iceberg was missing when we looked for it. Have you guys heard of that? Global warming? Yeah, not something anyone could predict.

But look, the club priority is stability and we work hard to align our off field performance with our on field performance so currently we’re moving some trades sideways and backwards a few times before we pay overs. Yeah, but you know, I have noticed some of the other icebergs seem to be moving a bit faster. Mmmm. Yeah, that’s probably something we might look at before next trade week. Bloody global warming, hahaha.

Look, if we can get some late picks into the hands of teams with players not getting games we think we can still move quickly to grab some cheapies over the back and develop them into flankers. If we can do that I expect us to be playing finals next year.

We’re really not far off. We’re just looking to add some ice cream on top. We feel this global warming thing is just a short term problem that won’t last and that will allow us to select Steve Morris to play along side Taylor and Brandon every single week, so that’ll make a big difference. And we’ve given Dan Richo a new title so we’re expecting a big lift from him this trade period.

The bonus is we’ve retained Ivy, so it’s not like we’ve sold our heart and soul to bring in new talent. Plus if a bit of luck goes our way there’s a chance either last year’s doozy or this year’s doozy might get on the field for a game, or even two. But we’re trying to keep a lid on it and take it one doozy game at a time. I just have to find Ty’s magnet because it’s important to our trade structures. I think Balmey has it. Once I grab that off him I can keep sticking it on the whiteboard until it stops falling off. So really we’re in pretty good shape.

But look, as a club we’re all about being involved in trades. And, you know, look we’ve been in this position before. Like last year, everyone wrote us off but we turned it around and ended up with Yarran. So we take great confidence from that.

Cheers fellas. Have a gatorade. hahahaha

Damien-Hardwick-Fox-628.JPG

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dimma: Look, sides like Hawthorn are great trading clubs. They have a direct trading style and tend to bomb first round picks into deals and hit targets. We tend to chip a few picks and names around and maintain possession as long as possible. Occassionallly we turn it over and get hurt on the rebound. But apart from some obvious skill errors we think our trading style will stand up during big negotiations.

We feel at the moment we’re probably not putting the required effort in and trading the way we want but we don’t put a priority on trading. We’re not really a trading side. Sometimes we trade and sometimes we don’t. But inside the four walls we’ve corralled some names on the whiteboard and experimented with the magnets. And look we think think we’re on the right track.

With Brett leaving it’s a great opportunity to expose more of the iceberg. Last year we were hit by global warming and some of the iceberg was missing when we looked for it. Have you guys heard of that? Global warming? Yeah, not something anyone could predict.

But look, the club priority is stability and we work hard to align our off field performance with our on field performance so currently we’re moving some trades sideways and backwards a few times before we pay overs. Yeah, but you know, I have noticed some of the other icebergs seem to be moving a bit faster. Mmmm. Yeah, that’s probably something we might look at before next trade week. Bloody global warming, hahaha.

Look, if we can get some late picks into the hands of teams with players not getting games we think we can still move quickly to grab some cheapies over the back and develop them into flankers. If we can do that I expect us to be playing finals next year.

We’re really not far off. We’re just looking to add some ice cream on top. We feel this global warming thing is just a short term problem that won’t last and that will allow us to select Steve Morris to play along side Taylor and Brandon every single week, so that’ll make a big difference. And we’ve given Dan Richo a new title so we’re expecting a big lift from him this trade period.

The bonus is we’ve retained Ivy, so it’s not like we’ve sold our heart and soul to bring in new talent. Plus if a bit of luck goes our way there’s a chance either last year’s doozy or this year’s doozy might get on the field for a game, or even two. But we’re trying to keep a lid on it and take it one doozy game at a time. I just have to find Ty’s magnet because it’s important to our trade structures. I think Balmey has it. Once I grab that off him I can keep sticking it on the whiteboard until it stops falling off. So really we’re in pretty good shape.

But look, as a club we’re all about being involved in trades. And, you know, look we’ve been in this position before. Like last year, everyone wrote us off but we turned it around and ended up with Yarran. So we take great confidence from that.

It's the Richmond Way!

We feel at the moment we’re probably not putting the required effort in and trading the way we want but we don’t put a priority on trading. We’re not really a trading side. Sometimes we trade and sometimes we don’t. But inside the four walls we’ve corralled some names on the whiteboard and experimented with the magnets. And look we think we’re on the right track.

Not a truer word has been spoken

That's gold jerry gold

Is that you mick molloy. Very funny and sad at the same time. When I see dimwit smiling wearing our colours it makes me sick. Piss him off!!!!!

So has anyone seen the Jake king thing on Triple M. Basically he said that he was dropped for 8 weeks for telling Hardwick what he thought of him. If true that is a joke. Always put your best team forward regardless of personal feelingz

The guy Hardwick should be gone , but our ball less board is useless, ceo included

So has anyone seen the Jake king thing on Triple M. Basically he said that he was dropped for 8 weeks for telling Hardwick what he thought of him. If true that is a joke. Always put your best team forward regardless of personal feelingz
CAN'T agree mate .. needs to be some respect for the coach, even begrudgingly. You can't have players telling the coach to go *** himself and the like, it's poor form.

CAN'T agree mate .. needs to be some respect for the coach, even begrudgingly. You can't have players telling the coach to go *** himself and the like, it's poor form.

And that would make it two from two with Kingy. Wallace then Dimma. And given that most here for so long thought Kingy was a coach favourite, it's strange to hear.

I agree, depends on how it went down though. If it was frank and to the point discussions from Coach to Player and Player to Coach then Hardwick needs to be able to hear criticism back.

And that would make it two from two with Kingy. Wallace then Dimma. And given that most here for so long thought Kingy was a coach favourite, it's strange to hear.
In King's defence; that's not how Wallace tells the story. Wallace has made it public that King only went with Newman because no one else stood up and said they would. King didn't want Newman to have to go it alone. Wallace still maintains that he has nothing but respect for King on how it all went down.

Back